• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SEMIFINALS - Junction City @ Foreman

Started by bleudog, November 29, 2018, 09:08:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bleudog

dragondad

Bleu,  I haven't talked to Pump..... are we streaming this game?

bleudog

Quote from: dragondad on November 29, 2018, 09:12:02 am
Bleu,  I haven't talked to Pump..... are we streaming this game?

I would assume so, weather and/or press-box space permitting. 

bleudog

November 29, 2018, 09:23:05 am #3 Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 10:24:51 am by bleudog

dragondad

Quote from: bleudog on November 29, 2018, 09:18:51 am
I would assume so, weather and/or press-box space permitting.

I know we paid the fee to do so, just havent heard.  I'll message him

Monsta

dragondad

Quote from: Monsta on November 29, 2018, 09:52:50 am
Why did the other thread get deleted?

Probably because of you bashing the Dragons.

bleudog

LaLaLand projections:

2A PLAYOFFS
Mount Ida (AR) at Hazen (AR), 7:00pm   [projection: Hazen (AR) 31-20]
Junction City (AR) at Foreman (AR), 7:00pm   [projection: Junction City (AR) 31-17]

http://www.calpreps.com/cgi-bin/2018/weekview.pl?week=Arkansas_13

bleudog

Hooties prediction:

Junction City at FOREMAN (4): See Game of the Week.

HOOTENS.COM GAME OF THE WEEK
No. 3 Junction City at No. 1 Foreman
Foreman turned Earle's lone turnover last week into a game-tying touchdown drive in the fourth quarter, and the Gators won in overtime 28-26. Foreman has not tackled well the past two weeks, allowing Magazine to rush for a surprising 136 yards and Earle QB Donerius Crowder to scramble and find open receivers for two TDs. Foremen tightened in the second half, holding Earle to 61 yards, but the Gators misfired on three redzone trips in the third quarter with two penalties and a dropped snap. Foreman senior QB Kyren Batey carried 30 times for 195 yards and two TDs but also overthrew two potential TD balls. Foreman junior Robbie Smith (5-6, 150) has emerged in the playoffs, rushing for 200 yards in two wins. Foreman's salty defensive front of sophomore DE Chris Haywood, senior DT Davin Cross and senior utility man Jeremy Jones faces a bigger challenge this week. Junction City's offensive line, spearheaded by senior guard Cody Adkins, has cleared the way for senior RB Dhante Gibson (1,330 yards, 20 TDs) and junior RB Jakiron Cook (1,025 yards, 14 TDs). Junior QB Brady Hutcheson has bolstered Junction City's passing numbers the past two weeks by completing a combined 13 of 16 attempts for 317 yards and a TD in almost identical blowouts of Mountainburg (50-14) and Des Arc (55-13). JC's 5-2 defense has tightened behind senior DL Semaj Livingston (39 tackles, 6.5 TFL), senior LB Jvacye Cook (62 stops) and sophomore Tanner Barnett (team-high 80 stops). Junction City allowed 103 points in its first three games. It has allowed 74 points (8.2 ppg) in the nine games since.

http://www.hootens.com/11-26-2018/class-2a-week-14-rankings-notes--picks-/6598.html

Redzone

Game is also broadcasted on 105.1 and on the Texarkana Radio app

Monsta

Quote from: dragondad on November 29, 2018, 10:00:03 am
Probably because of you bashing the Dragons.
I have not bashed a soul lol it was for a good cause and I felt like my opinion was needed, nothing will be done until you take action and do something about it, I have been nothing but supportive after we got over our little problems,

Wantobe

For those that missed it, there are three restaurants in Foreman (Southerland's Country Store, Wooden Spoon, and Backyard Social Club). There is also a Subway. Of course, the Booster Club will have the concession stand open with basic items like Burger, Frito Chili Pies, Nachos, etc.
The parking lot at the field will likely by bad, especially with the weather predicted. There should be personnel out there guiding traffic, but don't be surprised if you have to park along side the main highway and walk in.
As far as I know, HITS 105.1 will be in the press box calling the game, but maybe there will be an area for the JC live stream to set up as well.
Safe travels

bleudog

Quote from: Wantobe on November 29, 2018, 11:22:27 am
For those that missed it, there are three restaurants in Foreman (Southerland's Country Store, Wooden Spoon, and Backyard Social Club). There is also a Subway. Of course, the Booster Club will have the concession stand open with basic items like Burger, Frito Chili Pies, Nachos, etc.
The parking lot at the field will likely by bad, especially with the weather predicted. There should be personnel out there guiding traffic, but don't be surprised if you have to park along side the main highway and walk in.
As far as I know, HITS 105.1 will be in the press box calling the game, but maybe there will be an area for the JC live stream to set up as well.
Safe travels

'preciate it.

Didn't I see somebody recommend going over to New Boston from Texarkana?

I'd guess getting to Texarkana thru Magnolia then over to New Boston.  Not quite how Google recommends, but everything on the internet ain't always gospel.  ;D

Google Map

tacklethis...

take 82 to Texarkana then hit I30. Exit north on 8 at New Boston. Then 8 turns to 41 at the Red River.. Fields on the left before you ever get into Foreman.

thabeast428

Thanks I was wondering the same... gonna be a good one especially if the weather doesn't get bad

Ventman

Gators will get this one and head back to WMA for the second straight year.

bleudog

It is mind numbing the AAA won't go ahead and reschedule this game to Saturday afternoon.  After three hours worth of lightning delays, that's what's going to happen anyway.

dragondad

Just heard back from Pump,  the DSN does indeed plan on livestreaming the game tomorrow night.

bleudog

November 29, 2018, 01:48:45 pm #18 Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 01:52:39 pm by bleudog
Quote from: dragondad on November 29, 2018, 01:41:02 pm
Just heard back from Pump,  the DSN does indeed plan on livestreaming the game tomorrow night.

Think young Pump could negotiate a special deal so Foreman can consider making a return trip to SAU's artificial turf on Saturday?   ;)   ;D

paraloma

Quote from: bleudog on November 29, 2018, 12:15:30 pm
'preciate it.

Didn't I see somebody recommend going over to New Boston from Texarkana?

I'd guess getting to Texarkana thru Magnolia then over to New Boston.  Not quite how Google recommends, but everything on the internet ain't always gospel.  ;D

Google Map

Quote from: tacklethis... on November 29, 2018, 12:24:13 pm
take 82 to Texarkana then hit I30. Exit north on 8 at New Boston. Then 8 turns to 41 at the Red River.. Fields on the left before you ever get into Foreman.

JC Fans,

Don't go through Ashdown to get to Foreman, especially if its raining. You won't have to smell the paper mill either.

First off, the burgers that Foreman's concessions used to serve were off the chain or hook, straight 100, you feel me?

There's plenty of places to eat in New Boston: Mexican - Maria's and Amigo Juan's, BBQ - Randy's BBQ, Burger King, McDonald's, Church's, Catfish King

I didn't see what was going on last night, but I hope the thread was not pulled just for being 15 pages long and some useful information in there.  Thanks bleu for putting up those links again.

Mount Vernon and Atlanta, TX moved their game to tonight, to avoid the weather.

dragondad

You act like paper mills stink, or something.  LOL

They all smell like money to me.

stuck in between

Quote from: bleudog on November 29, 2018, 01:39:16 pm
It is mind numbing the AAA won't go ahead and reschedule this game to Saturday afternoon.  After three hours worth of lightning delays, that's what's going to happen anyway.

Probably has something to do with their superior than all attitude. In my dealings with them it seems to me that they are so arrogant that they will dare the good Lord to rain on their parade.

bleudog

November 29, 2018, 03:02:23 pm #22 Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 03:05:00 pm by bleudog
Quote from: bleudog on November 29, 2018, 01:39:16 pm

Quote from: stuck in between on November 29, 2018, 02:49:58 pm
Probably has something to do with their superior than all attitude. In my dealings with them it seems to me that they are so arrogant that they will dare the good Lord to rain on their parade.

Mayors have ordered people evacuate the gulf coast with less weather information to go on than this.  ::)

THA TRUTH

Prolly got something to do with the title games

dragondad

November 29, 2018, 03:30:01 pm #24 Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 03:56:07 pm by dragondad

bleudog

cuz

Monsta

Quote from: dragondad on November 29, 2018, 02:29:53 pm
You act like paper mills stink, or something.  LOL

They all smell like money to me.
haha republican

cuz

Quote from: paraloma on November 29, 2018, 02:17:03 pm
JC Fans,

Don't go through Ashdown to get to Foreman, especially if its raining. You won't have to smell the paper mill either.

First off, the burgers that Foreman's concessions used to serve were off the chain or hook, straight 100, you feel me?

There's plenty of places to eat in New Boston: Mexican - Maria's and Amigo Juan's, BBQ - Randy's BBQ, Burger King, McDonald's, Church's, Catfish King

I didn't see what was going on last night, but I hope the thread was not pulled just for being 15 pages long and some useful information in there.  Thanks bleu for putting up those links again.

Mount Vernon and Atlanta, TX moved their game to tonight, to avoid the weather.
Well it's nice to know that all of us weren't the only ones in the dark. Your driving instructions are spot on and a lot safer also. I might add there or 2-3 motels that aren't bad there either...

dragondad

November 29, 2018, 04:05:23 pm #29 Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 04:09:35 pm by dragondad
Quote from: Monsta on November 29, 2018, 04:02:21 pm
haha republican

Constitutionalist actually.... but I'll still accept the above as an intended compliment.   Thanks!

bleudog

November 29, 2018, 04:18:07 pm #30 Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 04:33:31 pm by bleudog
Careful fellows, we just earned our sticky back.   ;D ;D

dragondad

Quote from: bleudog on November 29, 2018, 04:18:07 pm
Careful fellows, we just earned our sticky back.

Careful for what,  Monsta was complimenting me.  I give him a hard time because hes like my 5th or 6th son..... I've had so many over the last few years.

bleudog

Quote from: dragondad on November 29, 2018, 04:25:56 pm
Careful for what,  Monsta was complimenting me.  I give him a hard time because hes like my 5th or 6th son..... I've had so many over the last few years.

Sorry, I left out the smiley emoticons.

Plus I don't want to type all this stuff over in a third thread.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

couch-coach06

bleudog

Bearden_Bear72

If this game is rescheduled because of rain would it be played Saturday or following Monday?

stuck in between

Has anyone checked on Eslim? He didn't lose his privaledges last night did he?

Eslim03

I'm here and I hope they reschedule this game for Saturday.

Always a dragon

Quote from: Bearden_Bear72 on November 29, 2018, 06:02:22 pm
If this game is rescheduled because of rain would it be played Saturday or following Monday?

Always a dragon

Heard on the buzz today that they would be continued on Saturday.....they were saying the same thing about state championship game on Friday night

Partsman

Quote from: Bearden_Bear72 on November 29, 2018, 06:02:22 pm
saturday

paraloma

Weather forecast has amped up a bit:
QuoteNortheast Texas, eastern Oklahoma, Arkansas and extreme northern
   Louisiana...
   Partially modified Gulf air with low to mid 60s F dewpoints as far
north as the Arklatex region will advect through the pre-frontal
   warm sector along a strengthening southerly low level jet.  This
   destabilization process will be tempered somewhat by widespread
   clouds which will limit surface heating primarily from east TX into
   LA/AR, likely resulting in weak low-level lapse rates and possibly
   maintenance of a very shallow near-surface stable layer.
   Nevertheless, a corridor of up to 1000 J/kg MLCAPE may evolve across
   the Arklatex region as deeper ascent and cooler temperatures aloft
   within the upper jet exit region overtake the western portion of the
   moistening warm sector during the afternoon.  A tornado or two and
   isolated damaging wind are possible over the Arklatex with the
   diurnal activity that develops during the afternoon/early evening.

Bearden_Bear72

Thank ya.  Hope it gets played but it's sure gonna be a wet one.  Runners gonna have some tough times.  Might change the game to whoever can hold onto the ball.

couch-coach06

One time foreman went to Marvell in the playoffs and it stormed it out so had too go too JA fair and finish on monday

bleudog

November 29, 2018, 07:00:39 pm #44 Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 08:58:06 pm by bleudog
Quote from: couch-coach06 on November 29, 2018, 06:53:18 pm
One time foreman went to Marvell in the playoffs and it stormed it out so had too go too JA fair and finish on monday

I was watching a jr. high game many years ago in Bearden and what was left of a hurricane came thru.  It was raining sideways.  Game was played though.

paraloma

In 1988, I was struck by lightning in Augusta. Hit me right between the forehead and my medulla oblongata. Never got his number. The only thing that saved me was my hard head. Normally, with my Ninja instincts, I'm able to dodge most strikes.

Monsta

Bleu if I don't give DD a hard time then who will lol, nothing but the utmost respect for him

bleudog

November 29, 2018, 08:57:10 pm #47 Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 09:26:00 pm by bleudog
Quote from: paraloma on November 29, 2018, 07:25:08 pm
In 1988, I was struck by lightning in Augusta. Hit me right between the forehead and my medulla oblongata. Never got his number. The only thing that saved me was my hard head. Normally, with my Ninja instincts, I'm able to dodge most strikes.

Well that explains a lot.

But hey, 

bleudog

Quote from: Monsta on November 29, 2018, 08:46:55 pm
Bleu if I don't give DD a hard time then who will lol, nothing but the utmost respect for him

I know.  Just not sure whoever has their finger on the delete button knows.  ;)

dragondad

Quote from: paraloma on November 29, 2018, 07:25:08 pm

Even though you're on Dragon Fan probation..... 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas