• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

7A Central Standings

Started by Quite Frankly, September 30, 2008, 04:43:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Quite Frankly

September 30, 2008, 04:43:55 pm Last Edit: September 30, 2008, 09:06:26 pm by QF©
Conway          6-1
Mt St. Mary     6-1
Russellville       5-2
Cabot             4-3
Van Buren       3-4
Central           2-5
Bryant            1-6
North L Rock    1-6

That's after one complete round robin.   

Note:  I've been told that there is some doubt about those standings.  Will try to get it corrected.  In particular VB apparently only had 2 wins.  But the w/l balances so right now I don't know who has another win.

Those standings came out of the ARDEM Gaz today.

QF

Valleysports

Well somehow Russellville finally got by Cabot last night. So we should be 6-2.  MSM and Conway should've played their 2nd round this week.  Work-Hard see you in Van Buren tomorrow?

Valleysports

Van Buren has got to have the nicest facility in the state! Wow!

Russellville and Van Buren were evenly matched last night, with all the sets coming down to, who was going to tag 25 first.  Russellville barely slipped out with the win in the 4th set.

Work-Hard, did ya'll ever play at Cabot?  You've got to tell us how that goes.  Cabot played at Russellville last week and just freaked over the officiating.  Cabots officials really do them an injustice.

work-hard play-harder

Quote from: Valleysports on October 03, 2008, 08:58:00 am

Work-Hard, did ya'll ever play at Cabot?  You've got to tell us how that goes.  Cabot played at Russellville last week and just freaked over the officiating.  Cabots officials really do them an injustice.

We were swept at Cabot.  We played poorly after the 3-hour 90-degree bus ride.  "In" or "Out" was about the only call made --and a JV player from each team made those calls.  The lack of officiating probably changed the game but not the result

stattracker

Bryant beat Central the other night giving them 2 wins. They lost to Mount last night in 5.

Valleysports

I have been told by a mom who knows a mom, that Conway beat MSM and Cabot this week. 
That would mean - 
Conway only lost the 1 game to Russellville. 
MSM lost the 2 games to Conway.
Russellville lost 2 games, 1 Cabot and 1 MSM.

Conway plays Russellville again Tues at Conway.  Could change the change the top 3 or solidify it.

Valleysports

Conway dropped Russellville in 3 games - I Quit  >:(

Stat, I'll be at the Cyclone Football Field filming the Jr High Football Game tonight, while Bryant is playing Russellville in the Gym.  Got to watch something that makes sense!  Enough of these girl players and women coach's.  ;D

stattracker

I think your making the right choice. You won't miss much in the gym. R'ville should take it in 3.

Valleysports

Bryant beat Russellville in the 2nd game.  And two of the other games were close, my sources tell me.  I'm telling you, every year, the Cyclones (as well as the parents) get tired of Volleyball in the last half of the season. 

Can't believe I didn't get some response on that Women Coach's Comment.  QC did you miss that?

Be back at Cyclone Stadium watching Byrant & Russellville tonight Stat - no girls allowed on the field or sidelines.

stattracker

so, did Bryant win the match or just the 2nd set?

Valleysports

Just the 2nd Set, Russellville won the match 3-1.
I am told that Bryant has improved considerably, just some inconsistancy there.  Maybe a strong finish this year, will help next year's team.

stattracker

Bryant falls to Conway in 3. The first 2 sets were pretty good, but the 3rd set was probably the worst display of V-Ball I have seen since I played Backyard BBQ style.

Conway has a great setter. She moves the ball around the court well and their Right Outside hitter (#?) was good. She hit the ball well.

Bryant does have some talent coming up, so we'll see if it gets better.

Valleysports

Russellville beat NLR 3-0 tonight.
Russellville has 2 sophmores and the talented 9th grade girls say they're playing basketball next year.

Valleysports

Russellville took Central in 3-0 tonight.
I don't know for sure, but I'd guess the standings are.
Conway         
Mt St. Mary     
Russellville       
Cabot
Van Buren       
Central           
Bryant
North L Rock 

Valleysports

Well Russellville's coach took the handcuffs off and let the Cyclones finally come out swinging!  By far the best game they've played this year.  Just don't understand why it took until the last game - - alright I'll let it go!  >:(

Cyclones took MSM out 3-1.

Valleysports

October 21, 2008, 10:15:09 pm #15 Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 11:55:05 pm by Valleysports
I think -

Conway is 13-1 (losing only to Russellville)
MSM is 11-3 (loses twice to Conway, 1 to Russellville 1-3)
Russellville 11-3 (loses to Conway, Cabot, & 1 to MSM 0-3).

work-hard play-harder

Van Buren finished conference play tonight by beating Cabot 3-1.

That should leave us 5th seed at 6-8

stattracker

Quote from: work-hard play-harder on October 21, 2008, 10:33:58 pm
Van Buren finished conference play tonight by beating Cabot 3-1.

That should leave us 5th seed at 6-8

I have no idea how everything else is shaping up, but who is going to get the 6th seed out of the Central?

Valleysports

October 21, 2008, 11:43:01 pm #18 Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 08:36:11 am by Valleysports
Way to go Van Buren!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Cabot probably dropped to maybe 7-7?  Bet their 7 wins where at home.

Valleysports

October 22, 2008, 08:51:28 am #19 Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 08:53:35 am by Valleysports
QuoteThis years 7A state tournament will be held at Springdale Har-Ber on beginning on Tuesday Oct 28th with games through Thursday Oct. 30th.

All 5 classification finals are in Conway on Saturday, Nov 1st.  The 7A final is first at 11:00 a.m.

QC, so how does this work?  Would it be something like -
3/6, 4/5, A Bracket - 3/6, 4/5, B Bracket, on Tues
Winners play #1 & #2 each bracket, in 4 games Weds
Two games Thurs to determine who goes to Conway.
?

stattracker

With Bryant beating NLR last night where does that put the Hornets at as far as place goes?

Quite Frankly

Quote from: stattracker on October 22, 2008, 10:20:14 am
With Bryant beating NLR last night where does that put the Hornets at as far as place goes?
Click on the bracket and that and all questions shall be answered.

Quite Frankly

See stickied thread for all playoff brackets.

Valleysports

Final Standings Central Conference

Conway
MSM
Russellville
Cabot
Van Buren
Bryant
Central
NLR

How about starting a 7A State Tournament Thread or something, QC?  Maybe start with that nice Tourn Bracket, Work-Hard linked for us.

stattracker

Quote from: Valleysports on October 22, 2008, 10:44:28 pm
Final Standings Central Conference

Conway
MSM
Russellville
Cabot
Van Buren
Bryant
Central
NLR

How about starting a 7A State Tournament Thread or something, QC?  Maybe start with that nice Tourn Bracket, Work-Hard linked for us.

Valley, I am afraid Bryant has gotten a little bit better. I don't know if they will be able to do anything in the playoffs or not. My DD started off season and she has to wait until thier season is over. She said they looked good today in practice. Maybe they are peaking at the right time. We'll see what happens.

Valleysports

October 23, 2008, 12:31:37 am #26 Last Edit: October 24, 2008, 05:47:39 am by Valleysports
Har-Ber is stronger than MSM, but wouldn't it be something if Bryant pulled that off and got MSM again.  Finish what ya'll started last time. 

In Russellville's case, if the Coach will let the same team loose that just whipped MSM, who knows.  Northside, Southside, and Rogers.

Odds are that the four teams in the Semi's, will be Rogers/Southside and Bentonville/Har-Ber

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas