• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3A STATE TOURNAMENT BRACKET

Started by Brian G, March 01, 2015, 12:26:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian G

Brian G

I'd like to use this thread for local info (like places to eat) as well as overall chatter about the games.

Scores will be on a separate thread each day.  Feel free to start other topics but lets try to gather here for one stop shopping.

urban legend2

Anyone know anything about the area, gym, etc.?

HawgBall06

Quote from: urban legend2 on March 02, 2015, 09:42:34 am

Cossatot River High School is located 22 miles south of Mena on Hwy 71 and 27 miles north of DeQueen.  There is quiet a bit of lodging located in/around Mena as they host several tourist events each year, DeQueen has some rooms just not as many.  There are Wal-Marts & chain restaurants in both Mena & DeQueen. 

The high school & the gym both opened last year.  The gym has bench seating on the visitors side and flip-back seating on the home side.

What else do you want to know?

@CurryLegion

Quote from: HawgBall06 on March 02, 2015, 12:52:30 pm

Cossatot River High School is located 22 miles south of Mena on Hwy 71 and 27 miles north of DeQueen.  There is quiet a bit of lodging located in/around Mena as they host several tourist events each year, DeQueen has some rooms just not as many.  There are Wal-Marts & chain restaurants in both Mena & DeQueen. 

The high school & the gym both opened last year.  The gym has bench seating on the visitors side and flip-back seating on the home side.

Is there cell phone service for ATT or Verizon? Also, is there wifi that will be accessible?

HawgBall06

Quote from: bocatfanforlife on March 02, 2015, 01:00:36 pm

Is there cell phone service for ATT or Verizon? Also, is there wifi that will be accessible?

Verizon has much better service in the area around the high school, but AT&T is better in Mena & DeQueen.  As far as wifi at the gym, I believe only the media members will be given the password, in Mena & DeQueen it varies depending on where you are staying.

@CurryLegion

How many people does the gym seat? I've seen some film and it doesn't look like much.

HawgBall06

Quote from: bocatfanforlife on March 02, 2015, 02:03:35 pm

How many people does the gym seat? I've seen some film and it doesn't look like much.

I can't remember the exact number, but it is over 1,800 (maybe 1,836)

@CurryLegion

Quote from: HawgBall06 on March 02, 2015, 02:23:50 pm
Quote from: bocatfanforlife on March 02, 2015, 02:03:35 pm

I can't remember the exact number, but it is over 1,800 (maybe 1,836)
Really? That surprises me.

Ponca

Gonna take a stab at this...

BOYS

1ST ROUND
McGehee
Mayflower
Manila
Harmony Grove
EPC
Cossatat
Jessieville
Fordyce

2ND ROUND
McGehee
Harmony Grove
EPC
Jessieville

SEMIS
McGehee
EPC

FINAL
EPC

GIRLS

1ST ROUND
Fordyce
Paris
Valley Springs
Perryville
Harding
Genoa Central
Greenland
Bergman

2ND ROUND
Paris
Valley Springs
Harding
Greenland

SEMIS
Valley Springs
Greenland

FINAL
Greenland

WPWells

cdelaney

WPWells

Jessieville won't beat Charleston if they aren't healthy

jr17

Haven't seen charleston so I can't really say. But have seen jessieville multiple times and multiple times they have suprised me. Don't underestimate them.

BigMan15

Rivercrest
Mayflower
Manilla
BHG
paris
Cossatat
Charleston
Valley

Mayflower
BHG
Paris
Valley

BHG
Valley

BHG

JUST FOR FUN..most likely ill take ECS vs BHG in the finals

WPWells

I ended up with Charleston-Lamar in the finals. I figure more than likely it'll be ECS-Charleston and Lamar-BHG in the semis

BigMan15

I think alot of first round games could be interesting..btw is the games on the radio.

WPWells

Charleston games are on KDYN. Livestream online search for "KDYN 92.7"

neds

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on March 03, 2015, 07:44:03 am
I ended up with Charleston-Lamar in the finals. I figure more than likely it'll be ECS-Charleston and Lamar-BHG in the semis

I'm surprised you had Charleston in the finals

WPWells

KOJACK

Do they have indoor plumbing?

smallybells

1)ECS
   Everyone else

2)ECS
   Everyone who is left

3) ECS
    Someone who hasn't had to play ECS in the tournament

4) ECS  ;)

cdelaney

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on March 03, 2015, 07:44:03 am
Best chance to knock out ECS is today. If they put together a good game today and beat Paris, I don't see them losing. And I would probably pick Mayflower over Lamar.

Longfellow

I think Lamar gets Mayflower the second time around. If McCarley plays as good as he has against Charleston, they could make the semifinals, and even the finals

Clara Allen

The regional final last night was one hard fought battle, Charleston just had a little more in the tank than we did, but what a game!  I hope you are right, Longfellow, and Daniel plays as well as he is capable of, and the rest of our boys rise up.  The thing that has been out goat all season is when we get away from team ball.  When all of the guys are clicking, we are pretty salty.  When we played Mayflower, it was Senior Night and all that goes with it.  We fell apart and couldn't stop their #3.  Hopefully, they will find a way to at least slow him down!   Good Luck to all the 4-3A teams in both brackets.  The Lady Warriors-Perryville game should be a dandy.  Wish I could go, but teachers sometimes need to be at the schoolhouse!!!

cwilson250733

Is there going to be a place to watch the tournament online? Or does the AAA not allow it?

Bergman1820

Quote from: cwilson250733 on March 03, 2015, 11:16:49 am
Is there going to be a place to watch the tournament online? Or does the AAA not allow it?

Probably costs to much money.

jr17

Mayflower has beaten BHG twice this year. I'm saying mayflower beats lamar again. And I see a 3A-2 state championship game between mayflower-ECS

WPWells

I'll be score watching all day and tweeting out my thoughts on Twitter @Wesley_Wells23

cdelaney

Quote from: jr17 on March 03, 2015, 12:05:27 pm
Mayflower has beaten BHG twice this year. I'm saying mayflower beats lamar again. And I see a 3A-2 state championship game between mayflower-ECS
It may be a matchup thing, but BHG has played ECS their 2 toughest games this year, and you know how the ECSvs Mayflower games have gone, so I don't see Mayflower beating BHG if they make it that far. But maybe there's some reason BHG has trouble with the Eagles.

Jimbo Morphis

if you keep predicting mayflower to play in state championship games in every sport one of these days you may be right.

jr17

March 03, 2015, 01:05:52 pm #31 Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 01:08:38 pm by jr17
Had to smile at that one. I don't think I said that in football this year. The only times I have said it have been this year, and the past to years in baseball, which would not have been surprising to anyone.

smallybells

Quote from: Oldman on March 03, 2015, 01:03:13 pm
if you keep predicting mayflower to play in state championship games in every sport one of these days you may be right.

that theory never works for me unfortunately  ;D , but i do agree with 50% of jr's prediction, baby steps..

bulldog42

May be a sweep for the region 3 girls.  #4 Rivercrest knocked off #1 Fordyce.

ISU7

Quote from: bulldog42 on March 03, 2015, 02:43:41 pm
Yes Sirrrrrr..Go Lady Colts.. Go Region 3 8)

Head Lion

Quote from: ISU7 on March 03, 2015, 02:51:33 pm
wtg Lady Colts!

ISU7

Quote from: Ponca on March 02, 2015, 10:47:58 pm
Gonna take a stab at this...

BOYS

1ST ROUND
McGehee
Mayflower
Manila
Harmony Grove
EPC
Cossatat
Jessieville
Fordyce

2ND ROUND
McGehee
Harmony Grove
EPC
Jessieville

SEMIS
McGehee
EPC

FINAL
EPC

GIRLS

1ST ROUND
Fordyce--------------------RiverCrest Wins!!!!! ;D 8)
Paris
Valley Springs
Perryville
Harding
Genoa Central
Greenland
Bergman

2ND ROUND
Paris
Valley Springs
Harding
Greenland

SEMIS
Valley Springs
Greenland

FINAL
Greenland
You have one stab wound already..Way to go Lady Colts!!!! :) 8) 8)

Radiotalker

Judy Watson is one of the most underrated coaches in the state. Lose 7 seniors and still have the Lady Colts right there.

ISU7

Quote from: Radiotalker on March 03, 2015, 03:15:05 pm

Judy Watson is one of the most underrated coaches in the state. Lose 7 seniors and still have the Lady Colts right there.
agree

@CurryLegion

And boys.. I'm pretty sure somebody told me McGehee would take Rivercrest to school? Ha. 2 down 6 to go for Region 3.

BigMan15

Quote from: BigMan15 on March 03, 2015, 07:42:48 am
Rivercrest
Mayflower
Manilla
BHG
paris
Cossatat
Charleston
Valley

Mayflower
BHG
Paris
Valley

BHG
Valley

BHG

Theres one right..who else had that game.

Radiotalker

Quote from: BigMan15 on March 03, 2015, 04:47:40 pm
Rivercrest
Mayflower
Manilla
BHG
paris
Cossatat
Charleston
Valley

Mayflower
BHG
Paris
Valley

BHG
Valley

BHG

You picked the Colts and had them ranked in the bottom? lol   I didn't, but I'm not surprised. Rivercrest was regular season champs and well rested for this game.

WPWells

yellowjackethooper

Puney Region 3 that nobody had any respect for off to a good start...

WPWells

I picked 3/4 region 3 teams to win in the first round. I knew 4 was weak

GreyColt

Quote from: yellowjackethooper on March 03, 2015, 04:53:13 pm
Puney Region 3 that nobody had any respect for off to a good start...
we play much better when we get away from Manila.. 😃

Head Lion

ISU7

Quote from: Radiotalker on March 03, 2015, 04:51:51 pm
Rivercrest
Mayflower
Manilla
BHG
paris
Cossatat
Charleston
Valley

Mayflower
BHG
Paris
Valley

BHG
Valley

BHG

You picked the Colts and had them ranked in the bottom? lol   I didn't, but I'm not surprised. Rivercrest was regular season champs and well rested for this game.
RC played Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. So tell me how were they well rest. You gave them no chance on another thread. Wtg Colts! !

Radiotalker

Quote from: ISU7 on March 03, 2015, 05:24:34 pm
Rivercrest
Mayflower
Manilla
BHG
paris
Cossatat
Charleston
Valley

Mayflower
BHG
Paris
Valley

BHG
Valley

BHG

RC played Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. So tell me how were they well rest. You gave them no chance on another thread. Wtg Colts! !

No chance?....you better go back a read again. Yes, compared to McGehee they were well rested.

ISU7

Quote from: Radiotalker on March 03, 2015, 05:33:11 pm
Quote from: ISU7 on March 03, 2015, 05:24:34 pm
Rivercrest
Mayflower
Manilla
BHG
paris
Cossatat
Charleston
Valley

Mayflower
BHG
Paris
Valley

BHG
Valley

BHG

No chance?....you better go back a read again. Yes, compared to McGehee they were well rested.
Even when the Colts win someone from another school will make an excuse for them winning 😄😃😃 Too funny.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas