• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ADG story on 7A West coaches this Sunday the 12th

Started by olddog79, February 10, 2006, 01:11:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

olddog79

There's a good article in the ADG's NW edition this Sunday about the pressures of coaching in this conference. It even mentions Fearless Friday. You'll find it in the "Ozark Tale" section (K). It's written by Chris Bahn. It's a good read.

Walter

Thanks for the info. Any idea if we can see it on the their web page? If so I would like to have a link.

olddog79

It should be up tomorrow. Try this: www.nwanews.com

If that doesn't work, let me know.

bear

Thanks for the tip on this very insightful article.

For any of us to underestimate the demands of coaching would be unfare to these guys that work it 24/7.

I thought all of the coaches comments were interesting but one stands out....Coach Peacock at Rogers...Can you imagine how frustrated he must feel at times...Some of the programs he has brought to Rogers, like the Father, Son Retreat are outstanding. He is a good man on and off the field...I hope his team makes the playoffs this year.

It is interesting how they mention "Fearless". For me this message board is a big part of the season. This place is a lot of fun...and everyonce in a while you learn something.

olddog79

Quote from: bear on February 12, 2006, 07:30:39 am
Thanks for the tip on this very insightful article.

For any of us to underestimate the demands of coaching would be unfare to these guys that work it 24/7.

I thought all of the coaches comments were interesting but one stands out....Coach Peacock at Rogers...Can you imagine how frustrated he must feel at times...Some of the programs he has brought to Rogers, like the Father, Son Retreat are outstanding. He is a good man on and off the field...I hope his team makes the playoffs this year.

It is interesting how they mention "Fearless". For me this message board is a big part of the season. This place is a lot of fun...and everyonce in a while you learn something.
Glad you enjoyed it...I thought you guys might.
Great picture of Bville stadium also.

Walter

Forked Tongue

Patton is so 2-faced.  He seeks out the press.  He loves the press.  He works the press.  He manipulates what they say in the articles.  He calls them!!  For him to imply that the press is a bother is Pure Patton. 

RHS

Was a good read. Wish it could have been longer with quotes from all the coaches on every subject.

SHILOHSAINTS

It was a good article, but they might should have thought of going to the mecca of HS football in NWA, Springdale, and interviewing those two coaches, didn't really understand that. I've said it before, for the teachers and fans out there that are complaining about HS football facilities and salaries, move to Mexico, the monster is only beginning to grow.

gimmabreak

SC, you raise a good question but it seems to me that the article was primarily about losing and the pressures that go along with it in the AAAAA-West.  Malzahn didn't have much taste of losing while at Springdale and stories about he and the Bulldogs feeling pressure this year were done to death. The current coaches - Wood and Johnson - have never been head coaches in that conference and therefore wouldn't have had much to contribute.  The Booster Club president did give a voice to Bulldog/Wildcat country.  And like I said, the sports writers have been focusing solely on Springdale with their season this year.  Anybody else think it was refreshing to hear from other coaches and other football stories that we haven't heard?

RHS

QuoteThe current coaches - Wood and Johnson - have never been head coaches in that conference and therefore wouldn't have had much to contribute.

You took the words off of my fingers. Would seem pointless to get an interview from 2 coaches who have only been assistants up to this point.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas