• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

LR Hall and LR Parkview

Started by JACKET_LE94, January 21, 2006, 05:14:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JACKET_LE94

Both are moving to 6A(AAAAAA) south, whats there to come for both teams? +?  or -
?

#3_wildcats

what do you think about these two teams

BD Baby

Is Moncrief a Sr. for Hall? #11 from Parkview was a very talented sophmore, what was his name?

MrThunder2004

LR Hall and LR Parkview.

One will finish 5-5
The other one will finish the year at  2-8

NotoriousPIG

I played for LR Hall back in 96 and 97.  The program has been in decline in so long that I don't know how they will ever compete again for any kind of championship.  While Central was getting fat with talent, teams like Hall, Parkview, and Fair were left out to dry.  There is no support, no money and no facilities.  It's really sad to see what has happened.  We haven't beaten LR Central since '95 and haven't come close since my senior year '97.  I think they have a decent coach but there is just nothing to the program.  The LRSD Athletic Dept should be ashamed of themselves for letting the AAAAAA Central break-up.  With no true rival in LR besides Parkview, there will be zero interest for Hall fans/students to attend football games.  I sure hope they have some success in their new conference but I seriously doubt it.

Takethat

Notorious, You are right in everything you said about the AAAAAA Central however, I'm wondering how closely you follow your old school because they did come close to beating Central in 2001. Hall took a 4 point lead with a pass from my son to Chester Thornton with 3 Min. to go in the game, only to watch Dedrick Poole return the following kick off 80yds for the game winner. Hall did drive down to Centrals 10yd line but, on 4th and 1 ran a play up the middle to get stopped and end the game. Hall went to the playoffs that year, but they got beat at Springdale on a field that I swear had been watered down to enhance their running game back then.   
Quote from: NotoriousPIG on February 07, 2006, 09:15:34 pm
I played for LR Hall back in 96 and 97. The program has been in decline in so long that I don't know how they will ever compete again for any kind of championship. While Central was getting fat with talent, teams like Hall, Parkview, and Fair were left out to dry. There is no support, no money and no facilities. It's really sad to see what has happened. We haven't beaten LR Central since '95 and haven't come close since my senior year '97. I think they have a decent coach but there is just nothing to the program. The LRSD Athletic Dept should be ashamed of themselves for letting the AAAAAA Central break-up. With no true rival in LR besides Parkview, there will be zero interest for Hall fans/students to attend football games. I sure hope they have some success in their new conference but I seriously doubt it.

duds10

Who is Halls coach?  And what is you opinion of him...
Quote from: Takethat on February 08, 2006, 10:07:29 am
Notorious, You are right in everything you said about the AAAAAA Central however, I'm wondering how closely you follow your old school because they did come close to beating Central in 2001. Hall took a 4 point lead with a pass from my son to Chester Thornton with 3 Min. to go in the game, only to watch Dedrick Poole return the following kick off 80yds for the game winner. Hall did drive down to Centrals 10yd line but, on 4th and 1 ran a play up the middle to get stopped and end the game. Hall went to the playoffs that year, but they got beat at Springdale on a field that I swear had been watered down to enhance their running game back then.
I played for LR Hall back in 96 and 97. The program has been in decline in so long that I don't know how they will ever compete again for any kind of championship. While Central was getting fat with talent, teams like Hall, Parkview, and Fair were left out to dry. There is no support, no money and no facilities. It's really sad to see what has happened. We haven't beaten LR Central since '95 and haven't come close since my senior year '97. I think they have a decent coach but there is just nothing to the program. The LRSD Athletic Dept should be ashamed of themselves for letting the AAAAAA Central break-up. With no true rival in LR besides Parkview, there will be zero interest for Hall fans/students to attend football games. I sure hope they have some success in their new conference but I seriously doubt it.

NotoriousPIG

February 09, 2006, 01:29:41 pm #8 Last Edit: February 09, 2006, 01:31:26 pm by NotoriousPIG
Quote from: Takethat on February 08, 2006, 10:07:29 am

Funny you should mention that because I was at UA then and was at that game when Hall got waxed by S-Dale with Will Hunt as the QB.  That field was soggy as heck too.  I think I remember your son.  I played QB for them from '96-97 and my senior year we were up 18-14 on LRCHS with about 9 min left and were driving.  One of their DBs picked me off near the endzone and they ran about 30 straight plays for a TD and about 8 min off the clock.  When they kicked off our TB loss the Kickoff over his head and we started from inside the 5 yd line.  I got us to the Central 30 with two plays left and had a TD sail through another one of our tailbacks hands in the endzone.  It was a rough one to lose.

Living in Chicago, I haven't seen a Hall game since probably 2001 but I read the scores and recaps in the paper.  It is sad to see the Warriors are so bad.  At least our bball team has been decent in the last five years.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas