• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4-3A Week 0

Started by athletic supporter, August 18, 2018, 06:26:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

athletic supporter

August 18, 2018, 06:26:13 pm Last Edit: August 18, 2018, 06:48:39 pm by athletic supporter
Week 0, a new concept in Arkansas high school football, begins in less than a week. Only 2 teams in this conference are playing this week. Baptist Prep, Danville, Glen Rose, Jessieville, Mayflower, and Two Rivers each have an OPEN week.

Atkins 38 Hector 20

Paris 22 Perryville 19

beach bum

I like your picks. That Paris vs Perryville is hard to pick with how much each team lost from their rosters plus both having new coaches. And Hector is a little bit up in the air so not sure what to expect with them. Atkins is solid, but you would think Hector will keep it competitive. If Hector is not quite the team we are expecting it could be  an easy win then for Atkins. I hope that one is competitive though.

On side

Going to be a tough year for the Mustangs.  Paris will win big as will Atkins.

arkansasFBscoop

Hector did not look terrible in their scrimmage at Charleston, but Atkins will be too much for them.  Atkins by 21.

Paris and Perryville are both victim to having to rush install due to zero week with new coaches.  This will be a close game, neither team has much back and best case scenario they fight for five seed in their conferences.  Paris by 7 as home team - toss up game.

In the conference, I have -
1) Mayflower
2) Glen Rose
3) Danville
4) Atkins
5) Jessieville
6) Perryville
7) Baptist Prep
8) Two Rivers

1-4 will be really competitive.  From what I've heard, if Perryville cleans up mistakes from scrimmage then 5-6 will be competitive - moved ball well, self-inflicted stops. Jessieville is starting freshman at QB, who is going to be a really good player!  Very impressive. Baptist Prep is better than Two Rivers.  Two Rivers has dangerously low numbers.

beach bum

Quote from: On side on August 19, 2018, 12:03:46 am
Going to be a tough year for the Mustangs.  Paris will win big as will Atkins.

Paris lost all their offensive out put from last year.... Unless Perryville becomes one of the worst teams in all of 3A I don't see that game being a blowout. Paris only got the 5 seed last year in their conference so I have no clue how they would be any better than that with what they lost. I know Perryville won't be that good either, but they're going to have to be dreadful this year to get blown out in this game.

Mr.Bearded

Perryville played Bismarck in a scrimmage this past Thursday. I was not there but was told by a friend in attendance that the attitudes and effort were poor after falling behind in the second half. Ended up getting beaten pretty badly. 30 something to 7. Given it was just a scrimmage and kids were being rotated and just trying to work things out in the new system. But with Walker going down in the off season to a torn ACL there is no proven quarterback and nobody with any experience. Could be a long year for our mustangs. Hopefully the new HC can develop a QB and they can get things together.

Mr.Bearded

Quote from: beach bum on August 19, 2018, 11:20:37 am
Paris lost all their offensive out put from last year.... Unless Perryville becomes one of the worst teams in all of 3A I don't see that game being a blowout. Paris only got the 5 seed last year in their conference so I have no clue how they would be any better than that with what they lost. I know Perryville won't be that good either, but they're going to have to be dreadful this year to get blown out in this game.
With no QB and the current QB not able to get the snap in the shotgun 50% of the time due to it going over his head or hitting two feet in front of him it could be rough Friday night for Perryville. The defense didn't play terrible but it wasn't great from what I hear. I think Paris will probably handle this one easily till Perryville can find its identity.

arkansasFBscoop

Quote from: Mr.Bearded on August 19, 2018, 08:02:23 pm
Perryville played Bismarck in a scrimmage this past Thursday. I was not there but was told by a friend in attendance that the attitudes and effort were poor after falling behind in the second half. Ended up getting beaten pretty badly. 30 something to 7. Given it was just a scrimmage and kids were being rotated and just trying to work things out in the new system. But with Walker going down in the off season to a torn ACL there is no proven quarterback and nobody with any experience. Could be a long year for our mustangs. Hopefully the new HC can develop a QB and they can get things together.

Was told Mustangs had three touchdowns negated due to penalty in 26-7 game.  True?

Mr.Bearded

I'm not sure how many for sure but I was told of one that was a 60 yard run called back for holding. Perryville has two play makers in the backfield. They just need to develop a QB with this new system. It may be a rocky start to the year but they will get better. The scrimmage was 7-7 at the half the kids just kinda quit from what I heard in the 4th

RDPDAD2018

Atkins is going to be good this year

Mr.Bearded

Any word on Perryville/Paris

Mr.Bearded

Perryville 26-19 final

athletic supporter

August 24, 2018, 10:57:25 pm #12 Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 10:59:55 pm by athletic supporter
Week 0 results

Atkins 43 Hector 13...Good game for a half. Clock was running at the end.

Perryville 26 Paris 19...Mustangs win slugfest in Coach Norton's first game

This week's record: 1-1
Year to date: 1-1

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas