• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Question to all the 5A posters moving to the 4A this cycle in all other sports

Started by Go Postal, January 18, 2019, 11:06:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Go Postal

Not only do we got to learn about districts and regionals before we even go to the playoffs but does it overall seem to be weird.  I mean that you have some of the best football towns from the 5A are now in the 4A for all other sports and some of the best 5A boys and girls soccer teams are now playing in the 4A.  The problem is that a lot of the old larger 5A school's athletes play some multisports that some 4A schools might not have.  Plus they have the facilities for training that some 4A teams might not have.
This is nothing to take away the great talent that the 4A has to offer in other sports but it seems that there is more of a change in all other sports than football.  Football might have 1 or 2 teams move up or down for a cycle but this season it seems that all other sports has multiple teams, for instance, in the old 5A West, Morrilton, Harrison, Farmington, Clarksville, Huntsville have moved down in conferences and that's not even talking about private schools coming from a higher conference to the 4A
Your insight and comments are greatly appreciated.

The_Pioneer

Its definitely taking some getting used to.  You see a bigger difference in mentality from 4A to 5A.  5A, its a lot more about who can play and perform.  In some of these smaller towns, you see a lot more of "what family you're in" and whatnot than we are used to in 5A.   Another thing I see is something I remember from when Nettleton moved up to 5A several years ago.  They brought their basketball team over and i bet they had 25 players dressed out.  Ten or more had to sit in the stands with the fans.  You don't see that in bigger schools.  You only brought the players that were going to play/help you.  Can't say that I'm bothered by the 4/5A splits.  Much less travel involved and some new rivalries can form this way. 

cannon

Quote from: The_Pioneer on January 19, 2019, 01:28:25 pmAnother thing I see is something I remember from when Nettleton moved up to 5A several years ago.  They brought their basketball team over and i bet they had 25 players dressed out.  Ten or more had to sit in the stands with the fans.  You don't see that in bigger schools.  You only brought the players that were going to play/help you.

Batesville's girls dress out at least 23, possibly more than 25, and have for as long as I've been watching them.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas