• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Valley vs. Charleston

Started by WPWells, March 08, 2015, 12:28:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HawgBall06

Quote from: Radiotalker on March 09, 2015, 11:18:01 am
Quote from: HeadTiger on March 08, 2015, 10:49:57 pm
http://s300.photobucket.com/user/headtiger1/media/IMG_0912_zpsvpbjiiel.png.html

Had to post this to get some comments. Foul or no foul?

Let me guess, the official that made the call (right or wrong) was standing at half court.

No, he was right under the goal.

Head Lion

He was a friend of the Charleston coach😂😂😂

cdelaney

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on March 08, 2015, 10:54:09 pm
That picture doesn't show the Valley player hitting Ward on the follow through like an actual video of the play does
Yeah it's hard to judge a foul call on one picture, but would be unusual to call a foul on the follow through on that type of shot, especially with the defender coming from behind- usually see that on jump shots when defender is moving toward shooter.
If there were close to 50 fouls called, sounds like it was a different crew than the one calling the ECS-Flippin game. They were not calling chippy fouls. I thought they were great, let the game get some flow. Not sure the Flippin fans would agree of course.

HeadTiger

Quote from: HawgBall06 on March 09, 2015, 11:22:03 am

Let me guess, the official that made the call (right or wrong) was standing at half court.

From my understanding it was the official at half court.

shady11954

there is head lion crying again he couldn't control the refs at state

Grover42

Quote from: HawgBall06 on March 09, 2015, 01:37:39 am
This was an incredible game.  Matthew Ward has not had a great tourney, but he really came up big when it counted and carried Charleston to the victory.  The 3 pointer to tie the game at the end of regulation was a great shot as he was well covered and 5-6 behind the line.  As far as fouling, I think the shot was taken with 7-8 seconds left so it seemed a little too early to foul IMO.  Valley had plenty of time to take the ball out, inbounds it, take it up the court and got a pretty good shot of their own, just didn't hit it.  In overtime Valley had 3 players in position to rebound the missed shot, but Ward just wanted it more.  He took it from them and hit the shot with 4.4 to I believe.  The foul call was very questionable, but you just can't leave the game in question to the officials because it is a tough job for them, however the official was in a great position to see the play and it called it, so that is that. 

As far as the fan sitting behind the radio guy.  That turned into a little bit of an embarrassment for some of the Charleston fans.  The Valley girls had played in the first game of the day and that man & his wife were there early for that game.  Valley was the home team in that game so they had picked their seats because it was the home side of the gym.  They cheered for their girls with no problems even though their were several Perryville fans within 10-15 feet of them.  They stayed all day and watched the other 4 midday games and were still in the same spot for the last game, Valley/Charleston boys game.  Early in the game some of the Charleston fans told them they ought to move, but they stayed their anyway.  They kept cheering for their team and everything was fine until Valley started coming from behind and finally took the lead, then some of the Charleston fans including the radio announcer became angry that their was a Valley fan among them, so then a couple of them took it upon their selves to go over to the man & his wife (both looked to be over 60, maybe even 70) and start cussing them & trying to pick a fight with them.  1 of the people was even a Charleston school official.  Finally the police had to be called to move those fans away, actually they took off when they saw the sheriff's deputies head their way.  Several of the neutral fans around the area pointed out the Charleston fans for the police and they just stayed in the area and made sure that the Charleston problem some fans did not return.  I want to say very clearly that we are only talking about 2 or 3 people.  By far the majority of the Charleston fans were just cheering for their team & hoping for a win.  It is terrible when 1 or 2 folks cloud the view of an entire fanbase. 

I think Charleston can matchup with ECS's size about as well as anyone in 3A and if Matthew Ward can breakout of his shooting funk later today, then I expect a great game.
I wasn't there and I've only had the displeasure of playing against charleston and that was last year at charleston. I am a school board member and I was appalled at principle storey and the whole charleston fan base. They are socially unfriendly and unfortunately they continue to teach the younger generations on how not to play within the friendly competitiveness the game should be played with. A complete embarrassment to aaa sports and I pray they never get regionals or state tourney again.

WPWells

Sounds like someone had a bad hot dog

Head Lion

Quote from: shady11954 on March 09, 2015, 09:07:10 pm
Only Valley fans can take whining to a whole new level! 8)

HeadTiger

Quote from: Head Lion on March 10, 2015, 09:44:16 am
Quote from: shady11954 on March 09, 2015, 09:07:10 pm
Only Valley fans can take whining to a whole new level! 8)

Only? 😂

Head Lion

You are Head Tiger, probably not.

Head Lion

HawgBall06

Quote from: HeadTiger on March 09, 2015, 12:14:35 pm
Quote from: HawgBall06 on March 09, 2015, 11:22:03 am

From my understanding it was the official at half court.

No, I was the clock keeper / announcer for that game and I know the official that made that call.  Like I said earlier, I did not see the foul from my angle, but the official was in perfect position under the goal, so I am assuming he saw what he felt was a foul underneath.

HawgBall06

Quote from: Grover42 on March 09, 2015, 09:59:32 pm
Quote from: HawgBall06 on March 09, 2015, 01:37:39 am
This was an incredible game.  Matthew Ward has not had a great tourney, but he really came up big when it counted and carried Charleston to the victory.  The 3 pointer to tie the game at the end of regulation was a great shot as he was well covered and 5-6 behind the line.  As far as fouling, I think the shot was taken with 7-8 seconds left so it seemed a little too early to foul IMO.  Valley had plenty of time to take the ball out, inbounds it, take it up the court and got a pretty good shot of their own, just didn't hit it.  In overtime Valley had 3 players in position to rebound the missed shot, but Ward just wanted it more.  He took it from them and hit the shot with 4.4 to I believe.  The foul call was very questionable, but you just can't leave the game in question to the officials because it is a tough job for them, however the official was in a great position to see the play and it called it, so that is that. 

As far as the fan sitting behind the radio guy.  That turned into a little bit of an embarrassment for some of the Charleston fans.  The Valley girls had played in the first game of the day and that man & his wife were there early for that game.  Valley was the home team in that game so they had picked their seats because it was the home side of the gym.  They cheered for their girls with no problems even though their were several Perryville fans within 10-15 feet of them.  They stayed all day and watched the other 4 midday games and were still in the same spot for the last game, Valley/Charleston boys game.  Early in the game some of the Charleston fans told them they ought to move, but they stayed their anyway.  They kept cheering for their team and everything was fine until Valley started coming from behind and finally took the lead, then some of the Charleston fans including the radio announcer became angry that their was a Valley fan among them, so then a couple of them took it upon their selves to go over to the man & his wife (both looked to be over 60, maybe even 70) and start cussing them & trying to pick a fight with them.  1 of the people was even a Charleston school official.  Finally the police had to be called to move those fans away, actually they took off when they saw the sheriff's deputies head their way.  Several of the neutral fans around the area pointed out the Charleston fans for the police and they just stayed in the area and made sure that the Charleston problem some fans did not return.  I want to say very clearly that we are only talking about 2 or 3 people.  By far the majority of the Charleston fans were just cheering for their team & hoping for a win.  It is terrible when 1 or 2 folks cloud the view of an entire fanbase. 

I think Charleston can matchup with ECS's size about as well as anyone in 3A and if Matthew Ward can breakout of his shooting funk later today, then I expect a great game.
I wasn't there and I've only had the displeasure of playing against charleston and that was last year at charleston. I am a school board member and I was appalled at principle storey and the whole charleston fan base. They are socially unfriendly and unfortunately they continue to teach the younger generations on how not to play within the friendly competitiveness the game should be played with. A complete embarrassment to aaa sports and I pray they never get regionals or state tourney again.

This was our first contact ever with Charleston and for the most part their fanbase was just fine, I spent some time talking to the 2 Ward boys & their father and they were very appreciative & complimentary of everything Cossatot River had done for the tourney.  However I didn't mention principle Storey by name, but yes Charleston has a real problem with those fans that went after fans from Valley.

smallybells

I had no idea when you paid your $5 or whatever to go watch a HS basketball game that there assigned seating  ;D

HawgBall06

Quote from: smallybells on March 10, 2015, 01:05:08 pm
I had no idea when you paid your $5 or whatever to go watch a HS basketball game that there assigned seating  ;D

I am not sure what your point is.  It is $6 to get in and there is not assigned seating, however profanity and threatening to kick the butt of others fans are prohibited.  If the Charleston fans in question feel that their actions were fine, then why did they run off to other parts of the gym when the police showed up, they could have just stayed and explained their actions to the police.  I am sure the officers would have understood.   ;D

smallybells

Quote from: HawgBall06 on March 10, 2015, 01:22:29 pm
Quote from: smallybells on March 10, 2015, 01:05:08 pm

I am not sure what your point is.  It is $6 to get in and there is not assigned seating, however profanity and threatening to kick the butt of others fans are prohibited.  If the Charleston fans in question feel that their actions were fine, then why did they run off to other parts of the gym when the police showed up, they could have just stayed and explained their actions to the police.  I am sure the officers would have understood.   ;D

It was sarcasm......I generally sit in the least crowded spot I can find when I go, home, visitor, whatever, and if that happened to me the police should go ahead and come over because they are going to be needed. So in short, if that happened, I find it quite ridiculous.

fbisgreat

I have been to a lot of Charleston BB games over the years but the last 5 years there has been 3 or 4 dads kicked out of games.Had to leave the gym it's not everyone it's just a view that gives the whole town a bad name.

WPWells

Why exactly are we bashing Charleston again?

Moonshiner

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on March 10, 2015, 04:43:44 pm
Why exactly are we bashing Charleston again?

I think they are going after some of your fans, not all of your fans.  And I guess your administration as well.  I did speak with someone that saw this incident take place.  The older couple were in their 70s and had sat in the same seats all day long.  They were cussed out pretty good and threatened.  Every town has idiots.  Valley does too. Just a little surprised someone from Chucktown didn't intervene and help the elderly couple.  Bad situation that unfortunately gives your fan base a black eye.

urban legend2

I actually saw the commotion going on but didn't know what was going on. Charleston does have passionate fans, much like every other school. I did see a Charleston fan (assuming a dad) stand behind me and literally dress down the clock operator and an official at the same time. It was actually funny but a sheriff was called over and basically told him he'd have to leave if he didn't tone down his conduct. It was real tense during the game, really tense...made for an even better atmosphere.

drybones

Poor radio announcer plus A few bad fans(not all) equals a bad reputation.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas