• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bald Knob Schools

Started by Head Lion, March 05, 2017, 02:51:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Head Lion

Kudos to you & your community for hosting a first class event. I have been going to the state tournaments since the mid 70S & y'all did as well as I have ever seen. Thanks from me & Manila Public Schools.

Lrbasketballguru

I agree. Very hospitable people and a very efficient tournament. Thanks a million bulldogs!

Central AR

So so true. Such friendly workers and having those buses get people to the gym was a great idea. I know they made a lot of money off this and they will surely bid again next next if you're allowed to have it back to back years.

Fatbackhawgballz

Great job Bald Knob! Your school was a great host.

frederick lee

GREAT TOUNAMENT BALD KNOB!!!! Heard everyone volunteered to do what they were doing. Great job.

BB4Life

Everything ran so smoothly. Everyone was so friendly and helpful.  Great job bald knob!!!!

Redwolves8526

Late on this, but I know that they hosted the 4A state tournament the year Dumas (who was originally supposed to host) got hit by a bad Tornado. 2007 maybe? Either way, they took that tournament on extremely short notice and did a phenomenal job. Glad to see they got to host again!

Jimbo Morphis

I've heard how nice their school is, did they have financial troubles a few years ago? Somewhere up there did and the town raised the money they needed.

emceedd

Midland, about 15 miles up the road (167),had financial troubles but the community came together to help out.

Skip Baymore

March 14, 2017, 12:03:26 am #9 Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 12:26:31 am by Skip Baymore
Quote from: Oldman on March 13, 2017, 02:53:48 pm
I've heard how nice their school is, did they have financial troubles a few years ago? Somewhere up there did and the town raised the money they needed.

It was B.K. Oldman and they were dangerously on the verge of having to shut down.  Money was raised/contributed/etc. from B.K. and all around the area.  All the Searcy schools, including private H.A.  had fund raisers to help.  B.K. has a great community and school.  Didn't attend any of the tournament but not surprised if they were real good hosts for it.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas