• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Post Season Bids....

Started by baller334, January 06, 2019, 02:28:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

baller334

J12

I think the board meets this up coming Saturday to decide.

teachers pet

I believe the decisions are made this Thursday.

baller334

Livewire

Hope Brookland bids on Regional. They did an excellent job hosting State last year and they have a fairly good chance making it to Regionals this year.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Livewire on January 07, 2019, 10:52:04 am
Hope Brookland bids on Regional. They did an excellent job hosting State last year and they have a fairly good chance making it to Regionals this year.
Thanks,
I believe we will, but I haven't heard anything yet.

wait4it

I think Mena is hosting the South Region

baller334

4A State Bids-  Harrison and Magnolia

baller334

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on January 07, 2019, 11:46:40 am
Thanks,
I believe we will, but I haven't heard anything yet.

Brookland, Highland, Pulaski Academy
That's the bid on the 4A East Region

(((Subi2Sweet)))

I believe last year that Pottsville tried to put in last year to host either Regionals or State at Russellville's gym. Not sure if they are going to do this again.

Gray lizard

I for one would like to see region and state in central Arkansas this year.  I have driven to three corners of the State the last three years.
I have heard nothing about the North region.

HorseFeathers

January 09, 2019, 11:29:14 am #11 Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 11:40:17 am by HorseFeathers
Quote from: Gray lizard on January 09, 2019, 10:41:57 am
I for one would like to see region and state in central Arkansas this year.  I have driven to three corners of the State the last three years.
I have heard nothing about the North region.

Morrilton hosting

Gray lizard

I see AAA has the sites listed.  Where the heck is TBD, AR.  It must be in SE Arkansas that is the only corner I have not driven to.

bluegrassboy75

Quote from: Gray lizard on January 09, 2019, 03:35:04 pm
I see AAA has the sites listed.  Where the heck is TBD, AR.  It must be in SE Arkansas that is the only corner I have not driven to.

Do you have a link?  I cannot find it on their site.  I know I'm just looking in the wrong place.

Thanks in advance.

Gray lizard

Quote from: bluegrassboy75 on January 09, 2019, 04:03:14 pm
Do you have a link?  I cannot find it on their site.  I know I'm just looking in the wrong place.

Thanks in advance.
To be determined just messing around.
go to the sports tab and look under basketball.  It should be posted soon.

Livewire

Harrison is hosting their (4A-1) district tournament. Will that have any impact , for or against, them in the bid for state?

Googlymoogly

Quote from: Livewire on January 09, 2019, 06:36:18 pm
Harrison is hosting their (4A-1) district tournament. Will that have any impact , for or against, them in the bid for state?
Nope. It has been done before

J12

Disappointed that Valley View didn't bid on anything. They probably have as nice or nicer gym than Brookland with more seating.

It's by far the nicest gym in NEA.

Runnin With The Pack

IDK if it's quite as nice as Brookland's facility, but it is very nice and definitely bigger.  Blazer Arena seats 3,000 and is the largest high school facility in NEA.  But they don't want to host anything but VB tournaments, for some reason.

3 Dollar

BIDS

State:
Harrison, Magnolia, Morrilton

Region:
North - Morrilton
East - Brookland, Highland, Pulaski Academy
South - Mena

We'll know in a couple hours!!!   8)

J12

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas