• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who's the sleeper team(s)ma

Started by CoachWhite, October 08, 2018, 08:53:50 am

Previous topic - Next topic

CoachWhite

big lefty

Rosebud, and possibly Cedar Ridge.

ISU7

OB11

Quote from: ISU7 on October 08, 2018, 10:50:22 am
Osceola

Can you be a sleeper if you're in line for the 1 seed out of your conference?

MICHAELSPAPPY

I'll toss in Lamar and Mansfield. Both are 6-0, so either of them may be better than we had thought.

Jimbo Morphis

ISU7

Quote from: Oldman on October 08, 2018, 11:38:27 am
Cmon Mr Pic em. A sleeper is a 3,4, or 5 seed.
Noles lost all their weapons from last season, who would expected  them to be right back in the mix.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: ISU7 on October 08, 2018, 01:04:34 pm
Noles lost all their weapons from last season, who would expected  them to be right back in the mix.
Weak conference for them without Rivercrest.

501Arkansas

I'll say Osceola as well. The talk is all about Booneville, Charleston, Prescott etc. We lost all our fire power from last year and reloaded and kinda didn't expect to be in the mix again this year. Blew Charleston out, Prescott out,CR out and should've beaten junction City last season in the playoffs and them same teams still gets all the talk lol Osceola is a sleeper I guess we'll have to wake everyone up again like last year

Nature Boy

DogCatcher

Very little talk about Newport or Osceola this year, but it's hard to say they are sleepers since they will probably be 1 and 2 in their conference. Probably the way both like it though.

Sick Dog

I think Camden Harmony Grove is a sleeper. They will give Prescott and Smackover some issues if they aren't ready to play. They are dangerous!!! Could very easily beat someone in the playoffs as a 3 seed if that happens of course if they beat one of the 2 then they won't be a sleeper. Watch out for them.

Paperman

Mansfield and Rison are both far ahead of what was expected of them.

sprained ankle

Quote from: ISU7 on October 08, 2018, 01:04:34 pm
They been recruiting.

501Arkansas

sprained ankle

Quote from: 501Arkansas on October 09, 2018, 05:13:23 am
Recruiting? Where you get that from?
Come on  man!! Ya'll pass those kids around over there like popcorn at the movie!!

501Arkansas

Quote from: sprained ankle on October 09, 2018, 05:33:43 am
Come on  man!! Ya'll pass those kids around over there like popcorn at the movie!!
I doubt that. I'm assuming you are  talking about the Jd Winda and Kam Turner situation. I wouldn't say recruiting this isn't the 90s or early 2000s. Jd Winda sister already said on facebook back in November before the season was over that her brother will not be a colt next year. It was either Osceola or Jonesboro and it ends up being Osceola. I don't know why it's a problem now when she told everyone.  Kam turner father wanted him to come to Osceola and not to mention, Jd and Kam are best friends and played sports with each other all their life. So where's the recruiting part come in at?

Leo Marvin

Quote from: 501Arkansas on October 09, 2018, 06:03:45 am
I doubt that. I'm assuming you are  talking about the Jd Winda and Kam Turner situation. I wouldn't say recruiting this isn't the 90s or early 2000s. Jd Winda sister already said on facebook back in November before the season was over that her brother will not be a colt next year. It was either Osceola or Jonesboro and it ends up being Osceola. I don't know why it's a problem now when she told everyone.  Kam turner father wanted him to come to Osceola and not to mention, Jd and Kam are best friends and played sports with each other all their life. So where's the recruiting part come in at?

Osceola just encouraged, they didn't recruit!

luxora4life

There are a lot of non facts in this statement, but good luck to the noles anyway.

ISU7

ISU7

Quote from: luxora4life on October 09, 2018, 07:43:32 am
There are a lot of non facts in this statement, but good luck to the noles anyway.
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

macadoshis

ISU7

Oh so they waited til the season was over at Crest first so they could win that ring ;D ;D ;D ;D 8)

doggieskoot2

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: macadoshis on October 09, 2018, 09:20:58 am
I would 100% say Mansfield

If Mansfield beats Booneville (I wish), then they will become the biggest non-sleeper of the year.

501Arkansas

Quote from: luxora4life on October 09, 2018, 07:43:32 am
That's a lot of facts but oh well

501Arkansas

Quote from: ISU7 on October 09, 2018, 09:25:02 am
Oh so they waited til the season was over at Crest first so they could win that ring ;D ;D ;D ;D 8)
I guess so oj lol

ISU7

sprained ankle

ISU7

Quote from: MICHAELSPAPPY on October 09, 2018, 10:16:00 am
If Mansfield beats Booneville (I wish), then they will become the biggest non-sleeper of the year.
Yep 8)

Coach9586

I think Mansfield will be humbled this week against Booneville. If they do happen to beat the Bearcats however, the road to War Memorial will seem fairly easy. This will be the game that they can really prove themselves. Charleston is not the same Charleston of years past so I wouldn't consider that a defining game to the current season.

chucktownboys

Until Osceola wins something other than regular season games don't count them as a state wide threat, Booneville is the team to beat.

Hound father

I think Osceola proved last year when they beat two teams that was 3a powerhouses, who were in the running for a state title according to most folks last year. Not only did they beat them they done it with what looks to be ease with what the score showed.

501Arkansas

Quote from: chucktownboys on October 10, 2018, 03:42:17 pm
Until Osceola wins something other than regular season games don't count them as a state wide threat, Booneville is the team to beat.
You hush, noles did you guys bad last season

501Arkansas

Quote from: Hound father on October 10, 2018, 03:55:05 pm
I think Osceola proved last year when they beat two teams that was 3a powerhouses, who were in the running for a state title according to most folks last year. Not only did they beat them they done it with what looks to be ease with what the score showed.
Back to back weeks at that

Lineman

Quote from: 501Arkansas on October 10, 2018, 04:16:24 pm
Back to back weeks at that
Is that what you guys put on the banner you hung in the gym?

501Arkansas

Quote from: Lineman on October 10, 2018, 06:15:54 pm
Nope for what? Do you?

sprained ankle

I slept good again last night!!!!

Skip Baymore

Quote from: macadoshis on October 09, 2018, 09:20:58 am
I would 100% say Mansfield

At this point in time, I agree totally with Mansfield.  But its kind of hard to remain a "sleeper" unless you put top seeds in, like Oldman said, which cant really be called sleepers then IMO.  Mansfield could remain a sleeper if they lose a competitive one to Booneville.  If they win or get blown out, then they will lose the sleeper qualification.  But right now, I agree, lol.  But at this point I don't see Mansfield making it past 3rd round?

ISU7

October 12, 2018, 04:47:06 am #40 Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 04:50:59 am by ISU7
Quote from: Lineman on October 10, 2018, 06:15:54 pm
It sure wasn't 2017 3A State Champions their fans claimed before the playoffs started 😂😂😂😂

501Arkansas

Quote from: ISU7 on October 12, 2018, 04:47:06 am
It sure wasn't 2017 3A State Champions their fans claimed before the playoffs started 😂😂😂😂
stop it OJ👊🏾👊🏾Lol

Leo Marvin

McGehee seems like a good pick.  A sleeper that shouldn't be asleep but has been so far

sprained ankle

It might have been the Rivercrest banners. They got confused!!

Lineman

2017 The year we almost won it all. AGAIN

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas