• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

7A 1st Round

Started by KingOfNothing, October 21, 2015, 07:23:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

KingOfNothing

Below I will post all of the 1st Round games for the 7A State Tournament. I will also state my prediction for the outcome of each game. Please feel free to add your input and opinions.

Har-Ber (West 3 seed) vs. Central (East 3 seed) - Har-Ber in 3.

Cabot (East 2 seed) vs. Rogers Heritage (West 5 seed) - Heritage in 5.

Southside (West 4 seed) vs. Mt. St. Mary (Central 3 seed) - Southside in a very close 5.

Bryant (Central 2 seed) vs. Rogers (West 6 seed) - Bryant in 4.

Vballfan

MSM over Cabot 3-2.  I'm not sure south side and msm will be that close, I like south side to win in 3 or maybe 4.

moe99expedition

Here are my first round predictions:

Har-Ber over Central- 3 sets

Rogers- Heritage over Cabot- 5 sets

Southside over MSM- 3 sets

Bryant over Roger- 4 sets

moe99expedition

(W3) Har-Ber over (E3) Central in 3 sets

moe99expedition

Vballfan

October 27, 2015, 07:54:47 pm #5 Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 08:17:52 pm by Vballfan
Quote from: moe99expedition on October 27, 2015, 05:09:19 pm

Heritage set their one hitter every time and Cabot made no adjustments.  They do have a decent setter, good enough to get it to 13 every stinking time.

congrats to them on the win.

AllStarSportsFan

Quote from: Vballfan on October 27, 2015, 07:54:47 pm

Heritage set their one hitter every time and Cabot made no adjustments.  They do have a decent setter, good enough to get it to 13 every stinking time.

Was there a question regarding the officiating?  I was told there was a meeting with the R1 and an AAA official during the match.

Vballfan

Quote from: AllStarSportsFan on October 27, 2015, 09:41:42 pm
Quote from: Vballfan on October 27, 2015, 07:54:47 pm

Was there a question regarding the officiating?  I was told there was a meeting with the R1 and an AAA official during the match.

If there was a meeting with someone from AAA during the game, I missed it. r1 called a pancake on a ball fhat everyone else in the gym thought was down, there was a long delay and r2 was seen pleading with him to change the call and he finally did. There were several other questionable calls and most seemed to go against cabot. My daughter is the captain and all I can say is the r1 wouldn't even talk to her when she would ask for an explanation on a call. R1 would barely slow down to acknowledge her. There was a big student section and cabot fans were letting him have it after a series of calls that were perceived to be bad

Disappointing loss. They lost cause heritage set 13 every time cabot couldn't slow her down. And cabots setter was called for several, several doubles. Some were deserved, others were how it has been all year and they just got called in that matchA

Vballfan

this was in the Local Cabot paper

By RAY BENTON
Leader sports editor

CONWAY – The Lady Panther volleyball team overcame a series of bad calls to force a game five, and rallied from a sizeable deficit to take the tiebreaker game to extra points.

In the end, though, Rogers Heritage got back-to-back kills by Elleson Dunigan for game, set and match and advance to the second round of the Class 7A state tournament.

Scores for Heritage High were 25-20, 23-25, 25-13, 23-25 and 16-14.

Cabot (12-12) was called for double-hits 12 times on sets, and four line calls were highly questionable. After game three, Cabot coach Kham Chanthaphasouk tried to get the up-referee's attention but was ignored. So he appealed to Nick Lasker, who was in the stands. Lasker is the associate executive director of the Arkansas High School Activities Association, and rules interpreter and head of officials for volleyball.

"I tried to talk to them and they wouldn't even talk to me," said Chanthaphasouk. "So I went and asked Nick if there's a procedure to get an official removed. He went and talked to them but I don't know what was said. I just know that it was not called evenly. All the double hits just weren't right. Just because it spins doesn't mean it's two hits. It just was so one-sided and it was affecting my players."

AllStarSportsFan

moe99expedition

Day 2 Predictions:

Har-Ber over Conway- 4 sets

Bentonville over Rogers- Heritage- 4 sets

Southside over North Littlerock- 5 sets

Fayetteville over Bryant- 3 seta

Vballfan

Quote from: moe99expedition on October 28, 2015, 08:22:21 am
Day 2 Predictions:

Har-Ber over Conway- 4 sets

Bentonville over Rogers- Heritage- 4 sets

Southside over North Littlerock- 5 sets

Fayetteville over Bryant- 3 seta

I'll go with these since you were 100% on day one picks including set counts

unfaceable

Round 2 picks:

Har-Ber over Conway in 5.

Bentonville over Heritage in 3.

Southside over NLR in 4.

Fayetteville over Bryant in 3.

moe99expedition

Heritage looked really good yesterday in that controversial win.

Vballfan

October 28, 2015, 12:33:04 pm #14 Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 12:50:53 pm by Vballfan
Quote from: moe99expedition on October 28, 2015, 12:10:08 pm
Heritage looked really good yesterday in that controversial win.

I was impressed with the speed of the set to #13 and the frequency.  Don't know how many times they set her, but it was an absolute ton and the setter was pretty good and delivered a consistent hittable ball where the hitter could go with a fast approach!  Contrast that with the high, super slow sets that Cabot employs and (doubles) and honestly I was surprised it was as close as it was controversial calls aside.  The better team still won IMO.

Cabot graduates 6 seniors that all played their last match but returns 4 players next year ( Outside, Right Side and the Liber) as well as a setter)  They have enough pieces returning that if they can develop players to fill the holes in the off season and figure out how to run a faster offense like Heritage does -  they could be decent again next year.

moe99expedition

Day 2:

Har-Ber over Conway- 5 sets

unfaceable

Round 3 Picks:

Bentonville over Har-Ber in 4.

Fayetteville over Southside in 3.

moe99expedition

I will agree with those same predictions.

moe99expedition

Bentonville losing to Har-ber was the surprise of the 7A tournament. I was thinking that Bentonville might stumble on the way to the championship. Fayetteville almost loss to Southside. Fayetteville will need the Super Sophomores plus to take home that 7A State Championship tomorrow.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas