• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2016 Baseball Jobs

Started by OB11, May 03, 2016, 01:10:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BrianfromCarlisle

Mike King, new Carlisle head coach. From East Texas.

2aball

Boy Manila really put themselves in a bad spot by waiting so long on Belcher. It's now too late to even pull someone else out of a non-coaching profession through the non-traditional program.

Head Lion

We are not going to field a baseball team next year, going to be like Earle & just concentrate on basketball.

Wonderdog

Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on July 27, 2016, 08:52:23 am
Mike King, new Carlisle head coach. From East Texas.
Where did Coach Woods go?

followme

New head softball coach at Pangburn.

OB11

Quote from: 2aball on July 27, 2016, 05:53:22 pm
Boy Manila really put themselves in a bad spot by waiting so long on Belcher. It's now too late to even pull someone else out of a non-coaching profession through the non-traditional program.

Yep.  The way I see it they have 2 options. 

Give it to someone already there either as a permanent job or go the interim route and try again next year to hire someone. 

Or hire a guy that has a license that is not under contract anywhere i.e. a guy that may only be certified in PE that hasn't been able to find a job. 

BrianfromCarlisle

Carlisle has good young talent.  Glad to see they were able to get an experienced coach for them this late in the game.  Looks like he will be around for a while too.  Also good

OB11

Quote from: 2aball on July 27, 2016, 05:53:22 pm

I will say this about the Manila situation.  The admin there tried VERY hard to get the guy they wanted once Paragould decided to keep Belcher.

2aball

Quote from: OB11 on August 02, 2016, 02:46:07 pm
I will say this about the Manila situation.  The admin there tried VERY hard to get the guy they wanted once Paragould decided to keep Belcher.

Meaning Flemming or someone else? Flemming would have been a very good hire I think.

OB11

Quote from: 2aball on August 02, 2016, 05:17:40 pm
Meaning Flemming or someone else? Flemming would have been a very good hire I think.

Yes, they wanted him badly.  Just couldn't work it out with Jonesboro from what I understand. 

Does anyone know what Manila ended up doing?

OB11

Heard Manila hired Brandon Nix as their head baseball coach. 

2aball

Quote from: OB11 on August 05, 2016, 08:48:28 pm

Where is he from?

OB11

Quote from: 2aball on August 07, 2016, 12:48:22 pm
Where is he from?

Think he has volunteered some with Brookland's baseball team the past few years.  He has not had a teaching/coaching job though as far as I know.  Pretty sure that's why Manila was able to get him; he wasn't under contract anywhere else.

OB11

Just wanted to say thanks for everyone's input on this thread.  I didn't keep up with it nearly as well as I wanted to.  Obviously I had more insight to the jobs in the Northeast part of the state.  Hopefully I'll do a better job of it next year. 

neaguru

Quote from: OB11 on August 05, 2016, 08:48:28 pm
Brandon nix is the jr high baseball coach for Manila not high school from my understanding. I'm not sure who the sr high coach is.

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

Quote from: neaguru on August 18, 2016, 08:27:36 pm
Brandon nix is the jr high baseball coach for Manila not high school from my understanding. I'm not sure who the sr high coach is.

So what about Birmingham?  I thought he was JR high coach?   

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas