• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dumas vs Batesville Southside - Round 1

Started by Crispyfried, November 02, 2018, 10:30:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Batesville Southside @ Dumas

Batesville Southside
Dumas

Crispyfried

Thoughts? I don't know a whole lot about Southside.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: lzgull on November 02, 2018, 10:30:22 pm
Thoughts? I don't know a whole lot about Southside.

Dumas should win handily at home.

Sports Guru

cjohn1995

ea cat

Think we learned last year to never take anyone lightly. This team will work to prepare.

hootingowl

Dont forget what happened to Dumas last year first round vs pocahantas! Hope that dont happen again. Southside  played Warren in kickoff classic didnt they? And lost by like 42-26? May be closer game than is expected

Razorhummer

Quote from: hootingowl on November 03, 2018, 01:53:50 am
Dont forget what happened to Dumas last year first round vs pocahantas! Hope that dont happen again. Southside  played Warren in kickoff classic didnt they? And lost by like 42-26? May be closer game than is expected
Agreed. Also keep in mind 2 seasons ago when nobody gave Southside a chance and ended up beating Booneville on the road and then had Robinson nervous up until midway through the 3rd quarter. I think it will be a much closer game than as expected as well.

JoeDirt

richboy

Quote from: Razorhummer on November 03, 2018, 02:07:55 am
Agreed. Also keep in mind 2 seasons ago when nobody gave Southside a chance and ended up beating Booneville on the road and then had Robinson nervous up until midway through the 3rd quarter. I think it will be a much closer game than as expected as well.
well last season when they thought they were hot they lost 42-8 to Arky in the 2nd round 🤣

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: hootingowl on November 03, 2018, 01:53:50 am
That was back when Warren was a good team.

cjohn1995

Quote from: Oldman on November 04, 2018, 12:02:26 pm
That was back when Warren was a good team.
Warren is still good. Just not great.

ea cat

Dumas hasn't forgotten. That was the motivation for this year. Totally different team attitude wise for the Bobcats.

HeberFan

Southside can play, but, Dumas should win if the team is focused.

DeltaBoy

I Hope this Dumas team remembers Pocahontas last year and wont overlook anyone....

bigchief72455

Quote from: DeltaBoy on November 05, 2018, 09:45:45 am
I Hope this Dumas team remembers Pocahontas last year and wont overlook anyone....
That was quite a game.

HeberFan

Nobody wants to play an angry Dumas team.

RabAlumni

Southside can't handle the downhill power run game that Dumas has... Dumas will wear them down and roll!

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: DeltaBoy on November 05, 2018, 09:45:45 am
Coach McGraw won't let that happen.

Coltfan2005

Quote from: RabAlumni on November 05, 2018, 09:59:07 am
Southside can't handle the downhill power run game that Dumas has... Dumas will wear them down and roll!

Southside just needs to defend the goal on the uphill side. :)

ea cat

Closest thing to a hill here is the River levee.

Coltfan2005

Then that downhill offense is in trouble. 8)

ea cat

Thetruth11

Dumas is an issue this year. they are an absolute unit

Da Truff

Dumas has one of the best defenses in 4A, and possibly the most dangerous QB as well.  I'm afraid SS is just outclassed in this one.

HeberFan

Quote from: Da Truff on November 07, 2018, 08:32:07 am
Dumas has one of the best defenses in 4A, and possibly the most dangerous QB as well.  I'm afraid SS is just outclassed in this one.

Dumas should win, yes, but Southside has improved greatly over the past half-dozen years.

ea cat

For the Batesville Southside fans driving down for the game. Before your get into Grady and Gould slow to the speed limit. They both run trap better than Don Campbell.

SouthernerPride

Adding a second job has pulled me away from my Southerners on Friday nights.. I suspect the Southerners make it a tight game in the first half but Dumas pulls away in the second. Injuries and inconsistency have plagued Southside all year. One night to turn it all around and make it all worth it!

Razorhummer

Congrats to Dumas. It was nearly a 4 hour drive down there but I got to say I enjoyed the game even though it didn't turn out the way I wanted it to and still proud of the season the Southerners had. Dumas has some great athletes and they also have the sharpest uniforms I've ever seen. Good luck Bobcats!!!

ea cat

Thanks. Hope you all made it home safely. The Anthtocite uniforms are our Mud gear.

HeberFan

As we predicted, Southside has a good team and Dumas is even better.

Razorhummer

Quote from: richboy on November 04, 2018, 10:57:27 am
well last season when they thought they were hot they lost 42-8 to Arky in the 2nd round 🤣
Haha I just saw this. The score of the Arky/Southside didn't determine how bad that game was. If your from Arky you should know the game was 13-8 in the 4thq and Southside was fixing to score and go up ahead until a turnover that Arky capitalized off of and from then on Southside started trying to do things they didn't do all year long and yes Arky made them pay for that. As for Dumas well it was much different. Of course we got into the red zone several times and couldn't score and that killed the Southerners but yet again Dumas was big and had too much speed. That 38-7 loss did determine how bad that game was for the Southerners against the Bobcats.   ;D

richboy

November 23, 2018, 02:45:53 pm #31 Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 02:49:38 pm by richboy
Quote from: Razorhummer on November 23, 2018, 02:36:59 am
Haha I just saw this. The score of the Arky/Southside didn't determine how bad that game was. If your from Arky you should know the game was 13-8 in the 4thq and Southside was fixing to score and go up ahead until a turnover that Arky capitalized off of and from then on Southside started trying to do things they didn't do all year long and yes Arky made them pay for that. As for Dumas well it was much different. Of course we got into the red zone several times and couldn't score and that killed the Southerners but yet again Dumas was big and had too much speed. That 38-7 loss did determine how bad that game was for the Southerners against the Bobcats.   ;D
It was 16-0 at halftime, 16-8 at the end of 3rd, and 42-8 by the end of the 4th. Arky scored at the very beginning of the 4th and you fumbled a little before midfield you wasnt about to score.

Razorhummer

Wrong! It was 13-8 almost midway through the 4thq and 42-8 by the end of the 4th. Yes we were about to score and fumbled. Good grief I bragged about how nice your fans were but I guess their must be few bad ones out of the bunch. Time to move on. I'm done with this discussion smh. ::)

richboy

Quote from: Razorhummer on November 23, 2018, 09:22:28 pm
Wrong! It was 13-8 almost midway through the 4thq and 42-8 by the end of the 4th. Yes we were about to score and fumbled. Good grief I bragged about how nice your fans were but I guess their must be few bad ones out of the bunch. Time to move on. I'm done with this discussion smh. ::)
your a dummy dude. I was at the game for christ sake even maxpreps has the box score go look yourself! Badgers went for 2 on both opening touchdowns.

Razorhummer

Haha I was in the press box and Maxpreps have been known to make mistakes. Oh well whatever fries your chicken DUMMY! ;D

hogfan10

Quote from: Razorhummer on November 24, 2018, 12:23:31 am
Haha I was in the press box and Maxpreps have been known to make mistakes. Oh well whatever fries your chicken DUMMY! ;D

I was at that game too, and Arkadelphia's defense dominated that game from the start. As a Badger fan, I don't remember feeling worried at any point in that game. Arkadelphia held a 2 score lead for the majority of the game.

Razorhummer

It was a defensive game until the 4q and like I said the Southerners had to do things that they didn't do all year long and the Badgers capitalized and ran away with the game. I'm not trying to be a jerk but dont call me dummy. I've bragged about how good of a crowd and how nice you were that night. So let's move on. I'll be pulling for not only Dumas against Robinson but I'll be pulling for Arkadelphia against SC. Go Badgers and Bobcats!!!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas