• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2021 Famous and Infamous Earthly Exits

Started by Brian G, December 31, 2020, 01:34:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian G

2020 was particularly tough.

Hoping 2021 is a shorter list.

HorseFeathers

bleudog

Maynard G Krebs

bleudog

bleudog

RATTLER43

Overdahill

Maynard G Krebs

May 14, 2021, 08:05:14 am #17 Last Edit: May 14, 2021, 08:34:02 am by Maynard G Krebs
Don Dyer, legendary basketball coach.  Gave Scottie Pippen the opportunity to play ball in  college

https://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2021/may/13/don-dyer-hall-fame-coach-henderson-state-uca-dies-/

Brian G

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on May 30, 2021, 05:35:00 pm
https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/29/entertainment/singer-bj-thomas-death/index.html

B J Thomas, age 78
I saw him in concert around 1970 in the old Barnhill Arena on the UA campus.  "Raindrops keep falling on my head" was the big song.

I was 7 years old and it was my first concert.

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: B.G. on May 31, 2021, 02:42:35 pmI saw him in concert around 1970 in the old Barnhill Arena on the UA campus.  "Raindrops keep falling on my head" was the big song.

Quote from: B.G. on May 31, 2021, 02:42:35 pmI saw him in concert around 1970 in the old Barnhill Arena on the UA campus.  "Raindrops keep falling on my head" was the big song.

Heard you on the Buzz this morning?

Brian G

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on June 01, 2021, 08:46:49 pmHeard you on the Buzz this morning?
Not me.

I've yet to make onto that show or many others yet.  I've not got that famous yet even after being the scoreboard guy for 14 years or so.

Maynard G Krebs

June 08, 2021, 09:11:32 am #22 Last Edit: June 08, 2021, 11:48:22 am by Maynard G Krebs

RATTLER43

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on June 08, 2021, 09:11:32 amJohn McDonnell, aged 82.
Legendary UA track coach

https://arkansasrazorbacks.com/legendary-arkansas-track-field-coach-john-mcdonnell-passes-away/

Legendary is actually an understatement for this man although there is not much more that he could be called.   Great man, great coach, great Razorback leader of men.

Lumberjackfan1978

HorseFeathers

Phil Collins....Long time football coach in a lot of River Valley area High Schools passed earlier this week...Pretty sure he had stops at Magazine, Dardanelle, Danville, WYC, Pottsville, Ozark & Russellville plus several others over a 40 year career...

Maynard G Krebs

July 28, 2021, 06:05:29 pm #26 Last Edit: July 30, 2021, 01:40:00 pm by Maynard G Krebs
ZZ Top's Dusty Hill, age 72.  Headed for LaGrange

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/dusty-hill-zz-top-bassist-dead

Maynard G Krebs

50Yarder

Former Patriots receiver David Patten dies in motorcycle crash

Overdahill

bleudog

bleudog

Maynard G Krebs

Sad to lose such a nice guy.

JAMES "JAY" C. JONES, Jr,Arkansas Democrat-Gazette
Nov 24, 2021

61, of Sherwood, Ark., passed away at his home on Friday, November 19, 2021.

Jay is preceded in death by his parents, Carthal and Patsy. He is survived by his wife of five years, Vicki; sister Lynn Burnett (Bill) of Austin and son Zachary Jones of Jacksonville; as well as step-children, Andrew Hinkson (Emily) and Matthew Hinkson; nephews, Bryan Floyd (Haley) and Jarod Floyd (Sarah) and a niece, Lindsay Floyd. He has numerous other family members: aunts, uncles, cousins, great-nieces and nephews and a step-grandson. He had several lifelong friends who he was able to share his life accomplishments with, along with good times and laughter.

The Arkansas Razorbacks coursed though Jay's blood. He went to his first Razorback football game when his Mom was seven months pregnant with him. Later, he had fond memories of going to games with his parents and sitting on his Dad's lap cheering on the team. He could recall the smell of gas fumes as he went through the parking lot of the team buses holding each of his parents hands.

Jay's other love was baseball. He started in little league and played for nearly 30 years. His father was the inspiration for that love and coached him many years. He loved the St. Louis Cardinals and he and his wife named their English Bulldog, Mo; short for his favorite Cardinal player, Yadier Molina.

Jay began announcing football games before he graduated high school. This led him to a long career of announcing high school sports ending 40 years later when he retired from being the voice of the PA Bruins of Little Rock in 2016. Jay credited his love for radio announcing to Jack Buck, voice of the St. Louis Cardinals.

Jay's final job was at DHS where he met his wife, Vicki, and made numerous friends while there. He loved doing Karaoke, fishing, playing his guitar, hanging out with friends and watching sports. He loved bluegrass, a good steak, John Wayne classics and old time country music, the likes of George Jones and Johnny Cash amongst others. He loved history and one of his favorite trips with his wife was to Boston.

Jay wasn't a stranger to anyone. His nickname to many was Jay bird. He was a kind soul and true gentleman.

Visitation will be Friday, November 26, 2021, from 11-1, at Griffin Leggett Rest Hills in Sherwood with a service to follow.

Cabotfan

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on November 24, 2021, 08:41:38 amJAMES "JAY" C. JONES, Jr,Arkansas Democrat-Gazette
Nov 24, 2021

Thanks for posting this. Truly nice guy!!

Maynard G Krebs

Michael Nesmith, musician, singer, songwriter, producer and member of the Monkees ( you know, the one with the toboggan).  As an aside, his mother invented Liquid Paper.

https://www.aol.com/entertainment/monkees-mike-nesmith-dies-age-201448344.html

bleudog

bleudog

Brian G

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas