• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2009 Volleyball

Started by IAFLAR7, July 22, 2009, 05:31:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

IAFLAR7

Who is going to be good in volleyball in 2009 from the central Arkansas area?

stattracker

I don't know how good Bryant will be this year, but I will tell you this. The new coach is taking a better approach too this team and it may very well pay off in big dividends in the future.

BBRB

What's up with Volleyball???

stattracker

Quote from: BBRB on August 03, 2009, 09:28:39 am

I guess you would have to elaborate a little.

BBRB

Quote from: stattracker on August 03, 2009, 10:06:25 am

LOL  .... Just trying to get you started Stat...I have a granddaughter just starting the game and have been a little suprised at the lack of activity on this thread.  Hoping to learn something

stattracker

Quote from: BBRB on August 03, 2009, 10:54:49 am

LOL  .... Just trying to get you started Stat...I have a granddaughter just starting the game and have been a little suprised at the lack of activity on this thread.  Hoping to learn something

It's a fun game. I hope she enjoys it.

Billyo62

Quote from: stattracker on August 03, 2009, 11:28:26 am
Quote from: BBRB on August 03, 2009, 10:54:49 am

It's a fun game. I hope she enjoys it.

Girls Volleyball Rocks, I already designed and sent in my ad's for a couple of V-Ballers to be in the BHS Program this year!   ;D

Valleysports

August 03, 2009, 01:23:28 pm #7 Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 08:26:55 pm by Valleysports
Russellville should be good in the 7A Central Conference, but can't afford to loose any one of their 4 starting seniors.  Some underclassmen will have to step-up as the season progresses.  ::)

Valleysports

BBRB - where is she playing at? 

Valleysports

Hope she's not playing for those six legged blue cat people!

BBRB

August 10, 2009, 07:41:40 am #10 Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 08:22:50 am by BBRB
Quote from: Valleysports on August 07, 2009, 08:08:06 pm
Beebe...Haven't heard anything about their program

Ty

Siloam brings back Briones, Allison, Lewis, and the other girl (can't think of her name). Although there's talk about the other girl and Lewis quitting to focus on basketball.

Briones quit basketball to focus full time on volleyball. She was already one of the best hitters in the state as a sophomore.

paintdafence

Quote from: BBRB on August 10, 2009, 07:41:40 am
They were pretty young last year but qualified for the state tournament.  The coach is a good guy and I believe that they will be much improved this season.

BBRB

Quote from: paintdafence on August 14, 2009, 08:58:51 pm
They were pretty young last year but qualified for the state tournament.  The coach is a good guy and I believe that they will be much improved this season.
Thanks....I was suprised there wasn't more activity on this thread since the season is so close.

stattracker

Quote from: BBRB on August 17, 2009, 07:38:12 am
Thanks....I was suprised there wasn't more activity on this thread since the season is so close.

I wish I had a politically correct answer for ya, but I don't think there is one. The only people (generally speaking) that knows volleyball exists are the ones who play and their parents.

BBRB

Quote from: stattracker on August 17, 2009, 10:07:39 am

I wish I had a politically correct answer for ya, but I don't think there is one. The only people (generally speaking) that knows volleyball exists are the ones who play and their parents.
That's sure the case with me...I figured on here I would get educated pretty fast though  :-)

BBRB

Quote from: stattracker on August 17, 2009, 10:07:39 am

Maybe the basketball coaches are behind that conspiracy

Valleysports

For this site to reach it's potential - NWA Volleyball Parents would have to participate.  There are several reasons why that doesn't appeal to them.  I can't find a Politically Correct way to explain it, but I undestand it and don't blame them. 

BBRB

Quote from: Ty on August 14, 2009, 08:35:38 pm
Siloam brings back Briones, Allison, Lewis, and the other girl (can't think of her name). Although there's talk about the other girl and Lewis quitting to focus on basketball.

Briones quit basketball to focus full time on volleyball. She was already one of the best hitters in the state as a sophomore.
Allison?

BBRB

August 20, 2009, 08:44:01 am #19 Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 08:47:32 am by BBRB
Quote from: Valleysports on August 17, 2009, 11:48:27 am
For this site to reach it's potential - NWA Volleyball Parents would have to participate.  There are several reasons why that doesn't appeal to them.  I can't find a Politically Correct way to explain it, but I undestand it and don't blame them. 
How about the non political version.....It's not an election year.....pm?

Valleysports

Most of us would define it with the word Snob!  ;D  The Snob's would define it as blessed!  ::) 

A combination of variables helps Western Arkansas (Fort Smith included) excel above the rest of us in Volleyball.  I think the #1 variable is Quality Coaches, that have played College VB themselves (that so HUGE).  They come out of U of A, John Brown, etc?  These Coaches run the JO Teams, which play in a quality JO Program, because of motivated parents, and being able to afford it helps.  It's just a snowball effect that's been going on for a long time.

Ty

Ozark Juniors has a large part to do with the success of NWA volleyball.

Valleysports

Conway should be the 7A Central's team again!

CatsBack

Had the opportunity to watch many of the team across the state at the Spikefest Tournament in Little Rock this weekend.

Conway beat Marion in the finals (Marion played extremely well during the tournament)

- Conway just barely edged Benton in the semifinals (this is the second time in a week that Conway has played close games against Benton so watch out for these ladies)

- Conway beat Russellville 25-14, 25-14 in quarterfinals / Benton beat LR Christian

- Marion beat FS Northside in the semifinals ((in the semi's, Marion's libero collapsed (hope the young lady is okay) and was taken to the hospital by paramedics...Marion still won the game!) / Didn't see who Marion beat in quarterfinals

Watched some of the NWA teams play as well (FS Northside Rogers, Rogers Heritage, Springdale).   

Bob from Dumas

I think Marion beat Heritage in the quarterfinals.   

CatsBack

Bob, you are correct.  My mind is not as sharp as it used to be!

Bob from Dumas

Ha ha.  Join the club!! Good luck to Conway the rest of the way.  Hope to see them in late October.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas