• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Post week 5 (Monday, April 4th thru Saturday, April 9th) results here please!

Started by sevenof400, April 02, 2016, 09:47:25 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Buck183

Quote from: Badger on April 06, 2016, 08:50:36 am
VB

Rogers Heritage 1
Fayetteville 0

Bentonville 2 (Bentonville won in PKs 4-3)
Rogers 2

I have a question out of curiosity. You seem to get lots of scores from different matches and different schools. Very informative. Why no girls scores and only boys?

Buck

Badger

I have a son playing in high school, so I have an interest in that side of things for now.  I enjoy keeping up with how his club soccer peers are doing with their high school teams.  Yeah, I know, Nerd-Alert!  I'm hoping my pre-school daughter takes to the game.  If so, if this forum's still around if/when she's playing in high school, I'll likely be exclusively posting the girls' results.

Buck183

Quote from: Badger on April 10, 2016, 10:52:19 pm
I have a son playing in high school, so I have an interest in that side of things for now.  I enjoy keeping up with how his club soccer peers are doing with their high school teams.  Yeah, I know, Nerd-Alert!  I'm hoping my pre-school daughter takes to the game.  If so, if this forum's still around if/when she's playing in high school, I'll likely be exclusively posting the girls' results.

I get that. I too have a child playing in high school that has been playing club ball for many years. That player just happens to be a girl. I support our boys program just as much as the girls program though. If I don't have both scores to post I won't post either one by itself.

Being a fan of the game I realize that we need to support both genders for the sport to grow to its potential.  Oddly enough, there are more opportunities for girls to move on to the next level and play than there are for boys.  That would be another reason to follow the girls side of the game.

At our school there is easily 3-4 times the turnout for girls games than there are for boys games. 

Buck

MDXPHD

Just post the scores you have, boys or girls. It doesn't matter if you have both. We all just want as many scores as we can get on here!

Badger

::) Wow, Buck183, a little sanctimonious aren't we. You asked a question, and I answered it in good faith even though I did sense you were fishing for some platform.  Do you follow women's professional soccer?  I highly doubt it, so spare us.  Feel free to post whatever results you want, but hopefully, I'm not offending your delicate sensibilities, I'll continue to post 7A boys results exclusively.  Because, let me reiterate with more clarity - I....could....care....less....about....girls......soccer......right......now......sorry.....

Buck183

Quote from: Badger on April 11, 2016, 09:01:03 am
::) Wow, Buck183, a little sanctimonious aren't we. You asked a question, and I answered it in good faith even though I did sense you were fishing for some platform.  Do you follow women's professional soccer?  I highly doubt it, so spare us.  Feel free to post whatever results you want, but hopefully, I'm not offending your delicate sensibilities, I'll continue to post 7A boys results exclusively.  Because, let me reiterate with more clarity - I....could....care....less....about....girls......soccer......right......now......sorry.....

Actually I do follow women's professional soccer with my daughter, so I won't spare you.

I'm guessing that your school has a girls team. Why not share the scores with us?  That is my only point. 

Badger

My son attends Little Rock Catholic High School for Boys.  That wasn't your only point, you found an opportunity to get on your soap box to introduce unrelated topics for your own self-serving purpose(s), I guess to make yourself look like you're a humble and caring champion of womens' suffrage, and I'm a self-interested, chauvinistic jerk.  I think I get it, you're likely the only male in a household full of women, so maybe you're just ultrasensitive to perceived slights to women.  I've had some friends and co-workers like that.  However, I'm still scratching my head at what college opportunities or turnout to games have to do with reporting scores on this forum or being a reason to follow girls vs. boys soccer, etc.  BTW, my guess is the reason the Siloam boys don't get a bigger turnout than the girls has more to do with the socioeconomic makeup of the respective teams and the parents' abilities to make games.  Let's be honest, unlike the big boy sports, almost all attendance at high school/club soccer games is family and friends.  Yes, I've been to varsity games at Siloam.  Lastly, I have a daughter on an athletic scholarship at a university I'm pretty sure you're familiar with.  So, I have some idea of the respective opportunities for girls and boys to pursue college athletics.  Let me say this, unless your daughter's name is Elise Reina, Caroline Campbell, etc. don't be expecting much athletic scholarship money for soccer.  Heck, I'm not sure they'll be getting all that much.  My point is, your daughter will get way more money from academic scholarships.

Look, I can tell you're a great dad who loves his daughter, and I wish you the best with your season (both girls and boys) and with her future regardless of whether soccer is in it.  Just don't be expecting me to report her team's scores!  If your boys play a 7A team, I'll get those to you.

One last thing, what cable/satellite company do you have where you can even get women's professional soccer?  I'm just happy to get the EPL and an occasional Champion's League game.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas