• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

7-2A Picks Week 8

Started by stuck in between, October 15, 2018, 06:11:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

stuck in between

Week 7 left me with 3 out of 4 picks being correct. Although I had L.C. over Dierks I was glad to see the Outlaws get their first win of the season. Gurdon got an impressive 34 point win over Spring Hill. Mineral Springs showed they were definitely in the top 4 in conference after destroying a hopeful Murfreesboro team and Foreman made a heck of a statement by handling Mount Ida. Moving on to week 8.

Spring Hill @ Murfreesboro - With the Outlaws winning last week the Bears find themselves in last place in the 7-2A. The good news for the Bears is they have already played 3 of the 4 top teams. The bad news is they are giving up more than 35 ppg. The Rattlers join the Outlaws and Cougars with 1 conference win and are trying to find a way to back into a play-off spot. Like the Bears they have already faced 3 of the top 4 teams, but they were outscored 12 to 171 in those three contest. With both of these teams combining to give up just shy of 500 points I don't see this game being a defensive battle. In the end I'll take the Smurfs at home by 6.

Lafayette County @ Gurdon - In my opinion the Cougars have the toughest row to hoe as far as becoming play-off eligible with still having to face Gurdon, Mineral Springs, and Mount Ida. A 16 point loss to what was a winless Dierks team is not a good indicator as how this game might turn out. The Go-Devils are in control of their own destiny. If they win out they will be conference champs and will enjoy a first round bye and home field advantage throughout. The Devils have looked sharp so far this year outscoring conference foes by 117 points. However, they have yet to face Foreman and Mount Ida. Gurdon shouldn't have any trouble with this week's competition. Starters should rest in the 2nd half. Go-Devils by 35+.

Dierks @ Mount Ida - As previously stated the Outlaws found the win column last week and now have themselves in a 3-way tie for the 5th seed with an opportunity to play themselves into a play-off spot. Before they can do that they have the misfortune of catching a hacked off Mount Ida team that suffered their first regular season loss since losing to Dierks in 2016 last week at Foreman. After the 2016 loss the Lions went on to win its 2nd state championship. Look for Ida to try and mimic that run and take out some aggression on the Outlaws along the way. Lions by 35+ as well.

Foreman @ Mineral Springs - This is a trap game for the Gators. The last two years Foreman has stumbled past Mineral after emotional losses to Mount Ida. After last week's victory over the Lions will the Gators be able to remain focused on their goal of winning a conference championship? The Hornets come into the game with nothing to lose. After two consecutive mid season losses Mineral has put together a two game winning streak out scoring those opponents 100 to 8. The Hornets have yet to face a defense like that of the Gators or a playmaker like Batey. If Foreman can refrain from shooting themselves in the foot they should give the Hornets their last regular season loss. Taking the Gators by 20 in this one.

Redzone

Ole Man River

Well, well, well,  ole OMR picked 4 out of 4 games last week.  Let's see if he can stay perfect again.  Spring Hill at Murfressboro—— the Rattlers by 6.  L.C. at Gurdon—— the Go-Devils by 35.  Dierks at Mt Ida—— the Lions by 21.  Foreman at Mineral Springs—— the Gators by 21.  OMR OUT

Wantobe

Picks seem to be in line with the way everyone is playing. As always, I enjoyed your analysis.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas