• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2016 4A Standings (ALL CONFERENCES) Boys and Girls

Started by faith, April 22, 2016, 08:10:16 am

Previous topic - Next topic

faith

How are things shaping up?  Playoffs are right around the corner, who is looking to win their conference?  Please post Boys and Girls rankings here!!!

chandler

Current playoff picture in 4A-1:

Boys:
Dardanelle 7-0
Berryville 6-0
Prairie Grove 5-2
Huntsville 4-2

Subiaco, Green Forest, and Danville are still in contention.

Girls:

Shiloh 5-0
Gentry 4-0
Dardanelle 5-1
Berryville 4-1

Huntsville is still in contention.

Obviously, there is a lot of soccer still to be played. Dardanelle hosts Berryville next Tuesday. Should be two really good matches.

The Coach

chandler

Quote from: The Coach on April 22, 2016, 08:45:55 am
Berryville and Dardanelle play on Monday

Cool, thanks. I need to change that on the master schedule.

beeroe

Dardanelle is my pick.

They are going to be really tough to beat.

Super deep bench with quality players.

striker20

Quote from: beeroe on April 22, 2016, 01:52:01 pm
Dardanelle is my pick.

They are going to be really tough to beat.

Super deep bench with quality players.

Berryville will not be a walk in the park for Dardanelle. I've seen them both play this year. Should be a really good game but I think Berryville may take it. From my point of view Berryville has an edge on the field but Dardanelle could change that scoring from their corner/free kick set plays. 

beeroe

Not saying that its going to be a walk in the park at all.

But a high school team is not as good as their strongest player. Its only as strong as its weakest player. You have to go really deep into their bench to find a weak player. Berryville has some fantastic players no doubt but after 60 minutes they are going to struggle to compete with the quality of subs that Dardanelle is going to put out.

TheGoalkeeper13

4A-3 Playoff Picture Boys:

1. Heber Springs: 6-1 (Loss to St. Joseph's)
2. Riverview: 5-1 (Loss to Heber Springs)
3. Jacksonville Lighthouse: 4-1 (Lost to Heber Springs)
4. St. Joseph's: 4-2 (Lost to Brookland and Southside Batesville)
5. Brookland: 4-3 (Lost to Heber Springs, Riverview, and Jacksonville Lighthouse)

Games to Watch:
Jacksonville Lighthouse vs Riverview
Jacksonville Lghthouse vs St. Joseph's
St. Joseph's vs Riverview

AirWarren

Anyone have the updated conference standings for Warren and their conference?

young_gun

Quote from: chandler on April 22, 2016, 08:40:36 am

Boys:
Dardanelle 7-0
Berryville 6-0
Prairie Grove 5-2
Huntsville 4-2

Girls:

Shiloh 5-0
Gentry 4-0
Dardanelle 5-1
Berryville 4-1

Obviously, there is a lot of soccer still to be played. Dardanelle hosts Berryville next Tuesday. Should be two really good matches.

Huntsville boys still have Dardanelle, Berryville, and PG. I think the 4th spot comes down to Danville and Green Forest. Danville lost heartbreakers to Dardanelle and PG. Dardanelle and Berryville game tonight could be a shootout or defensive affair with Dardanelle PF 53 PA 5 and Berryville PF 48 PA 3.

razorback

4a-4 Girls
Warren 4-0
Episcopal 4-0
ESTEM 4-1
Hamburg 5-2
Monticello 4-2

Seems to be the top teams in the conference right now, Stuttgart may sneak back into contention for a playoff spot, at 2-3 as well.  Game between episcopal and warren shaping up to be for the conference title.

4a-4 Boys
Hamburg 7-0
Warren 4-0
Episcopal 4-0
Monticello 3-3
Star City 3-4

Looks like its going to come down again this year to the games between Hamburg, Warren, and Episcopal for playoff positioning.  4th seed up for grabs between several teams.

TheGoalkeeper13

From what I understand via Maxpreps... Here is a look at 4A-2 Boys.

1. CAC 5-0 (Undefeated)
2. Mena 5-1 (Loss to Gurdon)
3. Gurdon 3-1 (Loss to CAC)
4. Centerpoint 3-1 (Loss to Mena)

Robinson (5-3), Malvern (4-2), and Cossatot River (4-2) look to still be in contention.

The Coach

Quote from: young_gun on April 25, 2016, 10:28:27 am
Huntsville boys still have Dardanelle, Berryville, and PG. I think the 4th spot comes down to Danville and Green Forest. Danville lost heartbreakers to Dardanelle and PG. Dardanelle and Berryville game tonight could be a shootout or defensive affair with Dardanelle PF 53 PA 5 and Berryville PF 48 PA 3.

Dardanelle vs Danville wasn't as close as the score indicated. Dardanelle throughly controlled that game.

striker20

Quote from: The Coach on April 25, 2016, 12:55:40 pm
Dardanelle vs Danville wasn't as close as the score indicated. Dardanelle throughly controlled that game.

It came down to the first one committing the error in that case Danville. It was a back and forth game with oportunities on both sides. Yes.. Dardanelle controlled second half after Danville got red carded the first 10 minutes and even then Was a back and forth game. Danville could have tied up with 10 on the field. On the other hand Dardanelle could not use their superior numbers to their advantage and score more goals, they had as many dangerous shots on goals as Danville did. All goals were made within 5 and 10 minutes with all 22 players on the field if I remember correctly. Dardanelle scored the second goal via corner served to the first post for #10 to kick it in. If Dardanelle uses that against Berryville I could see Dardanelle winning they are good at it. Corner sets are their forte from my point of view.

striker20

Quote from: young_gun on April 25, 2016, 10:28:27 am

What to say when danville's forward players can't score on one-vs-one with PG goalie on 5 to 6 occasions. Literally blew the shots out of the field instead of finessing them in.

CHSKnightsFan

Centerpoint boys beat Cossatot tonight. 3-3 at the end of regulation. 11 kicks Centerpoint won the kicks 9-8 !! Now sit at 4-1 in conference.

The Coach

April 25, 2016, 10:49:57 pm #16 Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 09:19:29 pm by The Coach
Quote from: chandler on April 22, 2016, 08:40:36 am

Boys:
Dardanelle 9-0
Berryville 6-1
Prairie Grove 5-2
Huntsville 4-2

Girls:

Shiloh 5-1
Gentry 5-0
Dardanelle 7-1
Berryville 4-3

big slop

faith

So it sounds like Dardanelle is the team to beat on the Boys side, but who is the team to beat on the Girls side?

GobSoccerFan12

Quote from: faith on April 29, 2016, 09:17:13 am
So it sounds like Dardanelle is the team to beat on the Boys side, but who is the team to beat on the Girls side?

Warren is 13-1 and have beaten Dardanelle already this year 4-2. I'd say they are the team to beat on the boys side, but I do believe Dardanelle will be tough to beat as well in the playoffs.

AirWarren

Quote from: faith on April 29, 2016, 09:17:13 am

Ask Dardanelle about Warren. I believe those Lumberjacks will have something to say about that.

Oh. And the Warren girls are just as good as the boys this year.

The Coach

April 29, 2016, 09:52:20 am #21 Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 10:03:25 am by The Coach
Quote from: AirWarren on April 29, 2016, 09:28:19 am
Ask Dardanelle about Warren. I believe those Lumberjacks will have something to say about that.

Oh. And the Warren girls are just as good as the boys this year.

::) warren girls are not as good as the boys and CAC girls should roll 4A cause it's not very good overall.

As far as DARD and Warren boys if 1 bad game from DARD in early March is what you're banking on good luck!!

chaoslord

Gentry seems to be in form so I would not be surprised if the final is a rematch from last year

AirWarren

Quote from: The Coach on April 29, 2016, 09:52:20 am
::) warren girls are not as good as the boys and CAC girls should roll 4A cause it's not very good overall.

As far as DARD and Warren boys if 1 bad game from DARD in early March is what you're banking on good luck!!

One "bad game". Typical Dardanelle garbage. Sounds like when we sent you guys packing in route to our 2014 state title in football.

The Coach

April 29, 2016, 10:19:45 am #24 Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 10:23:14 am by The Coach
Quote from: AirWarren on April 29, 2016, 10:10:24 am
One "bad game". Typical Dardanelle garbage. Sounds like when we sent you guys packing in route to our 2014 state title in football.

lol like I said good luck

I'm sure if Warren makes it the finals youll be there to watch your first match this Season.

razorback

Quote from: The Coach on April 29, 2016, 09:52:20 am

What games have you seen this from Warren's girls, The Coach? What do you base your opinion of them on, just want to satisfy my own curiosity lol

AirWarren

Quote from: razorback on April 29, 2016, 10:53:46 am
What games have you seen this from Warren's girls, The Coach? What do you base your opinion of them on, just want to satisfy my own curiosity lol

Dardanelle fluff. That's all.

The Coach

April 29, 2016, 11:48:06 am #27 Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 11:50:44 am by The Coach
Quote from: razorback on April 29, 2016, 10:53:46 am

I watched them vs Dardanelle who's an ok team that Warren beat 2-1. I'm sure they've improved since then cause Dardanelle has tremendously.

AirWarren

Quote from: The Coach on April 29, 2016, 11:48:06 am
I watched them vs Dardanelle who's an ok team that Warren beat 2-1. I'm sure they've improved since then cause Dardanelle has tremendously.

I suppose Warren has not improved at all since that game. Gotcha. 

The Coach

Quote from: AirWarren on April 29, 2016, 12:33:41 pm
I suppose Warren has not improved at all since that game. Gotcha.

Learn to read before you post.

razorback

We will find out about both Dardanelle and Warren soon enough, may even run into each other again at state in both boys and girls....Warren has two games remaining, see if both teams can close the season out keeping their winning streaks intact. 

beeroe

I kinda like this trash talk between Dardanelle and Warren right now. Haha.

Here is what I see happening.

Warren draws Prairie Grove or Green Forrest in first round. They will be the lower seeds of the 4A1 and while Warren will likely come out on top of one of those matches it is going to be quite the challenge for them. Its going to take a good bit out of their gas tank. If warren does not draw one of these two teams in the first round and they face Berryville on the 2nd or 3rd days of semis they will be done.

Warren has to hope they can make it through 3 days of soccer and hope they dont draw matches with the 4A1 if they want to play Dardanelle in the finals.

Meanwhile Dardanelle has the benefit of a deep bench. Having several seniors and many of the best players from Danville transferring as well.  If their coach manages his bench well and keeps the legs fresh those three days should not be a problem. In high school soccer your team is only as good as your lowest common denominator... Dardanelles is pretty high.

If Warren makes it through semis and faces Dardanelle. It will be a good game. The bench of Dardanelle is their asset.... their emotion is not. A couple of bad calls and the coaches flip out, then the players will follow. If they keep their cool Dardanelle wins.

soccerjunkie

Warren first has to get by Episcopal (likely) and Hamburg (taller order).  We could be talking Hamburg as the #1 team from their division.

The Coach

Quote from: beeroe on April 29, 2016, 06:12:30 pm
I kinda like this trash talk between Dardanelle and Warren right now. Haha.

Here is what I see happening.

Warren draws Prairie Grove or Green Forrest in first round. They will be the lower seeds of the 4A1 and while Warren will likely come out on top of one of those matches it is going to be quite the challenge for them. Its going to take a good bit out of their gas tank. If warren does not draw one of these two teams in the first round and they face Berryville on the 2nd or 3rd days of semis they will be done.

Warren has to hope they can make it through 3 days of soccer and hope they dont draw matches with the 4A1 if they want to play Dardanelle in the finals.

Meanwhile Dardanelle has the benefit of a deep bench. Having several seniors and many of the best players from Danville transferring as well.  If their coach manages his bench well and keeps the legs fresh those three days should not be a problem. In high school soccer your team is only as good as your lowest common denominator... Dardanelles is pretty high.

If Warren makes it through semis and faces Dardanelle. It will be a good game. The bench of Dardanelle is their asset.... their emotion is not. A couple of bad calls and the coaches flip out, then the players will follow. If they keep their cool Dardanelle wins.

Dardanelle has 3 sr's total on the whole team, and 2 that play significant time. They also have ZERO transfers from Danville. The coaches flip out? You don't know much about Dardanelle it seems outside of when they played Eureka Springs.

beeroe

Ok well I stand corrected... Coach, you have several players who play like seniors. High quality players for sure. In my opinion you have a deep bench. I saw the quality of subs that you had to offer when you played Eureka. I was attempting to compliment your team, I should have had my facts a little more clear.

So far as Danville transfers I guess the rumors are untrue.

Good luck.

chandler

Also, 4A-1 plays 4A-3 in the first round and 4A-4 plays 4A-2. So Warren won't be matched up with PG or GF in the first round. They could play Berryville in the second round though. That would be a fun game to watch.

TheGoalkeeper13

Quote from: chandler on April 30, 2016, 01:58:06 am
Also, 4A-1 plays 4A-3 in the first round and 4A-4 plays 4A-2. So Warren won't be matched up with PG or GF in the first round. They could play Berryville in the second round though. That would be a fun game to watch.

4A-3 is pretty much done with Conference play. Here are the teams who have clinched playoff spots on the boys side.

1. Heber Springs (8-1)
2. Jacksonville Lighthouse (7-1)
3. Riverview (6-2)
4. Brookland (6-3)

Interested to see who they will match up against in 4A-1. Congratulations to these squads for qualifying for the State Tournament.

chandler

It seems fairly certain that Brookland will draw Dardanelle, and Riverview will draw Berryville then. The rest is still up in the air. Some 4A-1 teams still have to play three conference matches next week with all the rain outs last night.

TheGoalkeeper13

Quote from: chandler on April 30, 2016, 02:02:27 pm
It seems fairly certain that Brookland will draw Dardanelle, and Riverview will draw Berryville then. The rest is still up in the air. Some 4A-1 teams still have to play three conference matches next week with all the rain outs last night.

Prairie Grove's last 2 games are against Gentry and Decatur. Do you think Jacksonville Lighthouse will play Prairie Grove, chandler? And if that happened the it would pretty much come down to GF, Danville, and Subiaco fightintg it out for the last seed in 4A-1

chandler

PG is sitting in a good position, but anything could happen in this conference. Subiaco probably has the toughest schedule remaining. GF gets in with a win over Danville. Danville control their own fate since they play both GF and Subi at home. Should be a very interesting week in the 4A-1.

MadDogg

How is the 4A-2 Conference looking? I know CAC is in First, but who is finishing the top 4?
What teams do we need to be watching?

SportsDad

Warren plays at Hamburg on Friday night in a winner take all conference championship game.
Winner gets first seed from the 4-4A, loser second seed, LR Episcopal will be the #3 seed, not sure on the #4 seed...

razorback

Girls 4-4A standings as of today

Warren 8 - 0....won conference win with over Episcopal on 5/2
Episcopal Collegiate 6 - 1...have games against Estem and Hermitage remaining, will clinch 2nd seed with a win over either team
Monticello, Estem, Stuttgart, and Hamburg still in the running for the last two seeds, will have to see how the remainder of the conference games this week play out.  Should be an interesting finale for those four teams.

JFSM

Jacksonville Lighthouse seems to have a pretty amazing team for a 2nd year school. their midfield has proved to be quite the challenge. They might of finished 2nd place in conference, but they have proved to show alot of potential compared to the rest of the high school teams.

The Coach

May 04, 2016, 08:40:23 am #44 Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 09:09:10 am by The Coach
1-4A looks like this I believe

Boys:
1. Dardanelle (locked)
2. Berryville (locked)
3. PG (pretty sure is locked)
4. Danville / GF winner

Girls:
1-3. Dardanelle/ Gentry / Shiloh depending on outcomes later this wk
4. Huntsville (locked)

Hugo Sanchez

Does anyone know about the 4a-2???? surely someone out there follows this conference.....

VHSCoach2

Quote from: Hugo Sanchez on May 04, 2016, 10:38:02 am
Does anyone know about the 4a-2???? surely someone out there follows this conference.....

According to Maxpreps...

Boys:
1. CAC: 8-0
2. Mena: 8-1
3. Centerpoint: 5-2
4. Cossatot River: 7-3

Girls:
1. CAC: 6-0
2. Malvern: 6-1
3. Robinson: 6-2
4. Arkadelphia: 5-2

*-Note: These are conference records only

TheGoalkeeper13

CAC vs Mena tomorrow. Definitely a game I want to go and see. If Mena wins just imagine the what the standings would be in 4A-2.

beach bum

Thank you to all the posters updating results and standings in 4A. It is greatly appreciated! Also, glad to see Prairie Grove locked into the 3 seed and curious to see who they will play in the first round of state. I'd like to see them win a game at state.

chandler

Technically, PG isn't locked in third. There's even a scenario in which they could completely miss the playoffs.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas