• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Little Rock Christian Academy @ Harrison

Started by Go Postal, April 05, 2016, 10:31:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Go Postal

April 05, 2016, 10:31:48 pm Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 10:45:38 pm by Go Postal
The LRCA Warriors and Harrison Golden Goblins have had some impressive records in the past.
The Warriors have had 3 State Championships and 1 State Runner-up.  I'm not sure of how many semi-final appearances, but I seem to remember a few.

The Golden Goblins have had 6 State Championships and 1 State Runner-up.  They have been in 13 of the last 14 semi-final appearances.

Their boys team consecutive State Championships were as follows:
Two for Little Rock Christian, 2009-10
Five for Harrison, 2002-06
The last time these teams met in a Championship game was:
2013 - Little Rock Christian (Runner-up Harrison)
2008 – Harrison (Runner-up LR Christian)

Both teams have had good years and bad years.  Good games and bad games.  I wish the best of luck to both of these teams this year.

But now let me introduce the Lady Warriors and Lady Goblins...

The Lady Warriors have 3 State Championships and 5 State Runner-ups.  I'm not sure of semi-final appearences, but quite a few times, at least 8 or more of the last 14 semi-finals.
They are the current 5A State Champion.

The Lady Goblins have 4 State Championships and 2 State Runner-ups.  They have been in 10 of the last 14 semi-finals.

These two teams were rivals when they were in different conferences and even more so since being in the same conference.  The Lady Warriors were the West conference champ last year by giving the Lady Goblins their only 2 conference losses.  The Lady Goblins had their only other 5A seasonal loss to the PA Lady Bruins in the semis and didn't get a chance for payback in last years Championship game.  This is THE game that these two teams get to play each other once again.  The Lady Goblins are currently 4-0 and the Lady Warriors are currently 5-0 and played one more game than the Lady Goblins.  This will be someones first loss of the conference season.  It should be a good game.

(Side note) Some people might wonder why:
1.  Yes, these two teams are very talented and seem to dominate in a weak West girls conference and,
2.  Why do I like these two teams and not some of the other 5A girls powerhouses?

My answer to this is:
1. and 2.  These two teams also play larger classifications in non conference games to hone their skill and their conference is not as weak as it seems, for instance, the West had 3 teams (LRCA, Harrison and Greenbrier) in the semis last year with Central having PA. LRCA beating PA in the final.  I like these teams not only because they are in the same conference, but also because of the records as shown below.

CLASS 5A
2015 - Little Rock Christian (Runner-up Pulaski Academy)
2014 - Harrison (Runner-up Pulaski Academy)
2013 - Shiloh Christian (Runner-up Harrison)
2012 – Central Arkansas Christian (Runner-up LR Christian)
2011 – Harrison (Runner-up LR Christian)
2010 – Little Rock Christian (Runner-up Pulaski Academy)
2009 – Little Rock Christian (Runner-up Central Arkansas Christian)
2008 – Pulaski Academy (Runner-up LR Christian)
2007 – Pulaski Academy (Runner-up LR Christian)
2006 – Central Arkansas Christian (Runner-up Pulaski Academy)
2005 – Pulaski Academy (Runner-up Little Rock Christian)
2004 – Harrison (Runner-up Arkadelphia)
2003 – Pulaski Academy (Runner-up Harrison)
2002 – Harrison (Runner-up Searcy)

Comments and insight are welcomed...

Basketball Mom 2019

I totally agree that this is the match up of the season and will be a test for both girls teams. 

I am cheering on the Lady Warriors to a Victory. I hope the youth of LRCA won't create a challenge. The underclassmen have played some great soccer with Freshmen leading the team in goals.

My hope is that the officials will be fair and consistent.

Team Mom

It will be a great game to watch. Always fun to see these two teams play. Both programs always produce quality teams every year.

hogbert

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas