• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Post week 6 (Monday, April 11th thru Saturday, April 16th) results here please!

Started by sevenof400, April 09, 2016, 11:14:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Badger

Neither, CAC was playing not to be embarrassed, their coach admitted the plan was to "park the bus".  Catholic played probably its best game all year, possessing the ball and linking extremely well, just couldn't finish even the point blank opportunities.  This may have been aided by CAC's strategy, but it was very pleasing to watch, especially compared to the slugfest/longball contest vs. Conway two nights ago.  The officiating tonight helped and was very good - fouls were called liberally but fairly - which kept the rough stuff to a minimum.  As has been a theme all year, Catholic outplays its opponent but unable to finish numerous chances.  May need to find more time to practice PKs the way things have been going. 

Lionheart88

5A Central VB:

LR McClellan 3, Beebe 3, McClellan wins on the sixth round of kicks from the mark.  Kicks were the story of this game; 3 PKs in regulation, a whole bunch more after.  Beebe would've gone down in the initial kicks but the LRM keeper kept coming forward off his line and giving Beebe do-overs.

Lionheart88

Quote from: Coach Sturdivant, HS on April 14, 2016, 09:48:29 pm
4/14/16 Hope @ Hot Springs
5A South Conference Match

VG: Hope 2, Hot Springs 1

VB: Hot Springs 5, Hope 4.
I find this result especially surprising, having seen both in action vs White Hall recently.  I'd have thought HS would've handled Hope without too much difficulty.  Care to elaborate on this one, coach?

Coach Sturdivant, Alma

Just a very physical game. We scored first and held a 1-0 lead for a while and then Hope evened it up on a long shot on goal. We mistimed the jump and it went in.

Second goal for Hope a little more controversial. Haven't watched the film on it yet but we felt that our keeper had possession of the ball on the ground but the Hope offensive player kicked it out of her hands and into the goal.

Was a well played game by Hope. We had several more chances throughout the game but we just couldn't finish.

SportsDad

Quote from: Lionheart88 on April 15, 2016, 12:26:06 am
I find this result especially surprising, having seen both in action vs White Hall recently.  I'd have thought HS would've handled Hope without too much difficulty.  Care to elaborate on this one, coach?

From someone who watched Warren play both of these teams...
Warren lost to Hope (only loss of the year so far) on kicks after 1-1 in regulation and beat HS last week 3-2.

HS is the better team, but Hope is a very physical team--and this was the reason Warren did not beat them, because the game was allowed to become very rough. HS has the ability to match up with them physically, so I am not surprised that they won and that the game was close.

All three teams that Warren has played from this conference (DeQueen) have been very solid teams and should make runs in the 5A tourney.

Lionheart88

Warren's played 4 actually.  White Hall's in it as well.  Might as well play Lakeside and become a de facto member. :)

SportsDad

you are right... forgot about WH.... I missed that game, so I can't tell you what they are like.

Arbitro

hogbert

onewildrice

MDXPHD

Sir Alex

Intelligentsia

Badger

VB

FS Northside 2
Fayetteville 1

Greenwood 2
Van Buren 0

ninjafighter

Quote from: MDXPHD on April 15, 2016, 08:57:07 pm
Batesville boys over GCT 1-0
Batesville girls over GCT 3-1

Heard from someone at this game that there was potentially ineligible player from Batesville (previous red cards) playing in this game.  Any truth to that claim?

MDXPHD

Quote from: ninjafighter on April 15, 2016, 11:24:29 pm
Heard from someone at this game that there was potentially ineligible player from Batesville (previous red cards) playing in this game.  Any truth to that claim?

I highly doubt it. Batesville wouldn't have intentionally played an ineligible player. There were 2 red cards and 5 yellow cards during the game though. Maybe somebody got a little confused or worked up about the game.

The Coach

Danville @ Dardanelle

DARD VG 6 Danville VG 1

DARD VB 2 Danville VB 1

TDK

Russellville @ Bryant

VG
Bryant 4
Russellville 0

VB
Bryant 0
Russellville 1

TDK

VHSCoach2

Badger

Badger

CaneSoccerFan

Anyone have results from Searcy VG for their games against West Memphis, Benton, or NLR?  We play them tomorrow.  Trying to get a gage on what to expect.

MB Hog

Quote from: CaneSoccerFan on April 18, 2016, 08:42:53 am
Anyone have results from Searcy VG for their games against West Memphis, Benton, or NLR?  We play them tomorrow.  Trying to get a gage on what to expect.
I don't know those results, but I've seen them play.  They seem to be Dr. Jeckel and Mr. Hyde.  They can be very good, but maybe let down emotionally if they aren't focused on a particular game.  They are pretty solid for a high school team, mainly because they are almost the exact same team that plays together in club, so they know each other well and play the same style in high school as they do in club.

They play possession ball in the middle, fast break up front, and good help defense in the back.

I'm not sure, but I think their top scorer may be out right now.  I saw a picture of her last week in a leg brace... the kind that won't allow you to bend your knee.

MDXPHD

Quote from: CaneSoccerFan on April 18, 2016, 08:42:53 am

You will have a tough game. Searcy will probably win by at least a couple of goals. Boys game may be closer. The girls tied Valley View, and I am pretty sure VV beat Jonesboro pretty bad earlier this season.

CaneSoccerFan

Quote from: MB Hog on April 18, 2016, 09:24:15 am
I don't know those results, but I've seen them play.  They seem to be Dr. Jeckel and Mr. Hyde.  They can be very good, but maybe let down emotionally if they aren't focused on a particular game.  They are pretty solid for a high school team, mainly because they are almost the exact same team that plays together in club, so they know each other well and play the same style in high school as they do in club.

They play possession ball in the middle, fast break up front, and good help defense in the back.

I'm not sure, but I think their top scorer may be out right now.  I saw a picture of her last week in a leg brace... the kind that won't allow you to bend your knee.

Thanks for the info.  I know that they always have a very good program, especially for 6A.  Hate to hear about their scorer, I hope that she is back in time for the state tourney.

CaneSoccerFan

Quote from: MDXPHD on April 18, 2016, 09:31:48 am
You will have a tough game. Searcy will probably win by at least a couple of goals. Boys game may be closer. The girls tied Valley View, and I am pretty sure VV beat Jonesboro pretty bad earlier this season.

Yeah that game against VV was hard to watch.  VV has a great program, but that was literally the worst game I have seen Jonesboro play in a long time.  Its like they didn't even want to be there, and they didn't even try.  I have no doubt that it will be a very tough game for the girls, I'm just hoping that we can keep it respectable.

MB Hog

Quote from: CaneSoccerFan on April 18, 2016, 01:59:12 pm
Yeah that game against VV was hard to watch.  VV has a great program, but that was literally the worst game I have seen Jonesboro play in a long time.  Its like they didn't even want to be there, and they didn't even try.  I have no doubt that it will be a very tough game for the girls, I'm just hoping that we can keep it respectable.
Like I said, you don't know what you are going to get when you play Searcy.  PA beat VV, 6-2, before Spring Break.  Didn't play another game until the Searcy game two weeks later and lost to Searcy 2-0.

Hard to say how the 2-week break hurt PA (and the fact it was only PA's 3rd game of the season), but Searcy came to play and gave PA its only loss to date.  With Searcy only tying VV 1-1, it's hard to figure out who is really the best.  But I will say VV is much better than the 6-2 loss to PA shows.  It may have just been one of those games for them.

BTW - I see that Searcy beat NLR 3-0.

Outlaw

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas