• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2018 Outlook: The Frest Start......again.

Started by AirWarren, December 06, 2017, 01:49:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AirWarren

bdubyab60

AirWarren

bdubyab60

Quote from: AirWarren on October 20, 2018, 01:20:41 pm
Chase dances too much.
Yes he does. Would be a good guy to maybe put in the slot

sportsguy80

Cole's pass to CJ earlier looked like a catch to me but I am on the opposite side so...

bdubyab60

Is Boud injured. Noticed no carries in a while

sportsguy80

Quote from: bdubyab60 on October 20, 2018, 01:49:50 pm
Is Boud injured. Noticed no carries in a while
He's walking around so he may be ok.

bdubyab60

nuttinbuthogs

Better keep him healthy, he's the run game right now.

sportsguy80

May not seem like much but that win meant a lot. Hopefully we will build off of it for the rest of the season.

bdubyab60

Will take everyone we can get. Well deserved. Hopefully it gets these guys to where they can finish a few more of these games out

nuttinbuthogs

Vandy is the next best chance to get another win.  We will see how that goes, I think we will need to play better than today and hopefully we get TS back for that game. 

RZback

Vandy is looking more like a possible win than it did several weeks ago.  Vandy has struggled the last several weeks and although still favored by a very small margin, it certainly could be win #3.  After Vandy it will be much more difficult to seen us win.

bdubyab60

Missouri is a horrible matchup for us. LSUs defense is stout we probably don't have enough offense to channel get them. Vandy and MSU are struggling we should be able to be in these games to the end.

We have got to quit being so conservative though.

gameoflife

Vandy I can see but the other 3 I think are doubtful.  LSU is just about an impossible win. Missouri and Mississippi are pretty long shots.
So we could be anything from 2-10, 3-9, 4-8 when the season plays out.  If we wind up 4-8 that would be a statement of CCM getting a little better hand on the program than he started with.  A good sign for next year.  If we don't win another game it just says we beat the worse team on the schedule, not necessarily got better but just got a worse opponent.  So we will see how it goes.

AirWarren

Nate Dalton will not be participating in team activities or practices this week.

bleudog

Quote from: gameoflife on October 22, 2018, 04:26:59 pm
Vandy I can see but the other 3 I think are doubtful.  LSU is just about an impossible win. Missouri and Mississippi are pretty long shots.
So we could be anything from 2-10, 3-9, 4-8 when the season plays out.  If we wind up 4-8 that would be a statement of CCM getting a little better hand on the program than he started with.  A good sign for next year.  If we don't win another game it just says we beat the worse team on the schedule, not necessarily got better but just got a worse opponent.  So we will see how it goes.

https://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=316&s=300937

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

It hasn't been very widely circulated, but JUCO OL Josh Donovan committed Sunday night. He's from College Station, but didn't have any major offers. This coaching staff seems to have adapted to the level of players we have, and the line has done pretty good on not allowing sacks, but QB hits are a big issue. Right now it's all about getting more depth on it, and having 4 commits and potentially two more could be nice

RZback

How are we doing on OL/DL recruits. I see more skilled player information than guys in the trenches.  All the skill players will not be enough without OL.

footballfan-tastic

When does Arkansas expect to hear from Kelley Bryant on his decision? I understand he will come in in January if he comes?

AirWarren

Quote from: footballfan-tastic on October 23, 2018, 04:12:49 pm
When does Arkansas expect to hear from Kelley Bryant on his decision? I understand he will come in in January if he comes?

Visiting mizzou soon.

bdubyab60

Quote from: RZback on October 23, 2018, 03:35:24 pm
How are we doing on OL/DL recruits. I see more skilled player information than guys in the trenches.  All the skill players will not be enough without OL.
DL has been pretty good

AirWarren

Quote from: bdubyab60 on October 23, 2018, 07:15:19 pm
DL has been pretty good

And honestly, coach Fry has done a heck of a job with what we got. It's been a while since our quarterback has been on his back near death especially in SEC play. We have a way to go, but man I think it looks tons better than it did. We just had to align the right guys in the right spot.  With a few more additions and a full year to recruit(not just a few months), he will get us some linemen.

nuttinbuthogs

Quote from: AirWarren on October 23, 2018, 07:47:34 pm
We have a way to go, but man I think it looks tons better than it did. We just had to align the right guys in the right spot.

Agreed, but doesn't it seem like it took an awfully long time to get the right guys on the field?

AirWarren

October 23, 2018, 08:01:08 pm #874 Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 08:03:00 pm by AirWarren
Quote from: nuttinbuthogs on October 23, 2018, 07:52:48 pm
Agreed, but doesn't it seem like it took an awfully long time to get the right guys on the field?

That's because our last offensive line coach was a grade A clown. I don't think I've seen a more worse hire in my 33 years on earth than that guy. I don't even remember his name I've blocked him out so much.

nuttinbuthogs

Quote from: AirWarren on October 23, 2018, 08:01:08 pm
That's because our last offensive line coach was a grade A clown. I don't think I've seen a more worse hire in my 33 years on watch than that guy. I don't even remember his name I've blocked him out so much.

What does the last coach have to do with getting the right players on the field this year? 

AirWarren

Quote from: nuttinbuthogs on October 23, 2018, 08:04:32 pm
What does the last coach have to do with getting the right players on the field this year? 

My point is. We had the players. Just didn't have the coach last year to get aligned.

Froholt was a preseason center for whatever reason. And he is no center. It took a decent coach to come in and see what he had, shift and finally get it right. Trial by error. Trial by fire.

nuttinbuthogs

October 23, 2018, 10:31:25 pm #877 Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 10:37:01 am by nuttinbuthogs
Yeah so that was the point, we had to go trial and error instead of spring ball and  preseason practice to get the guys we needed on the field.  Seems it took a little long.  Anyway, I hope we have the ones we need now for Saturday.

AirWarren

All about offensive scheme and quick plays. This line obviously better suited for pass pro rather than downhill cloud of dust. Just needed to get in shape and learn their assignments. That stuff doesn't happen overnight no matter how fast a fan thinks it should.

http://forums.hogville.net/index.php?topic=670671.0

bdubyab60

Taurean Carter on board. DL with a very good offer list

gameoflife

Ok so I'm curious.  Some folks talking about how much improvement we have made.???  We won a game that  beginning last Spring by almost all predictions was a for sure win.  One of the for 4-6 sure wins we would get.  Have we improved?  Well lets hope so, we have practiced spring , preseason and 8 games, I hope so.  Have the teams we have played improved, very likely.  This is what worries me.  We have made some improvement but so have the teams we are playing, so where does that leave us.   It's likely we are going to need another season or possibly 2 to get to a truly competitive point.

bdubyab60

I would expect us to be more competitive next year. NT and Bama are really the only two teams that have handed us our butts.

We gave away two more games this year. Those are the ones that really bother me. I truly believe it's hold over from Beliema.

We have a long ways to go still. IMO it will take another two years to see what this offense will truly look like.

The defensive recruiting looks to be some of the best we have ever had.

OL and developing a QB will be absolutely crucial. Really hoping KJ is the real deal and takes the reigns after a RS year

RZback

Quote from: gameoflife on October 24, 2018, 08:15:57 pm
Ok so I'm curious.  Some folks talking about how much improvement we have made.???  We won a game that  beginning last Spring by almost all predictions was a for sure win.  One of the for 4-6 sure wins we would get.  Have we improved?  Well lets hope so, we have practiced spring , preseason and 8 games, I hope so.  Have the teams we have played improved, very likely.  This is what worries me.  We have made some improvement but so have the teams we are playing, so where does that leave us.   It's likely we are going to need another season or possibly 2 to get to a truly competitive point.

Some truth here and I also think it's going to be a slower process than some fans seem to believe.  Playing a bunch of fresh recruits is not usually a quick fix to a program that is trying to get out of the dumpster.  Those young players are going to have to play against lots of junior and senior filled football teams, that will take a bit of time to get up to par.

footballfan-tastic

Quote from: RZback on October 25, 2018, 11:47:28 am
Some truth here and I also think it's going to be a slower process than some fans seem to believe.  Playing a bunch of fresh recruits is not usually a quick fix to a program that is trying to get out of the dumpster.  Those young players are going to have to play against lots of junior and senior filled football teams, that will take a bit of time to get up to par.

Very probable scenario here, that playing lots of young underclassmen may take time to get the desired results.  Most people usually acknowledge that youth means more mistakes.  Couple of years away from getting into the upper portion of the conference.

sportsguy80

bdubyab60

bdubyab60

May be the best looking scoring drive of the season

sportsguy80

Yup...now we need to figure out how to stop their running game.

AirWarren

Terrible angles. Arm tackles. Santos....just bad.

Gotta clean that up.

Just got a picture of the crowd, horrible.

bdubyab60

If we don't it looks like a shootout. Hope Greenlaw can get back in there

bdubyab60

Quote from: AirWarren on October 27, 2018, 11:19:48 am
Terrible angles. Arm tackles. Santos....just bad.

Gotta clean that up.

Just got a picture of the crowd, horrible.
Maybe one day we can get off these 11am starts

WPWells

I think we'd have the advantage in a shootout

bdubyab60

bdubyab60

bdubyab60

sportsguy80

AirWarren

bdubyab60

I question trying a FG you have no shot at making. Either throw the Hail Mary or kneel it.

Got to quit giving up scores late in quarters. Seems like we relax in those situations

sportsguy80

bdubyab60

Which is about his range. 5 yards is a mile for a kicker

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas