• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Any Good Matchups this week?

Started by FaceInTheCrowd, January 22, 2019, 08:18:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

FaceInTheCrowd

Flobbito

January 22, 2019, 08:50:35 am #1 Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 09:04:20 am by Flobbito
Quote from: FaceInTheCrowd on January 22, 2019, 08:18:15 am
Any big games this week?

Westside v Concord is a big one tonight. I don't know if Gentry is healthy, if not I think it will be 3 losses in a row for Westside; they are not the same without her. This matchup on the boys side isn't quite as meaningful.

MVE boys have a chance to shore up the #1 spot in conference of they can beat Sacred Heart today (away) and Timbo on Thursday (home). Sacred Heart is coming on strong right now, and their place is a tough place to play. if they split this week and win next week at home against Guy (who by the way has much improved since the Holiday break, Teas must have started wearing denim) then they will tie Timbo for first. If they lose both then they are locked at second.

For MVE girls they have to win out to keep third in district, the only way they could improve that standing is if Concord drops tonight's game and loses to either Sacred Heart or Guy. I don't see any of those things happening.  If Concord girls do lose one of the next three, and MVE girls win out they would be tied for second, I'm not sure how seeding is determined as tie breaks are concerned; overall record?  Regardless, yeah these last three conference games are meaningful, all of them.

Weiser

Timbo @ MVE is Thursday January 24, 2018 @ 5 PM JB, SG, & SB, per the schedule.

Flobbito

Quote from: Weiser on January 22, 2019, 08:54:56 am
Timbo @ MVE is Thursday January 24, 2018 @ 5 PM JB, SG, & SB, per the schedule.

So it is, I just assumed this week was Tuesday/Friday per the norm.

Weiser

Quote from: Flobbito on January 22, 2019, 08:57:31 am
So it is, I just assumed this week was Tuesday/Friday per the norm.

I did also until corrected by others.  Did not want any one to miss the games.

BasketballNeverStops

Halftime
Sr. Girls
West Side-26
Concord-23

BasketballNeverStops

Sr. Girls Final
Concord-57 (18-6, 11-3)
West Side-45 (23-7, 8-6)

arstatechamp13

Westside boys up 33-24 Over concord at half

Flobbito

I left at the half, MVE Sr. girls were up 40-11 at Sacred Heart.

arstatechamp13

Sports Loser

I'm impressed that she didn't show up complaining about the refs or home cooking or something.  Maybe some things have changed. 

BallHawk225

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas