• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4A-4 2018

Started by x14113, August 04, 2018, 01:53:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Who takes it home this year?

Dardanelle
7 (41.2%)
Dover
0 (0%)
Mena
0 (0%)
Ozark
7 (41.2%)
Pottsville
0 (0%)
MIA
2 (11.8%)
Waldron
1 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Voting closed: September 20, 2018, 01:53:48 am

x14113

There is precedent for that, too--Berryville led a campaign to remove Shiloh from the 4A-1 JH conference in time for the 2010 cycle.

Something tells me this was a factor in that conference's brief regression in the mid-10s, but I digress.

Between this and what the current 4A-1 may be doing, I'm really wanting to document all the JH conferences in the Natural State before next year.

Coach9586

Quote from: x14113 on October 04, 2018, 09:20:32 pm
Straight from the Bulldog cheer squad:

Pottsville 22
Waldron 20

Waldron played this game with an 8th grader who was the 3rd string qb.

x14113

Ozark 44
Pottsville 8
7G

x14113

Two more to go...!

Ozark 48
Pottsville 16
JH

The Coach

Dardanelle 42
Dover 12

x14113

And to wrap the night:

FS Trinity 30
Mena 28

x14113

October 15, 2018, 09:58:33 pm #106 Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 01:40:36 pm by x14113
Either the Hillbillies or the Lizards will clinch a share of the conference title this week.

The events on the Hillside will determine which.

Week 8 Games
Mena @ Waldron
Ozark @ Dover
Western Yell Co. @ Pottsville (Guess not...)

Anything for Dardy this week?

Gray lizard

Pottsville will not play this week one game left with Dover next week.

x14113

So the WYC game listed by both schools' websites is a no-go? Very well.

The Coach

Dardanelle wasn't able to fill the spot left by Subiaco so they have no game this wk. They are At trinity next wk and Charleston at home the following Tuesday.

Congrats to Ozark on winning the Conf Title cause they will kill Dover.

Gray lizard

Quote from: x14113 on October 16, 2018, 11:00:06 am
So the WYC game listed by both schools' websites is a no-go? Very well.
Word I got was they fell below enough players to field a team.
You would think maybe they could get Dardanelle and Pottsville together for half a and half b game or something.

Big Red Fan

Quote from: x14113 on October 10, 2018, 03:42:57 pm
I understand the frustration over it all (especially with Subi's antics on such short notice), but the simple fact that such moves are making waves is indicative of how easy most small-school conferences usually have it.

Simply put, the awful truth is that JH/9G programs don't have to group themselves like their varsity counterparts. Heck, Our conference dealt with this just 3 years ago, with 3 schools (including Subi, but for different reasons) not joining in for JH play.

And if nothing else, you should see what the 5A West's JH teams are doing.

As an dad  in that conference I can say amen.  I hate it

Gray lizard

Sitting at home tonight will not be much fun. Thought about going to Dover tonight but I saw enough of Ozark last week.

x14113

x14113

Getting the lion's share in sloppy fashion...

Ozark 42
Dover 0
JH

x14113

Also:

Mena 22
Waldron 16

Bearcats finish the season at 3-5 (2-3).

x14113

Conference play will wrap up this week, and for three of the five teams still playing, the season with it.

Will the Hillbillies claim an outright title for the first time in who-knows-when, or will the Bulldogs chuck a piece of it down the river?

Week 9 Games
Dardanelle @ FS Trinity (Game @ Buck Wells Stadium)
Dover @ Pottsville
Waldron @ Ozark

x14113

Ozark 38
Waldron 6
7G

x14113

October 25, 2018, 08:28:22 pm #118 Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 08:30:44 pm by x14113
No need to share this time...!

Ozark 38
Waldron 8
JH

Bulldogs finish at 2-5 (1-4)...or do they?

The Coach

Dardanelle 42
Trinity 20

Gray lizard

Pottsville     22
Dover           0
Season over for Pottsville (4-4)  Unless you count the two no shows as forfeits (6-4).

coachc9

Waldron will play Mansfield on Tuesday in their last game of the season.

x14113

Wrapping the season with make-up games for a trio of teams.

Or at least they'll try, with showers looming once again.

Week 10 Games (All played on Tuesday 10/30)

Charleston @ Dardanelle
Mansfield @ Waldron
Ozark @ Booneville

x14113

Ain't no weeks of improvement big enough...!

Ozark 38
Booneville 16

Hillbillies finish at 9-0 (5-0).

The Coach

Dardanelle 29
Charleston 14

Dardanelle finishes 8-1 (9-1 if you count Subi as a forfeit)

x14113

And to wrap the season:

Waldron 23
Mansfield 16

Bulldogs finish at 3-5 (1-4).

Same time next year!

Gray lizard

October 31, 2018, 08:03:57 am #126 Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 04:47:30 pm by Gray lizard
Congratulations to Ozark on conference title.
So is this the way they finished?

Ozark
Dardanelle
Pottsville
Mena
Waldron
Dover

x14113

Yup. Third straight year of no ties.

Part of me feels for the Bulldogs with all the tough breaks they dealt with, losing games last year's bunch would've won. A key teaching moment, perhaps?

This conference ought to be more wide open next year. Hopefully, everyone will be able to better fill their schedules, too.

Gray lizard

I hope all teams find a replacement for Subiaco.

HSfan

Quote from: Gray lizard on October 31, 2018, 07:38:10 pm
I hope all teams find a replacement for Subiaco.

I think everybody understands at this point that you are angry at Subiaco

Gray lizard

Quote from: HSfan on November 01, 2018, 07:52:32 am
I think everybody understands at this point that you are angry at Subiaco
I just feel very strongly they should have a consequence for what they did to the other 4A-4 teams. It opened my eyes.  Subiaco is not a good school to have in our district.  They bring several problems to a conference.  Not having a girls program.

HSfan

I hear you on that, and I can understand your frustration. GL, I've always respected your opinion and your conduct on the board. I believe we've even had a good back and forth before during baseball season. My biggest complaint was your comment earlier in the year that you hope Subi does not score a point all year. Be mad at Subi, be mad at the coaches, be mad at the AAA/4A-4 conference. I had always felt that comment was unnecessary and in bad taste because that is directed towards the kids; junior high kids at that.

Maybe I took that the wrong way, but that was how it was perceived. I am sorry you missed an opportunity to watch your kid play.

There is nothing I can say about not having a girls sport, but I don't know how that affects anything other than there being one less team in the conference. The conferences have been roughly the same for how long and it doesn't seem to cause major issues. Unless I am wrong and ignorant to that situation.

Hopefully Subi can get their numbers back up. Or call the AAA and start a petition to move Subi to 2A where they probably belong anyway.

Gray Lizard, I apologize for the rambling mess this was. Enjoy your (rainy) day!

Sigmund Sauer

Careful, they keep all the salve over on the varsity groups. I don't think they'll lend any to the Jr. High ranks. You never know when a certain topic will come up and they'll run short.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas