• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Shiloh Forfeits 10 Victories

Started by Quite Frankly, October 04, 2008, 06:01:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Quite Frankly

Yet another in the history of uncertified coaches at Shiloh Christian. 

According to an article in todays ARDEM, their coach was unaware of the AAA rules for coaches.

Ummmmmmmmmm  No Athletic Director I guess that would know either.

B&GT

Chosen 1

Welcome to Shiloh Christian Academy. Honesty and Integrity Winning is our policy

stattracker

Quote from: Chosen 1 on October 09, 2008, 11:25:09 am
Welcome to Shiloh Christian Academy. Honesty and Integrity Winning is our policy
That's not a bad policy as you don't cheat to do it.

Chosen 1

A wise man once said: "Its only cheating if you get caught"

OsnesforHC

B&GT

OsnesforHC

sounds like something from Wild Bill.  Oh well

Chosen 1

I wouldn't doubt that Slick Willy used it a couple of times

AAAspectator

Honesty and Integrity is in the fact she self-reported herself knowing it would cost her team a conference title. Cowardly and jealous is bashing that lady on a website behind screennames because of where she works.

Quite Frankly

Honesty and integrity would be to know the rules from day one.  As a coach, teacher, athletic director and school superintendent it's important you follow rules in an authoritative position.  You expect from the players, so why not the staff? 

Those were not new rules.  In fact, they(Shiloh) had an ex-coach for several years that left there for a cross town school that discovered the very same thing only last year.

I guess it comes down to if you think it's important enough to want to know the rules.  They had another boys coach cost them forfeits for virtually the same thing in 2003.

AAAspectator

Quote from: QF© on October 11, 2008, 03:07:04 pm
Honesty and integrity would be to know the rules from day one.
That would be a lack of knowledge. Blame the AD, but this lady could have hidden this and taken care of it in the summer. She chose to do the right thing where most coaches at any school could have waited.   
Quote from: QF© on October 11, 2008, 03:07:04 pm
I guess it comes down to if you think it's important enough to want to know the rules.
That's where the AD is to blame.

Quite Frankly

She's an adult.  She's in a supervisory role.  She's a professional.  She has a responsibility to know what it took to legally be a head coach.  You expect nothing less from the players.  She might have done the right thing once she knew(and I don't doubt that), but you can't excuse not being properly certified at that stage of the season.  It's inexcusable.

Chosen 1

Just because she admitted her guilt sooner rather than later, does not pardon her.

BB9

Man you guys really do hate Shiloh don't you?

Quite Frankly

I hate cheaters.  You decide for yourself if that applies here.

Chosen 1

Quote from: BB9 on October 14, 2008, 08:39:37 pm
Man you guys really do hate Shiloh don't you?
I show animosity towards rule-breakers as well

BB9

I do not really know if it would be called cheating or not. Did the coach get to play in the games? Do they get to play inthe district tournament?  If so it would not be considered cheating.

IF they get to play in the district tournament.  Forfeiting the games will not really matter.  They will just have not get the bye for the top seed.  I do not think anyone will beat them in district.  Anyone know what their record is?

Quite Frankly

Quote from: BB9 on October 14, 2008, 09:02:28 pm
I do not really know if it would be called cheating or not. Did the coach get to play in the games? Do they get to play inthe district tournament?  If so it would not be considered cheating.

IF they get to play in the district tournament.  Forfeiting the games will not really matter.  They will just have not get the bye for the top seed.  I do not think anyone will beat them in district.  Anyone know what their record is?
You might be under the impression that you made some sort of argument with that post.

But you'd be wrong.

BB9

Not trying to argue.  It does not matter to me one way or the other.  I was just asking if they are any good.  Have not seen themplay volleyball.  It is not one of the sports I am interested in.

Quite Frankly

IF they forfeited 10 conference wins, I think that it would answer itself.

anotherpantherfan

AAAspectator

word around town is that someone had to be the sacrifice but it wasn't going to be.......

neafbfan

Quote from: Chosen 1 on October 09, 2008, 11:46:56 am
A wise man once said: "Its only cheating if you get caught"

Dick Nixon or Dick Cheney more like it. Take your pick on which Dick?

anotherpantherfan

I still don't understand why they forfited the games what happened how did they cheat or whatever

s-dalebulldogs86

No they didn't cheat, it came down to some stupid little certification test that the coach was supposed to do, but somehow forgot to do for like the last 4 years. Dumb huh!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas