• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4A Girls top 10

Started by NEA Razorback olfan, November 28, 2018, 12:29:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AuburnTigers98

Batesville didn't play well last night. That's probably the worst performance I've seen from them this season. They will get it together for their next game.

Charlie1001

Quote from: HogCall11 on November 28, 2018, 02:26:03 pm
Here is my guess for Top 10
1.Berryville
2.Farmington
3.Brookland
4.Harrison
5.Star City
6.DeQueen
7.Batesville
8.Pea Ridge
9.Clarksville
10.Prairie Grove

I won't even waste my time ranking them after seeing this.  I think this one is as close as anyone will get.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Charlie1001 on December 04, 2018, 10:18:05 pm

I won't even waste my time ranking them after seeing this.  I think this one is as close as anyone will get.

You're both way way off on that.

HogCall11

After last week this is my updated list.  Ready to get some more Head to Head games.

1.Berryville
2.Batesville
3.Farmington
4.Brookland
5.DeQueen
6.Harrison
7.Pea Ridge
8.Clarksville
9.Star City
10.Highland

HogCall11

Quote from: MDXPHD on December 05, 2018, 06:06:03 am
You're both way way off on that.
Please enlighten us on what you think it will be. If we are way off we need to know where.

MDXPHD

Quote from: HogCall11 on December 05, 2018, 09:59:48 am
Please enlighten us on what you think it will be. If we are way off we need to know where.

I just don't think you should mark off some of the 5A talent that has dropped down to 4A. I know you're not too familiar with the schools - but there are some good ones.

Your updated list looks a little better though.

hawgfan4life33

I love all the information provided on this board about different teams. I am not even going to attempt to rank because I haven't watched any other teams besides mine, which is Batesville. I will say that Batesville is extremely talented and well coached and I would expect them to compete for a state championship. So far, the concern I had regarding team chemistry does not seem to be an issue, although it is easy and we haven't really been challenged. It will be interesting to see what happens at the first hint of adversity. We will be challenged at Paragould this weekend, weather permitting. I'm hoping to get a look at Brookland when they play Nettleton (thank goodness we aren't in their conference anymore lol). Look forward to a great year of hoops

Hawk4L

I agree it's dumb to rank them when you haven't seen most of them. I think the 4A-1 is very strong at the top.  Pea Ridge, Berryville, Farmington and Harrison could finish 1-4 in any order. I think all are capable of beating each other. If I had to pick a favorite I would go with Farmington.  I could see any of the 4 making it deep in state and wouldn't be surprised if one of them wins it all

NEA Razorback olfan

Ranking gets the conversation started , it really doesn't mean much right now , it's just fun for the fans to talk about their teams...it's really good for the Girls to get some recognition.
They work extremely hard and we have some very talented players in the 4A. Good luck to all the teams this year!!!

Bulldog92

^AGREE^
This just gets it going. There is no way any of us can make a top 10 list !!  But it gets everyone talking about 4-A girls basketball because If you haven't noticed most everyone only discusses the boys side of things!!!  The other thing you don't need to get your undergarments wodded up about is this, we are all homers,LOL!!!  I do like hearing how the teams from the North are doing and who they are playing because I normally don't see any of them until the state tournament. Good luck to the 4-A!!

NEA Razorback olfan

Nettleton 35
Brookland 26
H

NEA Razorback olfan

Brookland 32
Nettleton 68
F

Refs took over top of 3rd

Bulldog92

That's a freaking shame!!!

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Bulldog92 on December 06, 2018, 07:22:55 pm
That's a freaking shame!!!

I don't like to talk about refs , so I won't say anymore

MDXPHD

cannon

Quote from: MDXPHD on December 06, 2018, 09:06:56 pm
Batesville-65
Hoxie-62

Hoxie has a very talented team. Sounds like that was a nail biter.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: cannon on December 06, 2018, 09:52:06 pm

It was a great game , both teams are very talented

MDXPHD

Quote from: cannon on December 06, 2018, 09:52:06 pm

Hoxie's only two losses are to Batesville by 3 and Mt. View (Who Batesville has beaten) by 1. They are very good.

Mt. View plays Highland tonight at the Lyon Tournament - for anyone around Batesville it would be worth the watch.

HogCall11

Anyone attending Farmington tourney tonight? Looking for a schedule.

FastPaced

Keep an eye out for Heber Springs they are 5-0 and look pretty strong!

NEA Razorback olfan

Brookland 74
Neelyville MO 63
F

MDXPHD

Batesville girls down at half to Paragould.

MDXPHD

Paragould hands batesville their first loss of the season: 66-56.

87DAWG

Highland Lady Rebels were down by 1 at half then Mt View took over the game with a 20-3 run that ended the game as far as I am concerned. Mental collapse by Highland and a experienced Mt View team that let Highland know there is still work to do! Mt VIew adjusted to #3's drives and the offense shut down. The whole team had faults tho. To air balls and jogging back on defense to passing it to the other team! Missed layups! It was over by the 4th quarter! I don't remember final as i stop looking at the scoreboard. I think it was 20! Long season and I hope the Lady Rebels learned something tonight and come together! A good ol fashion butt kickin isn't so bad if you learn!!!

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: 87DAWG on December 07, 2018, 11:08:27 pm
Highland Lady Rebels were down by 1 at half then Mt View took over the game with a 20-3 run that ended the game as far as I am concerned. Mental collapse by Highland and a experienced Mt View team that let Highland know there is still work to do! Mt VIew adjusted to #3's drives and the offense shut down. The whole team had faults tho. To air balls and jogging back on defense to passing it to the other team! Missed layups! It was over by the 4th quarter! I don't remember final as i stop looking at the scoreboard. I think it was 20! Long season and I hope the Lady Rebels learned something tonight and come together! A good ol fashion butt kickin isn't so bad if you learn!!!

Brookland had taken some lumps against Nettleton ...hopefully that will make us better

87DAWG

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on December 07, 2018, 11:12:41 pm
Brookland had taken some lumps against Nettleton ...hopefully that will make us better
yes sir NEA! +1

NEA Razorback olfan

December 13, 2018, 11:10:57 pm #76 Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 09:37:51 am by NEA Razorback olfan
My new guess at top 10
1 Berryville 11-0
2 Farmington 7-0
3 Batesville 7-2
4 Star City 8-1
5 De Queen 6-1
6 Pea Ridge 9-2
7 Highland 6-3
8 Heber Springs 5-1
9 Clarksville 7-3
10 Stuttgart 9-0

Sigmund Sauer

December 14, 2018, 08:20:10 am #77 Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 08:22:52 am by Sigmund Sauer
Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on December 13, 2018, 11:10:57 pm
My new guess at top 10
1 Berryville 11-0
2 Farmington 7-0
3 Batesville 7-1
4 Star City 8-1
5 De Queen 6-1
6 Pea Ridge 9-2
7 Highland 6-3
8 Heber Springs 5-1
9 Clarksville 7-3
10 Stuttgart 9-0
Pottsville beat Heber Tuesday giving them their 2nd loss.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Sigmund Sauer on December 14, 2018, 08:20:10 am
Pottsville beat Heber Tuesday giving them their 2nd loss.
What was the score?
Would you replace Heber with Pottsville?

MDXPHD

December 14, 2018, 08:58:42 am #79 Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 10:26:22 am by MDXPHD
Batesville also lost in a close game to Jonesboro yesterday giving them their second loss. 76-69

Sigmund Sauer

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on December 14, 2018, 08:50:53 am
What was the score?
It was a good game, 57-51. I'm not sure who I'd put there. Potts girls tend to start slow then make noise down the road. A few more games should give a much better idea.

Gray lizard

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on December 14, 2018, 08:50:53 am
What was the score?
I would not to unstable at this point.  They could with some experience inch in the top 10.  Just don't think they consistent enough.

Deanna C

If Crossett girls keep rolling like they been they could sneak into at least the top 15. So far we are 6-2

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: EagleNation2016 on December 16, 2018, 01:58:24 am
If Crossett girls keep rolling like they been they could sneak into at least the top 15. So far we are 6-2

Thanks for the update , sounds like a good group , best of luck this season!!

Hawk4L

Big matchup this Tuesday Pea Ridge travels to Farmington. Can't wait to see if Pea Ridge is for real.  I know Farmington is.

87DAWG

Quote from: Hawk4L on December 16, 2018, 08:57:33 pm
Big matchup this Tuesday Pea Ridge travels to Farmington. Can't wait to see if Pea Ridge is for real.  I know Farmington is.
Let us know that outcome. I don't know anything bout that part of state but I know they usually have competitive teams.

iRebound

Last Friday PA gave Stuttgart girls their first loss. 46-40. PA seems to be a state tournament team and Stuttgart played them close. Stuttgart was competitive, as the score went back and forth throughout the first half.  They may squeak in to that state tourney, but I think PA will be there for sure. I think Stuttgart beats Estem for the #2 spot in the conference, and may beat PA when they travel to Stuttgart since the score was that close. Good luck to both of those teams as they continue through the season!

prHOG13

Pea Ridge girls fall on the road to Farmington 71-64. Good game with a lot of talent on the floor

MDXPHD

Farmington losing to Norfork doesn't help their case in the rankings.  I think they're top 5 maybe but gotta best those teams. I know Norfork is good but they already lost to Melbourne.

Hawk4L

Pea Ridge 63
Greenland 46 final

Airedale Classic Tournament

Oldref

Quote from: MDXPHD on December 27, 2018, 05:41:25 pm
Farmington losing to Norfork doesn't help their case in the rankings.  I think they're top 5 maybe but gotta best those teams. I know Norfork is good but they already lost to Melbourne.
I have now seen Melbourne and Farmington both and that would be a great game if they played with either team capable of winning. Norfork did lose by 7 to Melbourne but also has a 19 point win over them. A good team is a good team no matter the classification. Farmington is good but so are several other teams I have seen so far.......classification has very little to do with it.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Oldref on December 27, 2018, 07:56:21 pm
I have now seen Melbourne and Farmington both and that would be a great game if they played with either team capable of winning. Norfork did lose by 7 to Melbourne but also has a 19 point win over them. A good team is a good team no matter the classification. Farmington is good but so are several other teams I have seen so far.......classification has very little to do with it.

I disagree with that statement, but no need to debate it. I'm gonna bet that Conway, Nettleton, LRCA, or Fayetteville would say that they are better teams than the "good" teams from the lower classes.

Melbourne is pretty average. I've watched them a few times and they are good for their class, but they wouldn't come close to competing with the true top in 4A. I didn't see that Norfork had beaten them by 19 though - that makes more sense.

Cardfan1

Quote from: MDXPHD on December 27, 2018, 05:41:25 pm

At this point rankings are suggestive at best. Today, the Lady Cards didn't look like a top tier team but I'm not sure it's indicative of who they've consistently been to this point. It's still December...any team that is planning on making a legit run deep in the playoffs are truly still trying to perfect what they do and working to peak at the right time.  As I stated in an earlier thread on a different board, not sure Farmington could've played any worse then they did today....or at least shot any worse then they did. Norfork deserves credit for a lot of that as well and I certainly think they have a nice team.  At the end of the day, we'll see where Farmington stacks up in March. Their track record speaks to the fact that they typically improve throughout the year and make deep runs in the post season. I'd also venture to say that the consensus in 4A amongst coaches and players is that the Lady Cards will have some say in how the 4A Class plays out.

But then again, maybe I'm wrong......wouldn't be the first time 😂! On a different note, the Lady Cards play Highland tomorrow.  Highland played Paragould to 5 today.....same Paragould team that beat Batesville double digits.......of course Batesville beat Highland double digits.  Basketball is a crazy game and certainly is about match-ups.  It appears to me though that Highland has a good club and the Lady Cards will have their hands full.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Cardfan1 on December 27, 2018, 09:14:23 pm
At this point rankings are suggestive at best. Today, the Lady Cards didn't look like a top tier team but I'm not sure it's indicative of who they've consistently been to this point. It's still December...any team that is planning on making a legit run deep in the playoffs are truly still trying to perfect what they do and working to peak at the right time.  As I stated in an earlier thread on a different board, not sure Farmington could've played any worse then they did today....or at least shot any worse then they did. Norfork deserves credit for a lot of that as well and I certainly think they have a nice team.  At the end of the day, we'll see where Farmington stacks up in March. Their track record speaks to the fact that they typically improve throughout the year and make deep runs in the post season. I'd also venture to say that the consensus in 4A amongst coaches and players is that the Lady Cards will have some say in how the 4A Class plays out.

But then again, maybe I'm wrong......wouldn't be the first time 😂! On a different note, the Lady Cards play Highland tomorrow.  Highland played Paragould to 5 today.....same Paragould team that beat Batesville double digits.......of course Batesville beat Highland double digits.  Basketball is a crazy game and certainly is about match-ups.  It appears to me though that Highland has a good club and the Lady Cards will have their hands full.

Agreed. Teams will be much improved in a few months. Looking forward to s fun season.

Hawk4L

Pea Ridge 48
Clarksville 43 final

Airedale classic. Advance to finals tmrw

MDXPHD

Halftime at the NEA:

Nettleton - 32
Batesville - 30

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: MDXPHD on December 28, 2018, 06:48:57 pm
Halftime at the NEA:

Nettleton - 32