• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Top 5 next year

Started by BigMan15, May 15, 2015, 02:21:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BigMan15

Lets hear some thoughts on top 5 for next year

Longfellow

1. ECS
2. Two Rivers
3. Valley Springs
4. Cedar Ridge
5. Paris/Charleston/Jessieville

bobcats

1.  ECS
2.  CR
3-5,  take you pick from Marshall, VS, Jville, TR and whatever south ark has up and coming for next season.  Also I would not count out Osceola and Manila from the east.

WPWells

bobcats

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on May 15, 2015, 03:00:39 pm
Marshall 😂😂

If TR is the best from the 4, Marshall would win that conference.

Truthfully

Seems like this is the same thread as the one immediately before this. Are you talking about the top 5 in 4-3A only?  If for all of 3A, I think the quotes from FF posters on the other thread answer the question you post.   ???

WPWells

TR was a state quarterfinalist who returns 3 starters plus a possible move-ins. Marshall played in the weakest region and didn't make the state tournament. Good try

BigMan15

1. ECS
2. Cedar Ridge
3. Jesseville
4. Two Rivers
5. Charleston/Valley

WPWells

Curious about why Cedar Ridge is still thought of so highly. Also, who is Jessieville returning?

bobcats

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on May 15, 2015, 03:13:59 pm
TR was a state quarterfinalist who returns 3 starters plus a possible move-ins. Marshall played in the weakest region and didn't make the state tournament. Good try

Everyone knows the weakest region is region 1.  Get with reality.  If all you have to do to make state is beat Cedarville, Haas Hall, Lavaca and a weak West Fork team you should make state.  Who would you rather play a 4 seed Haas Hall or a 4 seed Osceola with a trip to state on the line?

BigMan15

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on May 15, 2015, 03:39:16 pm
Curious about why Cedar Ridge is still thought of so highly. Also, who is Jessieville returning?
Cedar because of crabtree and reeves..and jesseville returns their best scorer and also some good peices around him

bobcats

Reaves and Crabtree.  Jessieville lost their big post, but I hear they are getting a guard back who didn't play last year.  He took the year off to prepare for the U.S. Nationals Rugby team.

WPWells

Marshall this year is like Flippin last year. A bunch of talk that will lose by 30 when they actually play a decent team

By the way, region 4 is significantly weaker than region 1

Moonshiner

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on May 15, 2015, 03:52:45 pm
Marshall this year is like Flippin last year. A bunch of talk that will lose by 30 when they actually play a decent team

By the way, region 4 is significantly weaker than region 1

Wow.  I'm not a Flippin fan, but they did lose to the eventual State Champions. Their best guard was hobbled with a bad injury we shouldn't forget.  Episcopal thumped Charleston too.  Not by 30 but 16 isn't exactly a nail biter.
Your team barely beat Valley Springs (from the benefit of a controversial call) who was from the region you claim is so weak.  Not sure why you're hating on that conference.

WPWells

Read the rest of the thread. I think it's clear why I'm hating on that conference

Moonshiner

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on May 15, 2015, 04:27:07 pm
Read the rest of the thread. I think it's clear why I'm hating on that conference

I read it before I posted. I agree that Marshall has to prove it, but why bring Flippin into it?  Flippin was pretty solid.  Nobody competed with Episcopal.

Longfellow

I want to know the basis of this Marshall over TR argument. Is there any specific reason, or do you just lack any basketball knowledge?

WPWells

I shouldn't have brought Flippin into it. I just heard all year last year that they were supposed to compete with ECS, and then they lost to them by 30. I was just saying that they may be overhyped

Eagle20

You obviously haven't seen Cedar Ridge.  They were probably a better team than Mayflower who beat them in the 1st round of regionals and went to the finals.  Cedar Ridge could have made the finals without the foul trouble in that game!  Reaves and Robinson from ECS are the best two players in 3A.  Crabtree would be a top 10 player in 3A

WPWells

If they were a better team then they would have beaten them

Moonshiner

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on May 15, 2015, 07:20:45 pm
If they were a better team then they would have beaten them

12th man, I assume someone has got you fired up.  Your arguments are usually well thought out and for a younger person you really make a lot of sense.  But....you know the better team doesn't always win.  Didn't you guys lose to either Scranton or County Line this past year?  They were both good class A teams but I don't think you're going to say that whichever one beat you was the better team. 

BigMan15

I think 12th man is just saying how is Marshall who finished third or so in their conference in the top 5 then also saying that they would win our conference this year..which I agree with 12th I think Two Rivers Paris and Charleston will make for the biggest competition..Polly the toughest conference by far..

WPWells

Moonshiner, I'm just saying I've heard Cedar Ridge's "woulda, shoulda, coulda" for the past year. I heard all last year how they were so wonderful after winning a couple 2A state championships. I'm just saying that they have proven NOTHING in 3A yet. To get respect, you have to earn it. Cedar Ridge has won 0 state tournament games in the 3A. No more excuses. Until they do something to earn my respect, I will not rank them ahead of teams like Two Rivers (who won a state tournament game last year)

Moonshiner

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on May 15, 2015, 11:18:26 pm
Moonshiner, I'm just saying I've heard Cedar Ridge's "woulda, shoulda, coulda" for the past year. I heard all last year how they were so wonderful after winning a couple 2A state championships. I'm just saying that they have proven NOTHING in 3A yet. To get respect, you have to earn it. Cedar Ridge has won 0 state tournament games in the 3A. No more excuses. Until they do something to earn my respect, I will not rank them ahead of teams like Two Rivers (who won a state tournament game last year)

Point made.  Personal opinion for me is that usually there isn't much difference in 2A vs 3A.  For that matter I would love to have seen a game between Class A champion Bay University and Episcopal Collegiate. Cedar Ridge won back to back 2A titles so I think they get some street cred for that, but you're right.  They didn't even make it to the state tournament their first year in 3A.
Just don't ignore their body of work. 

HeadTiger

Quote from: bobcats on May 15, 2015, 02:57:46 pm
1.  ECS
2.  CR
3-5,  take you pick from Marshall, VS, Jville, TR and whatever south ark has up and coming for next season.  Also I would not count out Osceola and Manila from the east.

Bobcats, you have been saying Marshall is a top 5-10 team for a few seasons now. They have yet to make the state tournament, and have only made regionals once...

Basketballfan13

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on May 15, 2015, 11:18:26 pm
Cedar Ridge was very talented this year, but they didn't win the games when it counted. I had the chance to watch CR, Charleston, Paris, and two rivers (each multiple times). All good teams but I thought charleston and CR were a little bit better than the other two this year. Any of the 4 could win against the other 3 on any night. As far as CR stepping into 3A and proving to be a top contender...everyone should have expected it to be a year with ups and downs. They lost two great players who are both playing college ball right now. Reeves was among the best players in any classifications last year in the state and you don't lose all of that and dominate when you move up a classification.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas