• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Malvern Coaching Job

Started by THE D.O.C, November 07, 2018, 02:27:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldbadger

The Benton Harmony Grove coach was no youngster and he didn't do too bad. His is quite a story if any one is interested. Sadly he passed in the last couple of years. In his 80's I think.

snap crackle

youhavenoidea

Quote from: THE D.O.C on December 04, 2018, 03:36:14 pm
Is this the same Plumlee who's at Fountain Lake? If so isn't he struggling there too?
Yes and Yes...not sure about this if true, I don't know seems strange to leave a school that you have been trying to build/ change a "culture"/  identity for another school in conference that maybe isn't established as what you have

we_hate_the_band

Quote from: youhavenoidea on December 06, 2018, 08:40:01 am
Yes and Yes...not sure about this if true, I don't know seems strange to leave a school that you have been trying to build/ change a "culture"/  identity for another school in conference that maybe isn't established as what you have

10 grand difference in pay and better athletes... easy choice.

youhavenoidea

Quote from: we_hate_the_band on December 06, 2018, 09:10:02 am
10 grand difference in pay and better athletes... easy choice.
Kinda devalues any message about loyalty or commitment you try to get kids to believe, if you go just based on that

we_hate_the_band

Quote from: youhavenoidea on December 06, 2018, 09:28:24 am
Kinda devalues any message about loyalty or commitment you try to get kids to believe, if you go just based on that

In God we trust, all others pay cash.

youhavenoidea

GotInfo?

Don't know that its a done deal.  From what I hear, still fairly wide open...
Lots of interest, but uncertainty on how long it is going to take to get it back going again.  Young talent coming but will be a rough year or so still ahead.

footballmom42

I can tell you it is quite a surprise that Plumlee is considering taking the Malvern job (if the rumors are in fact true). But the rumors are rampant right now at Ft. Lake that he may be leaving. Money talks though....and I do hate it for the kids. I think it will be disappointing for many of them if he chooses to leave.

RabAlumni

Quote from: footballmom42 on December 06, 2018, 10:34:18 am
I can tell you it is quite a surprise that Plumlee is considering taking the Malvern job (if the rumors are in fact true). But the rumors are rampant right now at Ft. Lake that he may be leaving. Money talks though....and I do hate it for the kids. I think it will be disappointing for many of them if he chooses to leave.

Especially for a conference foe! While it may be true Malvern is able to pay somewhat more, I don't find myself leaving for a worse situation just because I am putting $5,000-$6,000 (Take Home) more in my pocket per year.

Reddie20

There are more things than just money that go through the mind of coaches and especially head coaches.  Maybe he doesn't like his schedule at Ft. Lake...for example, he may have a five classes to teach/expected to win football games and at Malvern he may have a couple of classes and be done by noon so he can work on his gameplan.  I did my student teaching at Malvern, they take care of their coaches and a lot of school districts don't care about the coaching aspect and expect you to teach five to six classes a day while coaching.  Maybe he will have an athletic period at Malvern, I've heard Ft. Lake does not have that period so all practices start after school instead of 7th period.  Malvern really has upgraded their facilities and I don't know about Ft. Lake so that could play a role as well.  Maybe it is a better fit for his family.  He has to make the decision on how he feels and what will be better for his family in the long run.  Lots of factors go into his decision.

Arkansasprofit

Mark King would be a great fit, but he doesn't have any Malvern ties!!!  He's won a State Championship last year, and a District Championship this year. 

THE D.O.C

Malvern School Board, do yourself a favor and hire someone outside the circle just like you did with John Fogleman.

Pat Swilling

Leopard lady 1994

Quote from: footballmom42 on December 06, 2018, 10:34:18 am
I work in the financial sector in Malvern and my source tells me it's done. Waiting for a school board meeting maybe? Not certain what the delay is, announcement may come over the weekend.

i40traveler

Quote from: Leopard lady 1994 on December 07, 2018, 09:16:46 am
I work in the financial sector in Malvern and my source tells me it's done. Waiting for a school board meeting maybe? Not certain what the delay is, announcement may come over the weekend.

Gives time for a counter offer to be made.

Oldbadger

Quote from: i40traveler on December 07, 2018, 09:17:42 am
Gives time for a counter offer to be made.
I don't think there is a counteroffer waiting. I think, if an offer has been made, the coach is trying to decide if he wants to accept the job. A team that has been down for several years has a difficult time returning to it's glory days. A very tough job for a coach and one that needs careful consideration.

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: Leopard lady 1994 on December 07, 2018, 09:16:46 am

What is the 11 month CD rates in Malvern this week?

bigunit11

They played in the semi finals as recent as 2015, so been down for years is not exactly accurate

Oldbadger

Quote from: bigunit11 on December 07, 2018, 01:16:57 pm
They played in the semi finals as recent as 2015, so been down for years is not exactly accurate
Probably not, but when they did, they bottomed out! Got some athletes coming up I hear. Malvern never seems to have a shortage of those!lol

bigunit11

14/15 school year  14 football season

Rida4Life

I have no ties to Malvern but I've heard it's a done deal and the new coach is already shopping for a defensive coordinator.

HeberFan

I hear the new coach has already assembled a staff, recruited a half-dozen top players from private schools, ordered new uniforms and is designing a 50,000-seat dome stadium.  New offense will be the Maryland Power I.

:o)

Leopard lady 1994

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on December 07, 2018, 12:18:03 pm
What is the 11 month CD rates in Malvern this week?
Pretty good yield right now, come check us out at MNB!!

RZback

Curious to see who gets this, it could start some other moves if a current HC makes a move.

Mecca07

What about Ashdone Bailey? An assistant at Arkansas Baptist College. Heard he would have interest in this job.

LionX2

Quote from: Mecca07 on December 09, 2018, 06:28:06 pm
What about Ashdone Bailey? An assistant at Arkansas Baptist College. Heard he would have interest in this job.

You "heard" huh

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Mecca07 on December 09, 2018, 06:28:06 pm
Never heard of him.

Leopard lady 1994

Should be announced by Tuesday, source said the new guy has some loose ends to tie up and then will inform of the new position. Probably no surprise as to who the new HC is going to be.

Pat Swilling

Quote from: Leopard lady 1994 on December 10, 2018, 12:30:56 am
Should be announced by Tuesday, source said the new guy has some loose ends to tie up and then will inform of the new position. Probably no surprise as to who the new HC is going to be.
I have no idea?  I just hope new guy can get them going again.

Str8thug

Moreland know has 3 state championships under his belt.  Just curious why they wouldn't give him a shot

Oldbadger

Quote from: Str8thug on December 10, 2018, 10:12:16 am
Moreland know has 3 state championships under his belt.  Just curious why they wouldn't give him a shot
Did he want it?

Rida4Life

My sources tell me that the name I heard is NOT the guy they offered.... so I no have NO input on this one.... LOL.

HeberFan

My sources tell me that quoting unnamed sources is unwise.

Str8thug

Quote from: Oldbadger on December 10, 2018, 10:38:57 am
Did he want it?
I would think that he is aspiring to be a head coach, being that his job is close to his home, I would assume he would be interested. Maybe not, the delph gonna return about 15 dudes they may make a 3 peat

Untimeddown

Unbelievable.  Mediocrity. Shows how high Malvern's standards are.  Plum was there before, some know him, very controllable.  Think out of the box. Take some chances. What's plums 3 year record at Malvern

beaverfan007

He was there as the offensive coordinator wasn't he

Untimeddown

beaverfan007

Are they announcing the hire tomorrow???

mrknowitall

youhavenoidea

Quote from: Untimeddown on December 10, 2018, 02:39:17 pm
Unbelievable.  Mediocrity. Shows how high Malvern's standards are.  Plum was there before, some know him, very controllable.  Think out of the box. Take some chances. What's plums 3 year record at Malvern
He was only there one year...my source in Malvern(figured everyone else quotes unnamed sources) says he jumped ship after one year for Harrison, then left there after one year, went to Russvegas for two years, left there for Fountain Lake as HC for last two years...so sounds like if he's the guy then Malvern has about 2-3 years and he leaves

bigunit11

The year he was there as OC, they went 9-3 and his offense averaged 39 points a game.

beaverfan007

But if his offense scores 39 points a game that's enough to win in most games

bigunit11

9-3,   that is winning most games

HeberFan

Quote from: Untimeddown on December 10, 2018, 02:39:17 pm

Wow, for someone who seems to be a know-it-all, your grammar is deeply lacking.

Str8thug

Well, if JD plumlee is the dude at malvern, the next question is who is gonna be the dude at Ft. Lake now?

footballmom42

Let's get the Malvern coach confirmed before we start talking about Ft. Lake. 

beaverfan007

beaverfan007

I'm not sure. Moreland is ready to be a head coach yet

Untimeddown

Arky has a lot coming back next year. Moreland is ready, but he will need the right fit.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas