• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Does anybody know this Greg White guy that’s crowing about a shot clock at High School level

Started by SackAttack, December 31, 2018, 04:09:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SackAttack

Who is this guy?? Credentials?? Is he somebody or just a guy with a great opinion of himself? Is he a championship caliber guy??

Bigleague

I've seen this guy on Twitter. I'm not sure what classification he coaches at but he is really wanting a shot clock for some reason. I've watched a lot of basketball and I've only seen a team try to hold the ball a hand full of times. It actually made the game interesting for me to watch. See what the other coach was going to try to do to prevent this. As you know, the other team can prevent this. Or maybe he is just happy where the score is at. Actually makes it more fun for me.

SackAttack

Quote from: Bigleague on December 31, 2018, 04:33:01 pm
I've seen this guy on Twitter. I'm not sure what classification he coaches at but he is really wanting a shot clock for some reason. I've watched a lot of basketball and I've only seen a team try to hold the ball a hand full of times. It actually made the game interesting for me to watch. See what the other coach was going to try to do to prevent this. As you know, the other team can prevent this. Or maybe he is just happy where the score is at. Actually makes it more fun for me.
Well Sack was just wondering because all of Sacks followers know Sack knows everybody and Sack knows a lot of you know Sack means and you can always ask Sack to find out! And Sack agrees with you! Sack can appreciate a 40-38 defensive wit matching game as much as a 84-83 double overtime thriller where the coaches just turn them boys loose but few are as well rounded as Sack is others only wish they were

Moonshiner

sevenof400

Quote from: SackAttack on December 31, 2018, 04:46:09 pm
Well Sack was just wondering because all of Sacks followers know Sack knows everybody and Sack knows a lot of you know Sack means and you can always ask Sack to find out! And Sack agrees with you! Sack can appreciate a 40-38 defensive wit matching game as much as a 84-83 double overtime thriller where the coaches just turn them boys loose but few are as well rounded as Sack is others only wish they were

Bigleague

J.D.

SackAttack

Quote from: Bigleague on December 31, 2018, 05:38:40 pm
If sack don't know him. That tells me one thing. Not very important
You can rest assured that Sack will be doing Sacks research but you probably right bigleague! He's probably a guy that would like to be a little Sackesque but can't be

HorseFeathers

Greg White = BentonVille West Head Coach

He's also been at Gravatte, Sacred Heart, Caddo hills, Shiloh Christian and a Spring Dale Junior high school, per the bio in the newspaper article I found on him...

Bigleague

Sports Loser

Brian G

Was the asst at Springdale when they lost to NLR in the state finals about 5 years ago.

beach bum

Shot clock some revolutionary thing? Is it 2019 or naw? Maybe it's 1989 & I just don't know it?

SackAttack

Quote from: beach bum on January 01, 2019, 05:01:25 pm
Shot clock some revolutionary thing? Is it 2019 or naw? Maybe it's 1989 & I just don't know it?
I'm saying it might carry a little more weight if somebody besides a career.500 coach and a guy with an opinion(you) got behind it!! What's your valid argument for the affirmative?? Oh let me guess fan entertainment!!! You aren't very Sackesque in your debate!! He's a sub .500 coach! Zero clout!!

theflash10

Shot clock will be implemented within the next couple years. Several tournaments have tested it over the holiday break. It doesn't do a whole lot to the gameplay, actually saw very few violations. The main thing it will impact is end of quarter situations. .

MDXPHD

Quote from: SackAttack on January 01, 2019, 05:47:01 pm
I'm saying it might carry a little more weight if somebody besides a career.500 coach and a guy with an opinion(you) got behind it!! What's your valid argument for the affirmative?? Oh let me guess fan entertainment!!! You aren't very Sackesque in your debate!! He's a sub .500 coach! Zero clout!!

A lot more than this want it. That's why you're seeing it at several tournaments this season. Not only would it make it better for fans, but it will help kids who are going to play in college adjust better. I've seen several games where a coach is just outmanned and holds the ball for a few minutes on each possession.

Ctucker

Quote from: MDXPHD on January 02, 2019, 11:59:12 am
A lot more than this want it. That's why you're seeing it at several tournaments this season. Not only would it make it better for fans, but it will help kids who are going to play in college adjust better. I've seen several games where a coach is just outmanned and holds the ball for a few minutes on each possession.
.  What's wrong with that! If the team that has them out maned why don't they do something about the team holding ball?

sevenof400

Quote from: Ctucker on January 02, 2019, 12:18:37 pm
.  What's wrong with that! If the team that has them out maned why don't they do something about the team holding ball?

We're afraid to play defense, Bluto...we might have to make an effort....

Ctucker

SackAttack

Quote from: sevenof400 on January 02, 2019, 12:38:32 pm
Exactly my point!! Coaches over the years are becoming lazier and lazier so let's change the rules to help me when I have more firepower! Don't let me manipulate the time when I have a short bench or a player out sick or hurt or slow momentum or handle foul situations! Yeah let's change the rules to help the 2% of kids that go on play college ball and 50% of that 2 % drop after their first year! Sacks lesson in methametrics free of charge! Class dismissed

FromTheBench

If the shot clock is introduced fine.. If the shot clock is not, fine.. I just pray high school basketball never gets a rule such as targeting!

Flobbito

More than once I have seen a team lose because they started to stall and the defense ratcheted up the pressure to get turnovers.  Stall ball works well against bad defensive teams, but not against good back court defenders.

SackAttack

Quote from: FromTheBench on January 02, 2019, 01:58:52 pm
If the shot clock is introduced fine.. If the shot clock is not, fine.. I just pray high school basketball never gets a rule such as targeting!
Agree with the targeting rule! Let's outlaw taking charges because of damage to bruised coccyx bones

MDXPHD

Quote from: sevenof400 on January 02, 2019, 12:38:32 pm

Right...I don't think that's the issue I'm speaking about.

Quote from: Ctucker on January 02, 2019, 12:18:37 pm

They would, but only to an extent. A team can be outmanned and still drain the clock more than 35 seconds on each possession.

Since you want answers as to why one should be implemented, could you enlighten me on why one should not be?

FromTheBench

Quote from: SackAttack on January 02, 2019, 02:42:11 pm
Agree with the targeting rule! Let's outlaw taking charges because of damage to bruised coccyx bones

Some have outlawed them willingly. It is becoming a lost art.

Brian G

Quote from: SackAttack on January 02, 2019, 01:00:53 pm
Exactly my point!! Coaches over the years are becoming lazier and lazier so let's change the rules to help me when I have more firepower! Don't let me manipulate the time when I have a short bench or a player out sick or hurt or slow momentum or handle foul situations! Yeah let's change the rules to help the 2% of kids that go on play college ball and 50% of that 2 % drop after their first year! Sacks lesson in methametrics free of charge! Class dismissed

So.....

Why is there a playclock in football? 

Why are baseball games played with time limits?

Im not a hard advocate for the clock, but im with HS hoops every day.  It is going to happen.

Now.... this discussion is already being had right here:

http://www.fearlessfriday.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=156067.0

So im lokcing this thread for now and you can read the other thread and carry on there.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas