• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2019 3A Region 1 Tournament at Mountain View

Started by Uncle Tupelo, February 13, 2019, 11:27:45 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Uncle Tupelo

February 13, 2019, 11:27:45 am Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 11:36:43 am by Uncle Tupelo
Post info and scores here.

AT

We know the teams coming from the 3A-1W, just not the seeding:

Boys:
Elkins
Charleston
Waldron
West Fork

Girls:
Charleston
Lincoln
West Fork
Elkins

Hitman Warrior23

Quote from: Almatrackster on February 13, 2019, 06:34:03 pm
We know the teams coming from the 3A-1W, just not the seeding:

Boys:
Elkins
Charleston
Waldron
West Fork

Girls:
Charleston
Lincoln
West Fork
Elkins

There will be a pretty darn good girl's team left out.

NEABBALLFAN03

Teams out of the 3A-1E without seeding:

Boys:

Valley Springs
Clinton
Bergman
Marshall

Girls:

Mt. View
Valley Springs
Bergman
Clinton

AT

3A-1W Seeds:

Girls
1. Charleston
2. Lincoln
3. Elkins
4. West Fork

Boys
1. Charleston
2. Elkins
3. Waldron
4. West Fork

Bergman1820

My predicted winner in Bold.

Girls
1. Charleston vs #4 Clinton
2. Lincoln vs #3 Bergman
3. Elkins vs #2 Mt. View
4. West Fork vs #1 Valley Springs

Boys
1. Charleston vs #4 Marshall
2. Elkins vs #3 Bergman
3. Waldron vs #2 Clinton

AT

I know picking Bergman might be a given for you, but this Elkins team is good. Would be interested to see how they match up with Bergman. I agree with all of your other picks.

Bergman1820

Quote from: Almatrackster on February 16, 2019, 09:43:08 pm
I know picking Bergman might be a given for you, but this Elkins team is good. Would be interested to see how they match up with Bergman. I agree with all of your other picks.

Yes that is my homer pick. I do believe Elkins probably has the upper hand. I'm hoping Bergman plays a complete game like I have seen them do a few times this season. They will have to if they want to advance.

AT

Quote from: Bergman1820 on February 16, 2019, 09:49:21 pm
Yes that is my homer pick. I do believe Elkins probably has the upper hand. I'm hoping Bergman plays a complete game like I have seen them do a few times this season. They will have to if they want to advance.

I wish these games were closer than Mountain View for me, would love to see that Elkins-Bergman game. Oh well, that's how it falls some years.

KellyGreen

Should be alot of fun.  Congrats to all the teams advancing.

beach bum

The #1 and #3 seeds advance from the boys side   ..... Bergman over Elkins AND Waldron over Clinton

Hitman Warrior23

Quote from: Bergman1820 on February 16, 2019, 09:42:00 pm
My predicted winner in Bold.

Girls
1. Charleston vs #4 Clinton
2. Lincoln vs #3 Bergman
3. Elkins vs #2 Mt. View

Boys
1. Charleston vs #4 Marshall
2. Elkins vs #3 Bergman
3. Waldron vs #2 Clinton

didnt get to risky there,  Ha  just having fun.

Bergman1820

AT

February 18, 2019, 06:03:17 pm #14 Last Edit: February 23, 2019, 11:34:12 pm by Almatrackster
3A 1 Regional Games and Times @ Mountain View

Wednesday, February 20th
(Girls) - Valley Springs - 48 vs. West Fork - 23
(Boys) - Valley Springs - 61 vs. West Fork - 43
(Girls) - Charleston - 55 vs. Clinton - 37
(Boys) - Charleston - 68 vs. Marshall - 36

Thursday, February 21st
(Girls) - Lincoln - 59 vs. Bergman - 49
(Boys) - Elkins - 65 vs. Bergman - 63
(Girls) - Mountain View - 63 vs. Elkins - 41
(Boys) - Clinton - 53 vs. Waldron - 56

Friday, February 22nd
(Girls) - Valley Springs - 46 vs. Lincoln - 33
(Boys) - Valley Springs - 55 vs. Elkins - 51
(Girls) - Charleston - 43 vs. Mountain View - 56
(Boys) - Charleston - 53 vs. Waldron - 71

Saturday, February 23rd
(Girls) - Lincoln - 52 vs. Charleston - 58
(Boys) - Elkins - 47 vs. Charleston - 58
(Girls) - Valley Springs - 62 vs. Mountain View - 66
(Boys) - Valley Springs - 60 vs. Waldron - 43

fbhound

Quote from: Almatrackster on February 16, 2019, 10:18:16 pm
I wish these games were closer than Mountain View for me, would love to see that Elkins-Bergman game. Oh well, that's how it falls some years.
Just how does a town, Mountain View, get to host the tournament and a lot of schools in the west and northwest have to travel a LONG way?
Is this decided a year in advance, regardless if Mountain View has a good team of not?
You'd think the AAA might consider a more neutral site, about the same distances (+/- 50 miles) for all teams, considering Mountain View is a neutral site supposedly. Something is not fair. Some 3A West schools will either have to go back home and then back to Mountain View if they win OR the team will have to STAY at the site and hopefully get to study a little bit and get some sleep and not be SO tired with travel fatigue..
What am I missing here? I am sure it is simple and is occurring in 4A-7A also perhaps. Stand by for now ......

bobcats

Quote from: fbhound on February 18, 2019, 07:47:32 pm
Just how does a town, Mountain View, get to host the tournament and a lot of schools in the west and northwest have to travel a LONG way?
Is this decided a year in advance, regardless if Mountain View has a good team of not?
You'd think the AAA might consider a more neutral site, about the same distances (+/- 50 miles) for all teams, considering Mountain View is a neutral site supposedly. Something is not fair. Some 3A West schools will either have to go back home and then back to Mountain View if they win OR the team will have to STAY at the site and hopefully get to study a little bit and get some sleep and not be SO tired with travel fatigue..
What am I missing here? I am sure it is simple and is occurring in 4A-7A also perhaps. Stand by for now ......

Welcome to what the 3A-1E and the 3 had been dealing with for years.  Head Lion loved driving to Yellville, Mtn View or Bergman.

teachers pet

Schools bid on tournaments and less and less schools are bidding because AAA makes all the money( except for concessions)

AT

I know what you are saying, think about Charleston...

7:00 PM and 8:30 games on school nights in Mountain View. Ouch

Basketballfan13

Schools bid on it and the AAA will decide, but typically it switches from one conferences hosting it to the other each year...so more than likely the other conference will hold it next year and it'll will just depend on which schools bid on it on that side as to where it'll be.

Head Lion

Quote from: bobcats on February 18, 2019, 08:06:09 pm
Welcome to what the 3A-1E and the 3 had been dealing with for years.  Head Lion loved driving to Yellville, Mtn View or Bergman.
please let us come back, y'all can have tournament 6 out of every 10 & 1 of our 4 times will always be Hoxie(closest school to y'all)🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼

3 Dollar

Predictions:

Girls:
1.  Charleston
2.  Valley Springs
3.  Mountainview
4.  Bergman

Boys:
1.  Valley Springs
2.  Charleston
3.  Elkins
4.  Waldron

KellyGreen

10 different schools represented in this Regional with obviously 9 traveling.  Below are their drive times per Google Maps from home campus to Mt. View campus.
            HR:Min
Lincoln: 3:51
Charleston: 3:27
Waldron: 3:25
West Fork: 3:22
Elkins: 3:04
Bergman: 1:54
Valley: 1:29
Clinton: :55
Marshall: :54

I don't envy the schools from the west and that travel time at all.  For comparison if the 1E was still matched with the 3, Valley Springs to Trumann High campus is showing 3:36 and to Osceola it's showing 4:15. 

southharrison17

Does anybody have any predictions on the first round games or maybe a hot take ?

bobcats

On the boys side I would expect the 1 and 2 seeds to win.

ZoneBuster

Since the AAA is getting basically all the money, they could truly go neutral and change the regional format up. Play the individual matchups at a semi equidistant neutral school. For example VS and WF could play at Huntsville, Clinton and Charleston could play at Pottsville, etc.

southharrison17

Quote from: ZoneBuster on February 19, 2019, 08:28:13 pm
Since the AAA is getting basically all the money, they could truly go neutral and change the regional format up. Play the individual matchups at a semi equidistant neutral school. For example VS and WF could play at Huntsville, Clinton and Charleston could play at Pottsville, etc.
I don't think that would work lol

ZoneBuster

Quote from: southharrison17 on February 19, 2019, 10:55:19 pm
I don't think that would work lol

Why not? Texas does something similar to that, I believe. Teams don't play in the playoffs at home. Would eliminate the 3+ hour drives for teams and take away home court advantage factor.

teachers pet

Texas does neutral site playoff games. They also have 2 divisions in each class so smaller 3A schools don't have to compete against larger 3A schools.

RedWolf275

I say leave it alone. Whenever the AAA starts redoing things it usually ends up being a mess, such as the combined conference fiasco!

AT

Girls 2nd Quarter

Valley Springs - 11
West Fork - 6

KellyGreen

AT

Girls 4th Quarter

Valley Springs - 38
West Fork - 16

KellyGreen

AT

Girls Final

Valley Springs - 48
West Fork - 23

Valley Springs will be at the state tournament!

AT

Boys 2nd Quarter

Valley Springs - 12
West Fork - 11

AT

Boys 3rd Quarter

Valley Springs - 20
West Fork - 18

KellyGreen

AT

Boys 4th Quarter

Valley Springs - 43
West Fork - 33

KellyGreen

AT

AT

Girls 2nd Quarter

Charleston - 34
Clinton - 14

AT

Girls 4th Quarter

Charleston - 44
Clinton - 29

Bergman1820

Anyone know what station carries the Marshall Bobcat games?

AT

Girls Final

Charleston - 55
Clinton - 37

Charleston punches a ticket to the state tournament!

AT

Boys 2nd Quarter

Charleston - 15
Marshall - 13

AT

Boys 3rd Quarter

Charleston - 31
Marshall - 20

AT

Boys 4th Quarter

Charleston - 50
Marshall - 26

AT

Boys Final

Charleston - 68
Marshall - 36

Charleston follows their lady counterparts in punching their ticket to the state tournament.

AT

Quote from: Almatrackster on February 18, 2019, 06:03:17 pm
3A 1 Regional Games and Times @ Mountain View

Wednesday, February 20th
(Girls) - Valley Springs - 48 vs. West Fork - 23
(Boys) - Valley Springs - 61 vs. West Fork - 43
(Girls) - Charleston - 55 vs. Clinton - 37
(Boys) - Charleston - 68 vs. Marshall - 36

Thursday, February 21st
4:00 PM (Girls) - Lincoln vs. Bergman
5:30 PM (Boys) - Elkins vs. Bergman
7:00 PM (Girls) - Mountain View vs. Elkins
8:30 PM (Boys) - Clinton vs. Waldron

Friday, February 22nd
4:00 PM (Girls) - Valley Springs vs. Winner of Lincoln/Bergman
5:30 PM (Boys) - Valley Springs vs. Winner of Elkins/Bergman
7:00 PM (Girls) - Charleston vs. Winner of Mountain View/Elkins
8:30 PM (Boys) - Charleston vs. Winner of Clinton/Waldron

Saturday, February 23rd
12:00 Noon (Girls) - Loser of (Valley Springs vs. Winner of Lincoln/Bergman) vs. Loser of (Charleston vs. Winner of Mountain View/Elkins
1:30 PM (Boys) - Loser of (Valley Springs vs. Winner of Elkins/Bergman) vs. Loser of (Charleston vs. Winner of Clinton/Waldron
6:00 PM (Girls) - Winner of (Valley Springs vs. Winner of Lincoln/Bergman) vs. Winner of (Charleston vs. Winner of Mountain View/Elkins)
7:00 PM (Boys) - Winner of (Valley Springs vs. Winner of Elkins/Bergman) vs. Winner of (Charleston vs. Winner of Clinton/Waldron)

Here's the bracket after Day 1.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas