• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Harrison tournament this weekend cancelled?

Started by Buck183, March 10, 2016, 10:26:21 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Buck183

Hearing they cancelled it....again.   Any truth to this?

Last year they communicated that it was cancelled but still had it without telling certain schools.

Buck

onewildrice

FS Southside was supposed to play in it. We were told it's cancelled.

The Coach

As of this morning it was Not cancelled

Dardanelle is going and they play at 11 Saturday vs Valley View

Sir Alex

The park fields in Harrisin are closed. Some of the teams were going to get together at another site in NWA to play on turf so that everyone got tournament games in but they fell apart.  Yes some teams are playing in Harrison.  As far as last year, similar situation.  Buck, I don't think that you were given the full story.  Now you have it.  Whether you believe or not is up to you.

Colt

Russellville, Harrison, Mtn Home, Dardanelle, Valley View @ Harrison. Others playing at Fayetteville or Southside

Buck183

Quote from: Sir Alex on March 10, 2016, 02:15:41 pm
The park fields in Harrisin are closed. Some of the teams were going to get together at another site in NWA to play on turf so that everyone got tournament games in but they fell apart.  Yes some teams are playing in Harrison.  As far as last year, similar situation.  Buck, I don't think that you were given the full story.  Now you have it.  Whether you believe or not is up to you.

That story I got was that it was cancelled. The reason for my scepticism is justified.  They told us it was cancelled last year too. I saw the communication myself. What they failed to communicate was the fact that they were still having it and Siloam was no longer invited. The reason made sense. It was obviously due to not being able to play on the grass fields because of rain. What I didn't care for was the misleading part of the wording. Telling one school it's cancelled and telling the rest to come is crap anyway you look at it.  Telling that school that they need to cut them due to weather and the rest are still playing is acceptable. 

What I'm seeing plain as day is the fact that they have wasted our time two years in a row scheduling us in this tournament but not actually getting to play in it.  It's obviously time to look at other options that won't cancel every year and waste the team's time. 

Buck

Sir Alex

Quote from: Buck183 on March 10, 2016, 06:02:19 pm
That story I got was that it was cancelled. The reason for my scepticism is justified.  They told us it was cancelled last year too. I saw the communication myself. What they failed to communicate was the fact that they were still having it and Siloam was no longer invited. The reason made sense. It was obviously due to not being able to play on the grass fields because of rain. What I didn't care for was the misleading part of the wording. Telling one school it's cancelled and telling the rest to come is crap anyway you look at it.  Telling that school that they need to cut them due to weather and the rest are still playing is acceptable. 

What I'm seeing plain as day is the fact that they have wasted our time two years in a row scheduling us in this tournament but not actually getting to play in it.  It's obviously time to look at other options that won't cancel every year and waste the team's time. 

Buck

You are exactly right.  You should probably host a tournament over in Siloam or go somewhere else.  Since we will be in same conference next year, I don't think anyone really wants to play three times in one year.  By the way, I highly doubt that Coach Jones shared any correspondence with you unless you are an administrator from Siloam Springs.

Buck183

Quote from: Sir Alex on March 10, 2016, 06:33:47 pm
You are exactly right.  You should probably host a tournament over in Siloam or go somewhere else.  Since we will be in same conference next year, I don't think anyone really wants to play three times in one year.  By the way, I highly doubt that Coach Jones shared any correspondence with you unless you are an administrator from Siloam Springs.

You would be wrong. I've known Chuck for over 15 years.  He would and did. 

FutbolPhan

Conway Public Schools Athletics Facebook Page reports that "The boys soccer tournament in Harrison has been cancelled". This was the case last year for Conway as well.

in addition, the same page states that "The girls soccer team will not be playing in the tournament in Cabot this weekend.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas