• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Post week 4 (Monday, March 28 thru Saturday, April 2nd) results here please!

Started by sevenof400, March 28, 2016, 09:25:37 am

Previous topic - Next topic

sevenof400

Everyone should be in full swing as conference races begin in earnest...please keep those results coming!

Jdhelbig

DeQueen vs Hot Springs tonight at Hot Springs. Should be a tough fought game!

JMBknvc

VB     Vilonia 1 vs  Maumelle 2
VG     Vilonia 0 vs  Maumelle 5

SportsDad

Warren VB 8
Malvern VB 1
(mercy rule in effect entire 2nd half)

Warren VG 4
Malvern VG 0

onewildrice

Coach Sturdivant, Alma

3/29/16 De Queen @ Hot Springs

VG: DQ 6, HS 1. Final.

VB: HS 3, DQ 1. Final.

Hot Springs @ Subiaco Academy Thursday has been cancelled. Next Varsity game for the Trojans will be next Tuesday @ White Hall (5A South Conference Game)

mijally

Quote from: Coach Sturdivant, HS on March 29, 2016, 09:14:08 pm
3/29/16 De Queen @ Hot Springs

VG: DQ 6, HS 1. Final.

VB: HS 3, DQ 1. Final.

Hot Springs travels Thursday to Subiaco Academy for a non conference match.
There's a new sheriff in town.

ARSoccer25

Quote from: mijally on March 29, 2016, 09:33:27 pm
There's a new sheriff in town.

For sure. Well, at least until Gurdon graduates. Kid is a special talent.

Arbitro

VB Monticello 4, Lake Village 2
conference opponents, but not their conference match

Buck183

ninjafighter

Valley View vs Paragould

VG:

Valley View - 6       Paragould - 0

VB:

Valley View - 7       Paragould - 1

The Coach

Green Forest @ Dardanelle

Dardanelle VG 3 GF VG 1

Dardanelle VB 4 GF VB 2

Danville @ Berryville

Berryville VB 6 Danville VB 2

Lionheart88

Lakeside @ White Hall:

VG: White Hall wins 1-0
VB: Lakeside wins 6-0

VHSCoach2

More 5A West:

VB: Clarksville 4, Harrison 1
VG: Harrison 6, Clarksville 1

VB: LRCA 2, Greenbrier 0
VG: LRCA 4, Greenbrier 1

hogbert

Intelligentsia

MDXPHD

Coach Sturdivant, Alma

NWAguy

7A West Boys from Tuesday

Harber 2 Bentonville 0
Heritage 2 Northside 1
Springdale 2 Fayetteville 1
Rogers 3 Southside 1

This is what the paper had so I think it's accurate

sevenof400

Thanks all for these scores - I'm working on getting them posted now.

TDK

Lionheart88

Star City @ White Hall
VG: White Hall 7, Star City 0

SC played the whole game with only 11 girls.  5 of White Hall's 7 goals came from first-year players.  They've got a bright future.  Guys game to come.

Arbitro

Parkview @ Pine Bluff
Parkview 5, Pine Bluff 2

The game was closer than the score indicates.  Three Parkview scores came on an own goal off a corner kick and two muffs by the new PB keeper.  He will improve.

onewildrice

Lionheart88

Quote from: Lionheart88 on March 31, 2016, 06:30:48 pm
Star City @ White Hall
VG: White Hall 7, Star City 0

SC played the whole game with only 11 girls.  5 of White Hall's 7 goals came from first-year players.  They've got a bright future.  Guys game to come.
VB: White Hall 6, Star City 2

White Hall had an incredible comeback.  They were down two early and it looked like it might get ugly, but they had tied it by halftime and ran away with the second half.  Showed a lot of grit and determination.  Until pretty late in the game it was actually pretty even, but once White Hall got to 4-2 you could see the wind leave Star City's sails.

Buck183

Arbitro

ArkHog#7

ArkHog#7

Arbitro

According to Maxpreps, Dardanelle VB beat Bergman 17-0.  Seems a little excessive.

big slop

You might think so, but without knowing the circumstances you can't really make that call can you. The score was 7-0 in the first 5 minutes and dardanelle pulled EVERY starter and upper class player and played strictly the young JV guys. Even put players out of position and restrictions to allow possession and all shots having to come outside of the penalty box. They tried everything in their power NOT to score even so much as to tell players not to shoot. What do you do?

ninjafighter

Valley View @ Batesville:

VG:   VV - 5    Batesville - 0

VB:   VV - 4    Batesville- 0

Badger

Arbitro

Quote from: big slop on April 01, 2016, 10:32:08 pm
You might think so, but without knowing the circumstances you can't really make that call can you.
Which is why I said "seems a little excessive".

I'm happy to hear that they went to great lengths to hold down the score. I'm sad to learn that the talent discrepancy was so great that they weren't very successful doing so.

6aSoccer

Mountain Home Boys over North Little Rock
Jonesboro Boys over West Memphis
Cabot over Marion

MDXPHD

Quote from: big slop on April 01, 2016, 10:32:08 pm
You might think so, but without knowing the circumstances you can't really make that call can you. The score was 7-0 in the first 5 minutes and dardanelle pulled EVERY starter and upper class player and played strictly the young JV guys. Even put players out of position and restrictions to allow possession and all shots having to come outside of the penalty box. They tried everything in their power NOT to score even so much as to tell players not to shoot. What do you do?

Seems like the whole "not shooting or scoring" thing should prevent you from scoring. Not saying they did anything wrong, playing the jv, shuffling positions, etc, is what they should have done and it seems like they handled it correctly. Just don't say they tried everything in their power to not score, because it's very possible to make certain you don't score in soccer. I wouldn't have told my team to not score, I would have done what was mentioned. It's way more humiliating to tell your team to get to the goal, pull the ball back, and play keep away from a team who is extremely inexperienced.

mijally

That excuse is as lame as all the others when coaches run up the score. If they were told not to shoot what happened?  Were there 10 own goals or did the players blow off their coach's instructions?  You maintain possession without scoring.  That's what superior teams do. Play keep away. That's not humiliating anyone. That's closing out the game in soccer. Do that and win 8-0 and everyone sees you dominated. Score 17 and show the whole state what kind of person your coach is.  We go through this in every sport. PA running it up in football. Forrest City pressing late in basketball. It's all unnecessary garbage and always will be.

Lionheart88

04/01 Centerpoint @ Lakeside

VG: Lakeside 7, Centerpoint 0
VB: Lakeside 5, Centerpoint 3

That VB score may be off a bit.  I know Centerpoint closed it to 4-3 at one point, but I think Lakeside put one in late.  They won, at any rate.

CHSKnightsFan

MDXPHD

Quote from: mijally on April 02, 2016, 08:29:11 am
That excuse is as lame as all the others when coaches run up the score. If they were told not to shoot what happened?  Were there 10 own goals or did the players blow off their coach's instructions?  You maintain possession without scoring.  That's what superior teams do. Play keep away. That's not humiliating anyone. That's closing out the game in soccer. Do that and win 8-0 and everyone sees you dominated. Score 17 and show the whole state what kind of person your coach is.  We go through this in every sport. PA running it up in football. Forrest City pressing late in basketball. It's all unnecessary garbage and always will be.

Playing keep away can be seen as very humiliating, if you are pushing the ball up to the forwards in front of the opponents goal, then dropping it all the way back to your defense. I agree that you should maintain possession and not score, just do it the right way. Keep it on your half and play with it.

mijally

Exactly. Don't score. Saw the box score and it said 15 goals in the first half. Don't know if that is accurate but it wouldn't be sportsmanship if it is.

CoachKJ

4/1/16

6A South

Girls - Sheridan 8 LR Parkview 0
Boys - LR Parkview 3 Sheridan 1 (on the field)

However, LR Parkview forfeits the boys game to Sheridan for using ineligible players.

sevenof400

Quote from: CoachKJ on April 04, 2016, 10:05:01 am
4/1/16

6A South

Girls - Sheridan 8 LR Parkview 0
Boys - LR Parkview 3 Sheridan 1 (on the field)

However, LR Parkview forfeits the boys game to Sheridan for using ineligible players.

With the forfeit in mind, and for standings purposes, the score will be recorded Sheridan 3, LR Parkview 0

TDK

Bryant @ Greenwood
VB Bryant 1 Greenwood 0
VG Bryant 4 Greenwood 0

onewildrice

VG
Bentonville 4
Springdale 0

I saw this score on a friends page on FB.

CoachKJ

AAA just ruled on the Parkview & Sheridan boys game from last week. Parkview will get to keep the 3-1 victory.

sevenof400

Quote from: CoachKJ on April 05, 2016, 01:26:04 pm
AAA just ruled on the Parkview & Sheridan boys game from last week. Parkview will get to keep the 3-1 victory.

Oh - kay - flipping that result back to the original 3-1 victory for Parkview. 

Thanks for keeping us updated Coach KJ!

Arbitro

Quote from: CoachKJ on April 05, 2016, 01:26:04 pm
If there are any established facts about the situation I'd be interested to hear more.  The whole situation surprised me because at a game the day before, the Parkview and Pine Bluff coaches asked me (in my capacity as a referee) an eligibility question about a player from a different 6A South team.  I told them that player eligibility was handled through the AAA office and that referees at the field generally do not have any information about specific players (other than the ability to confirm whether a player was on the roster and/or participated in the game.  We are not arbiters of eligibility.  It seemed especially odd that Parkview would be accused of using an ineligible player the following evening.

Jdhelbig

mijally

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas