• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How many games will Greenwood win this year? Will it translate to another championship for CRJ???

Started by bulldogger15, July 11, 2016, 06:07:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bulldogger15

I think Coach Rick Jones will stick with his two quarterback system that he "adapted" to last year. Hopefully, us Bulldogs fans will see double digit wins and a state championship this December.

The unquestionable support of our Greenwood Bulldogs Booster Club could be the edge that puts us over the top. I already feel a little spark in the air at the GMAC.

GO BULLDOGS!!!

Baitshop

If the wrong QB ain't getting the right amount of playing time, your booster club support could go down the crapper...

zebradynasty

Now I've heard it all! The booster club is going win the championship for GW! ??? ;D ;D ;D ;D

The Future

10-0 baby!!!

Perfect. Greenwood runs the tables again. 5th perfect regular season in 6 years. 7 of 10 opponents mercy ruled. Streak over Alma goes to 12 and streak over Southside hits 5. Only trail just a few times the whole season. Without a bigtime RB, everyone will have plenty to discuss between our QBs because we will up our passing yardage from a year ago tremendously. And it doesn't matter which QB we have in the game. Yall can debate and bash and point fingers and throw all your trash talk all you want. Nothing beyond this season will matter. All that matters is the end result each game. And that result will still be the same. Greenwood will beat your team. 10-0, 7-0 outright conference champs 1st seed and enter the postseason the odds on favorites to win it all. 2016 State Champions! Greenwood's 7th since 2004 and 8th since 2000!

Whew that was fun. But more reasonable, I see either 8-2 with Southside and Eldo losses or 9-1 with either a Southside or Eldo loss and at least Greenwood's 11th semifinal appearance in 13 seasons.
Not that a 10-0 season isn't possible. I just don't predict or guarantee one anymore. I learned my lesson. Predicted us to go 8-2 in 2012 and then 14-0 in 2013 lol.

Jeep71

Baitshop

Quote from: Jeep71 on July 11, 2016, 09:52:48 pm
I seen several SS rebels in Greenwood today ;)

Probably 1/4 of the Bulldog roster lives in Fort Smith....so the correct statement should be "I SAW several 'should be' Southside Mavericks in Greenwood today"...

bulldogger15

Quote from: Baitshop on July 11, 2016, 10:37:57 pm
Probably 1/4 of the Bulldog roster lives in Fort Smith....so the correct statement should be "I SAW several 'should be' Southside Mavericks in Greenwood today"...
We could probably loan the Southside Whodunnits back 1/4 of our roster and they'd still have a very tough time beating Ol' Ricky Don Jones.

The real correct statment is that no one really "lives" in Ft. Smith they only "survive". If you really want to "live" come on down to Greenwood, Land of the Bulldogs. We get'er done down in south Sebastian County son.

GO BULLDOGS!!!

Pr8hd

Any one else envision / hear a Foghorn Leghorn type voice when they read a Bulldogger post?

Jeep71

Quote from: Baitshop on July 11, 2016, 10:37:57 pm
So you seen them two?

Oldbadger

Quote from: Jeep71 on July 12, 2016, 07:16:49 pm
So you seen them two?
Are you inferring that Greenwood recruits from Ft. Smith Southside as well as eastern Oklahoma? Shame, shame, shame.  Wait until I tell Pulaski Academy!!!lol

Pr8hd

Quote from: Oldbadger on July 12, 2016, 09:49:20 pm
Are you inferring that Greenwood recruits from Ft. Smith Southside as well as eastern Oklahoma? Shame, shame, shame.  Wait until I tell Pulaski Academy!!!lol

They are beating a dead horse in that GW's district boundaries run up into/around southern and eastern parts of Fort Smith city limits. It's been that way forever, just new developments have really flourished in this area. It's sour grapes for the Mavs mostly, but what what most fail to mention when they bring this up is that those parents/kids could select to voluntarily attend FS Southside thru school choice, if they really wanted them to attend there over GW. Most families elect to go to GW or located to that affluent area specifically for closer convenience of FS, but the ability to remain in the GW school system.

I lived in that area when I went to GW in HS and don't ever recall Coach Gatling/Lunney or any of the SS faithful crying at that time over the loss of athletes to GW, but then again SS was more relevant while GW certainly was not, at that time in most sports consistently. Bait knows this as well, he's just dropping some stink bait, looking for bottom feeders.

GW used to be analogous to SS's little step-child brother, whom GW was afraid of. Now, little brother has grown up and gotten big enough to whip the big brother's rear on a pretty regular basis. So, big brother wants to whine about it and look for excuses.  :'(

The tables have definitely turned for now, but I don't think the differences lie mainly on the booster clubs (as both are great). :P

bulldogger15

Quote from: Pr8hd on July 13, 2016, 09:01:34 am
They are beating a dead horse in that GW's district boundaries run up into/around southern and eastern parts of Fort Smith city limits. It's been that way forever, just new developments have really flourished in this area. It's sour grapes for the Mavs mostly, but what what most fail to mention when they bring this up is that those parents/kids could select to voluntarily attend FS Southside thru school choice, if they really wanted them to attend there over GW. Most families elect to go to GW or located to that affluent area specifically for closer convenience of FS, but the ability to remain in the GW school system.

I lived in that area when I went to GW in HS and don't ever recall Coach Gatling/Lunney or any of the SS faithful crying at that time over the loss of athletes to GW, but then again SS was more relevant while GW certainly was not, at that time in most sports consistently. Bait knows this as well, he's just dropping some stink bait, looking for bottom feeders.

GW used to be analogous to SS's little step-child brother, whom GW was afraid of. Now, little brother has grown up and gotten big enough to whip the big brother's rear on a pretty regular basis. So, big brother wants to whine about it and look for excuses.  :'(

The tables have definitely turned for now, but I don't think the differences lie mainly on the booster clubs (as both are great). :P

+1

Pr8hd I say Pr8hd, you's pitchin and they not catchin!
Those boys up around Southside bout as sharp as a bowling ball.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

GO BULLDOGS!!!

Maclin on your girl

bulldogger15

Quote from: Pr8hd on July 13, 2016, 09:01:34 am

+1

Pr8hd I say Pr8hd, you's pitchin and they not catchin!
Those boys up around Southside bout as sharp as a bowling ball.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

GO BULLDOGS!!!

RDâ„¢

Bulldogfan44

Go in with a 1-0 mindset in every game and you will see another championship. I have been to every game for the last 7 years. I graduated from GW. And I support everything they do. But to say that the reason we are going to go undefeated or that it gives us an edge is because of the booster club, is just ignorant. It's the coaching and the boys that give us the edge. Not the booster club, get real

Pr8hd

Quote from: RDâ„¢ on July 13, 2016, 08:06:13 pm
9-1
Alma breaks the streak. Law of averages says so.

I think you have come thru here saying this more or less the last few years.  ::)

The statistics against your "law of averages" theorem don't add up nor do they take into account that so far Loughridge at Alma has yet to field a competitive team or develop a game plan to counter Jones and the Bulldogs.

In three years, Alma was closer under Dilbeck led teams than Loughridge led teams.

2013 - 47 to 7 (Mercy Rule)
2014 - 35 to 7
2015 - 56 to 14 (Mercy Rule)

Combined Score 138 to 28

The law of average I see there add up to be a score average of 43 to 9 in favor of GW (or CRJ vs CDL).

There is nothing in those scores nor significant changes in the philosophies of either team that would lead me to think that THIS is THE year. Sure, there is chance it could be and that is why you play the games, but even my Magic 8 Ball says "All Signs Point to No." Heck, GW is at home as well against them this year, a place where CRJ has lost a handful of times under his tenure - 7 times to be exact in 11 seasons with only 3 being regular season losses.

The biggest advantage is Alma catches them early season...but that's it. 

No, non-homer, rational person, without some deeper rooted issues would look at that and say, "Yep, give me the Airedales" and lay down a bet on that.

Alma hasn't won in over a decade, this rivalry has become one-sided and has not been that competitive in some time.

There are other teams on the GW schedule one could make a stronger case for the possibility of losses.

FWIW   CRJ (GW) vs. Dilbeck (Alma) Scores

2007- 42 to 15  (Mercy Rule)
2008- 40 to 36
2009- 25 to 21
2010- 52 to 21  (Mercy Rule)
2011- 23 to 20
2012- 36 to 6   (Mercy Rule)

217 to 119 or Avg. Margin of victory for GW 36 to 20 over the Dales.

PS... I think CDL is a better coach than Dilbeck, but in games versus GW he and his teams have not been effective or as competitive.

The proof is in the pudding or on the field.

bulldogger15

Quote from: Pr8hd on July 14, 2016, 02:22:22 pm
I think you have come thru here saying this more or less the last few years.  ::)

The statistics against your "law of averages" theorem don't add up nor do they take into account that so far Loughridge at Alma has yet to field a competitive team or develop a game plan to counter Jones and the Bulldogs.

In three years, Alma was closer under Dilbeck led teams than Loughridge led teams.

2013 - 47 to 7 (Mercy Rule)
2014 - 35 to 7
2015 - 56 to 14 (Mercy Rule)

Combined Score 138 to 28

The law of average I see there add up to be a score average of 43 to 9 in favor of GW (or CRJ vs CDL).

There is nothing in those scores nor significant changes in the philosophies of either team that would lead me to think that THIS is THE year. Sure, there is chance it could be and that is why you play the games, but even my Magic 8 Ball says "All Signs Point to No." Heck, GW is at home as well against them this year, a place where CRJ has lost a handful of times under his tenure - 7 times to be exact in 11 seasons with only 3 being regular season losses.

The biggest advantage is Alma catches them early season...but that's it. 

No, non-homer, rational person, without some deeper rooted issues would look at that and say, "Yep, give me the Airedales" and lay down a bet on that.

Alma hasn't won in over a decade, this rivalry has become one-sided and has not been that competitive in some time.

There are other teams on the GW schedule one could make a stronger case for the possibility of losses.

FWIW   CRJ (GW) vs. Dilbeck (Alma) Scores

2007- 42 to 15  (Mercy Rule)
2008- 40 to 36
2009- 25 to 21
2010- 52 to 21  (Mercy Rule)
2011- 23 to 20
2012- 36 to 6   (Mercy Rule)

217 to 119 or Avg. Margin of victory for GW 36 to 20 over the Dales.

PS... I think CDL is a better coach than Dilbeck, but in games versus GW he and his teams have not been effective or as competitive.

The proof is in the pudding or on the field.
Dang Pr8hd, nice stats, but you need to get a job or a real nice hobby! The new Greenwood AD Smith should hire you to keep up with all Bulldog stats. What's one more custom made position that we don't need? Bulldog Foundation would surely fund that position as long as your most relevant stats came in favorably. Wink, wink...

Simply put, Alma does not have the talent and moreover the coaching to beat the Greenwood Bulldogs in football, period.

GO BULLDOGS!!!

bulldogger15

Quote from: Bulldogfan44 on July 14, 2016, 09:13:11 am
Go in with a 1-0 mindset in every game and you will see another championship. I have been to every game for the last 7 years. I graduated from GW. And I support everything they do. But to say that the reason we are going to go undefeated or that it gives us an edge is because of the booster club, is just ignorant. It's the coaching and the boys that give us the edge. Not the booster club, get real
The Booster Club comment was a tongue in check comment that went way over your head. Thanks for the indepth insight about the coaching and boys giving us the edge. Keep watching the games for another 7 years, you might learn something. You have a brilliant football mind for sure.

By the way, flying the Greenwood graduation and football game attended flag doesn't give you a ton of credibility. You should expand your scope a little wider than Sebastian County if you want to do that bulldogfan44. Good luck with that and by the way, tomorrow is Monday, time to change the ol' underwear again!

GO BULLDOGS!!!

Bulldogfan44

Good comment coming from someone who has a reputation of saying stupid things you know nothing about. Lots of people read your crap an just laugh at it. Lots of Bulldog fans included. We all know who you are. Why don't you just post your name on here so I don't have too. Bulldogger15

bulldogger15

Quote from: Bulldogfan44 on July 19, 2016, 11:35:42 am
Good comment coming from someone who has a reputation of saying stupid things you know nothing about. Lots of people read your crap an just laugh at it. Lots of Bulldog fans included. We all know who you are. Why don't you just post your name on here so I don't have too. Bulldogger15

Go ahead punk. MAKE-MY-DAY!!!

GO BULLDOGS!!!

rona

Greenwood has an excellent High School Football Program developed by years of commitment by many Coaches, Players, Fans, and the Community overall. Never think that one Coach or one Player is the difference - just not true. Enjoy the ride, support the Program, and leave personal egos at Home.

Go Bulldogs!!!

bulldogger15

Quote from: rona on July 19, 2016, 10:12:52 pm
Greenwood has an excellent High School Football Program developed by years of commitment by many Coaches, Players, Fans, and the Community overall. Never think that one Coach or one Player is the difference - just not true. Enjoy the ride, support the Program, and leave personal egos at Home.

Go Bulldogs!!!
Welcome back Rona. Personal egos drive the world. Look at our future President, Mr. Donald J. Trump. Put a different coach at the helm of the Bulldogs and see what you get. We'll soon see what CRJ has brought to the table year in and year out. Keep kidding yourself. It's all about the coaching and players. Us fans are simple bystanders in the end.

GO BULLDOGS!!!

Baitshop

Quote from: rona on July 19, 2016, 10:12:52 pm

Go Bulldogs!!!

In Greenwoods case, anyone that thinks that CRJ is not the difference over his time at GW is, at best, being foolish....

Pr8hd

If coaching didn't matter, then Harv Welch would have sustained the success that Peacock had them set up with before he left. Coaching in the HS ranks is as valuable as anything. Most all schools in the state would love to have Rick Jones at the helm. GW wins a lot games because they are well prepared, execute what they do well, and develop/adjust to personnel. They don't normally out talent/out size anyone man for man on paper.  Certainly, GW is not devoid of talented players since it has helped to have had 5 D1 QB commits under his tenure and another couple of solid players that played/are playing D1 football at high levels (Lucas Miller,Spencer Harris, Drew Morgan).  They have also had a whole host of really good football players that maybe lacked the optimum measurables , but played bigger than what those measurables said they were.

CRJ would never put himself as the most important piece as he knows it takes more than one to get things done.

GW without CRJ would be analogous to how Alabama was prior to Sabin's arrival when they had DeBose & Shula.

There are lots of similar examples around the state as well such as PA under Kelley, Warren with Hembree, Pine Bluff with Bolding, etc. and many, many others. A good coach is not the only thing and there are lots of other things that go into a successful program as mentioned, but without a great leader that takes charge, sets expectations, demands work, cares, etc. then you have something very similar to what we got going on in the US today. A once great program (country) performing less than what they should, deep divisions, and internal strife.

For good insight into CRJ, read his blog on the website. It is funny/sad, shows his goals, and good reads on his experiences not just on the field.

http://www.coachrickjones.com/

bulldogger15

Quote from: Pr8hd on July 21, 2016, 08:14:54 am
If coaching didn't matter, then Harv Welch would have sustained the success that Peacock had them set up with before he left. Coaching in the HS ranks is as valuable as anything. Most all schools in the state would love to have Rick Jones at the helm. GW wins a lot games because they are well prepared, execute what they do well, and develop/adjust to personnel. They don't normally out talent/out size anyone man for man on paper.  Certainly, GW is not devoid of talented players since it has helped to have had 5 D1 QB commits under his tenure and another couple of solid players that played/are playing D1 football at high levels (Lucas Miller,Spencer Harris, Drew Morgan).  They have also had a whole host of really good football players that maybe lacked the optimum measurables , but played bigger than what those measurables said they were.

CRJ would never put himself as the most important piece as he knows it takes more than one to get things done.

GW without CRJ would be analogous to how Alabama was prior to Sabin's arrival when they had DeBose & Shula.

There are lots of similar examples around the state as well such as PA under Kelley, Warren with Hembree, Pine Bluff with Bolding, etc. and many, many others. A good coach is not the only thing and there are lots of other things that go into a successful program as mentioned, but without a great leader that takes charge, sets expectations, demands work, cares, etc. then you have something very similar to what we got going on in the US today. A once great program (country) performing less than what they should, deep divisions, and internal strife.

For good insight into CRJ, read his blog on the website. It is funny/sad, shows his goals, and good reads on his experiences not just on the field.

+1  Atta boy Pr8hd!!!

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: Baitshop on July 20, 2016, 10:48:38 pm
In Greenwoods case, anyone that thinks that CRJ is not the difference over his time at GW is, at best, being foolish....
+1 Go Bulldogs

Road_Dogg

Quote from: Pr8hd on July 21, 2016, 08:14:54 am

+1. Can you give me the name of the 1 D1 QB commit I'm missing? I'm puzzled right now and only can think of Stegall, Wilson, Burgess, and Noland

Pr8hd

Quote from: Road_Dogg on July 22, 2016, 06:05:57 am
+1. Can you give me the name of the 1 D1 QB commit I'm missing? I'm puzzled right now and only can think of Stegall, Wilson, Burgess, and Noland

Stephen Hogan at Ark. State ...recruited as QB/Receiver and played a little of both there. Had like 4 different coaches in his time there including Malzahn.
Started QB at GW his sr. year, threw the 2 pt conversion to Smith against Camden FV in the championship game miracle comeback.

Before CRJ's arrival in 2004, I believe GW had ZERO D1 scholarship commits EVER in football. Since that time, they will have had at least 7-9 (depending on how you count Miller (walk on who earned scholarship) or even Adam McFain (still at UA but believe still walkon) and Grant Morgan(preferred walkon this year). They had some in baseball and other sports, but not football. There were probably a few that should have been before then, IMO. 

One last point of interest, GW under Jones has won all but 1 of its past 6 titles (1 w/Stegall, 2 w/Wilson, 1 w/Hogan, 1 w/Smith, 1 w/Burgess) with a D1 QB at the helm. Smith being the lone non-D1 football recruit in 2011. Smith was a suberb multi sport athlete in his own right though although many may credit Drew Morgan's play in the 2011 and 2012 title runs as being a huge catalyst. They dominated the last year in 5A under Smith including the big time comeback (21 pts) at Camden FV in semi's.   

Lots of great players at GW not mentioned they could not have won those titles without though offensively/defensively as well as great coaching staffs.

Road_Dogg

Quote from: Pr8hd on July 22, 2016, 08:37:09 am
Stephen Hogan at Ark. State ...recruited as QB/Receiver and played a little of both there. Had like 4 different coaches in his time there including Malzahn.
Started QB at GW his sr. year, threw the 2 pt conversion to Smith against Camden FV in the championship game miracle comeback.

Before CRJ's arrival in 2004, I believe GW had ZERO D1 scholarship commits EVER in football. Since that time, they will have had at least 7-9 (depending on how you count Miller (walk on who earned scholarship) or even Adam McFain (still at UA but believe still walkon) and Grant Morgan(preferred walkon this year). They had some in baseball and other sports, but not football. There were probably a few that should have been before then, IMO. 

One last point of interest, GW under Jones has won all but 1 of its past 6 titles (1 w/Stegall, 2 w/Wilson, 1 w/Hogan, 1 w/Smith, 1 w/Burgess) with a D1 QB at the helm. Smith being the lone non-D1 football recruit in 2011. Smith was a suberb multi sport athlete in his own right though although many may credit Drew Morgan's play in the 2011 and 2012 title runs as being a huge catalyst. They dominated the last year in 5A under Smith including the big time comeback (21 pts) at Camden FV in semi's.   

Lots of great players at GW not mentioned they could not have won those titles without though offensively/defensively as well as great coaching staffs.

Thanks! Forgot all about Hogan. Mainly because I thought he was recruited as a WR. I played during the Peacock and Harv era. I always thought Josh Leftwhich had the talent, size, and speed to get some D-1 looks. From what I can remember is Josh Bell had I believe Air Force or one of the naval academy's looking at him? But, nothing ever came to an offer.

Pr8hd

Quote from: Road_Dogg on July 22, 2016, 09:39:53 am
Thanks! Forgot all about Hogan. Mainly because I thought he was recruited as a WR. I played during the Peacock and Harv era. I always thought Josh Leftwhich had the talent, size, and speed to get some D-1 looks. From what I can remember is Josh Bell had I believe Air Force or one of the naval academy's looking at him? But, nothing ever came to an offer.

He was mainly recruited as a receiver but was promised a chance at QB first I believe. Pretty sure, he did both. You played at a far better, more successful time at least under Peacock(and even Welch) than when I did, under Fox. Bell was unbelievable without a doubt. Plenty of receivers like Leftwhich too that fell in that really good athlete mold- Staton, Turpin, Padilla, etc. We got told once by Coach Efurd (my defensive coach, loved playing for him, and will always be known as that) that had GW made the commitment earlier to football that they should have like they do now, especially coaching wise, that GW would have had more success prior to Peacock's arrival.     

bulldogger15

Quote from: The Future on July 11, 2016, 07:01:30 pm
10-0 baby!!!

Perfect. Greenwood runs the tables again. 5th perfect regular season in 6 years. 7 of 10 opponents mercy ruled. Streak over Alma goes to 12 and streak over Southside hits 5. Only trail just a few times the whole season. Without a bigtime RB, everyone will have plenty to discuss between our QBs because we will up our passing yardage from a year ago tremendously. And it doesn't matter which QB we have in the game. Yall can debate and bash and point fingers and throw all your trash talk all you want. Nothing beyond this season will matter. All that matters is the end result each game. And that result will still be the same. Greenwood will beat your team. 10-0, 7-0 outright conference champs 1st seed and enter the postseason the odds on favorites to win it all. 2016 State Champions! Greenwood's 7th since 2004 and 8th since 2000!

Whew that was fun. But more reasonable, I see either 8-2 with Southside and Eldo losses or 9-1 with either a Southside or Eldo loss and at least Greenwood's 11th semifinal appearance in 13 seasons.
Not that a 10-0 season isn't possible. I just don't predict or guarantee one anymore. I learned my lesson. Predicted us to go 8-2 in 2012 and then 14-0 in 2013 lol.

I like the 14-0 scenario for sure! My prediction after watching practice yesterday plus seeing interviews in the newspapers and on television by Coach Jones has me very excited.

Coach Jones stated:

"(Arkansas) is getting a great player," Greenwood football coach Rick Jones said. "The guy is a phenomenal athlete as a two-sport guy. He's a kid of great character. He's not afraid of hard work. He's also got a great combination of confidence and humility that you just don't find very often among kids his age. I just can't say enough of about his attitude and the way he goes about his business. He's a down-to-earth kid that's been raised really well."

"Last year was a situation where he did an amazing job, because what we do is not easy," Jones said. "He was trying to translate everything that we talked about and it was all new language for him. I thought he had a phenomenal year, completing 68 percent of his passes. But he gets better and better and better all the time, too. He cares a lot about becoming the best that he can be, so I think he'll be a totally different guy this year and he was pretty doggone good last year."

Jones says Noland possesses great footwork in and out of the pocket as well as an exceptional arm. He's expected to take on an expanded role as a junior at Greenwood this season.

Sounds like Coach Rick Jones likes what he's seeing out of Noland. I expect Connor Noland to have a breakout year and lead the Bulldogs to another state championship. I'm not sticking my neck out to say the Bulldogs will go 14-0, but Noland looks like a leader on the field and he obviously has really impressed Jones of late. Also, Noland looked like he was taller and had added on at least 15 pounds of muscle since I last saw him. Very impressive young man in some of the interviews I've read. Appears to me that Coach Rick Jones will add some more hardware to the Greenwood trophy case if we can put it all together with some big holes to fill from last year. If Noland stays healthy, he should add even more to the Greenwood Bulldogs arsenal that was pretty doggone good last season. I just channeled a little CRJ there at the end. Sorry, I couldn't help myself. That guy is a scary good coach.

GO BULLDOGS!!!

Baitshop

Quote from: bulldogger15 on July 28, 2016, 09:20:08 am
I like the 14-0 scenario for sure! My prediction after watching practice yesterday plus seeing interviews in the newspapers and on television by Coach Jones has me very excited.

Coach Jones stated:

“(Arkansas) is getting a great player,” Greenwood football coach Rick Jones said. “The guy is a phenomenal athlete as a two-sport guy. He’s a kid of great character. He’s not afraid of hard work. He’s also got a great combination of confidence and humility that you just don’t find very often among kids his age. I just can’t say enough of about his attitude and the way he goes about his business. He’s a down-to-earth kid that’s been raised really well.”

“Last year was a situation where he did an amazing job, because what we do is not easy,” Jones said. “He was trying to translate everything that we talked about and it was all new language for him. I thought he had a phenomenal year, completing 68 percent of his passes. But he gets better and better and better all the time, too. He cares a lot about becoming the best that he can be, so I think he’ll be a totally different guy this year and he was pretty doggone good last year.”

Jones says Noland possesses great footwork in and out of the pocket as well as an exceptional arm. He’s expected to take on an expanded role as a junior at Greenwood this season.

Sounds like Coach Rick Jones likes what he's seeing out of Noland. I expect Connor Noland to have a breakout year and lead the Bulldogs to another state championship. I'm not sticking my neck out to say the Bulldogs will go 14-0, but Noland looks like a leader on the field and he obviously has really impressed Jones of late. Also, Noland looked like he was taller and had added on at least 15 pounds of muscle since I last saw him. Very impressive young man in some of the interviews I've read. Appears to me that Coach Rick Jones will add some more hardware to the Greenwood trophy case if we can put it all together with some big holes to fill from last year. If Noland stays healthy, he should add even more to the Greenwood Bulldogs arsenal that was pretty doggone good last season. I just channeled a little CRJ there at the end. Sorry, I couldn't help myself. That guy is a scary good coach.

GO BULLDOGS!!!

Yet, he won't be the starter and will probably play less than half of the snaps?

Grizzlyfan

Since the kid has college offers from all over the country I would hope Jones likes what he sees.  The question is will he slap down the old guard and make Noland the starter.

Baitshop

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on July 28, 2016, 09:41:02 am
Since the kid has college offers from all over the country I would hope Jones likes what he sees.  The question is will he slap down the old guard and make Noland the starter.

My money (or Geno's pizza) says that, no he will not.

bulldogger15

Quote from: Baitshop on July 28, 2016, 11:27:20 am

Getting old was the biggest surprise of my life. This situation might top that for both of us Baitshop! This season should be something special. You might just be surprised....

Stay tuned.

GO BULLDOGS!!!

Overdahill

Quote from: bulldogger15 on July 28, 2016, 03:18:10 pm
Getting old was the biggest surprise of my life. This situation might top that for both of us Baitshop! This season should be something special. You might just be surprised....

Stay tuned.

GO BULLDOGS!!!

^^ good one! +1

catfish1

bulldogger15

Quote from: Baitshop on July 28, 2016, 11:27:20 am
Baitshop should get out of the house and come to a couple GW practices. If you see what I'm seeing you'd take your bet back pretty quick. By seasons end, Noland will be the starter. No matter what, you'll see plenty of the Bulldogs on Sept 9th!

Greenwood Bulldogs 34 Southside Whodunnits 21

GO BULLDOGS!!!

Rob Van Winkle

Quote from: catfish1 on July 29, 2016, 04:43:34 pm
I just hope we have the personnel to catch the ball!!!!!!
They have some exceptional talent that will be sophs this year that will be a major part of the receiving core.

The Future

Quote from: Rob Van Winkle on August 02, 2016, 01:38:01 pm
They have some exceptional talent that will be sophs this year that will be a major part of the receiving core.

Its always good to have sophomores step up into a starter role. Greenwood has had some good true sophomore recievers in Jones' era. Staton and Padilla really stand out as 2 in my mind.
I also heard that the upcoming sophomore QB will make the switch to reciever. Is this true?

Rob Van Winkle

Quote from: The Future on August 02, 2016, 02:32:15 pm
Its always good to have sophomores step up into a starter role. Greenwood has had some good true sophomore recievers in Jones' era. Staton and Padilla really stand out as 2 in my mind.
I also heard that the upcoming sophomore QB will make the switch to reciever. Is this true?
Yes it is and he is the one I was specifically referring to. Outstanding athlete who is a playmaker. I think he will have a great season.

Pr8hd

Quote from: The Future on August 02, 2016, 02:32:15 pm

Add in Spencer Harris, Garrett Collins, Kevin Jones, etc. to the list that made solid impacts early on.
Peyton Holt is an outstanding athlete in multiple sports (starter on varsity baseball team and on the varsity basketball team as a freshman) and will transition well to receiver, if that is who you are referring to. I am pretty sure he is playing receiver this year.

FD4

Seldom creep up here onto the 6A board but just some food for thought.  What does the # QB look like in the grand scheme of things?  It is not impossible for both starters to get injured and out for the season.  Just sayin.

FD4

Oh, almost forgot, if you cant run the ball on folks, you will not run the table, thats just how the cookie crumbles.  Coach Jones is one of if not the best at taking an average player and making him a great player.  Reference to Running Back.  Good luck though anyway, anybody that can hammer the rest of northwest Arkansas is on my list of great teams to watch.  Cant stand most of those schools up there in the hills other than Ozark, Greenwood and Alma.

Pr8hd

Looks like CRJ brought in some Marines to finish up the team's last week of off season summer conditioning... at the end of this video 1:42 mark. This was an extension to FASDOGS and I think they had them there all this last week.

I'm ready for the season to start for all teams and on all levels.

Overdahill

GuvHog

Quote from: FD4 on August 04, 2016, 02:10:28 pm
Oh, almost forgot, if you cant run the ball on folks, you will not run the table, thats just how the cookie crumbles.  Coach Jones is one of if not the best at taking an average player and making him a great player.  Reference to Running Back.  Good luck though anyway, anybody that can hammer the rest of northwest Arkansas is on my list of great teams to watch.  Cant stand most of those schools up there in the hills other than Ozark, Greenwood and Alma.

Coach Jones is also good at taking a highly talented player and hampering his development.

zebradynasty

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas