• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rivercrest at Jonesboro Westside

Started by luxora4life, October 13, 2018, 07:16:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

501Arkansas

The way brown played last night, colts should roll in this one with no problem

Coltfan2005

I don't know a single thing about Westside football other than they score a ton of points. Have they played any good defenses this year?

501Arkansas

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on October 13, 2018, 07:43:10 pm
I don't know a single thing about Westside football other than they score a ton of points. Have they played any good defenses this year?
It doesn't seem like it. If you want to go off points, westside beat highland by 4 points in a high scoring game 42-46. They game up 445 yards against highland and 328 of them yards was passing.  The colts wouldn't have a problem with them

bigchief72455

This will settle who is #1 and #2. I have seen them both play Pocahontas. The Colts have the edge in this one but Westside is going to score and keep it close.

Coltfan2005

just watched the pokey/westside game. westside has some size up front and two hard running backs. not impressed with team speed, not impressed with secondary. could be wrong but I think Rivercrest exposes westside weaknesses this week and the battle for second seed is going to be between westside and trumann.

bootlegger

Colts #1 will probably play in this game so they should be back to full strength.I won't say that westside won't score but I don't think they will score in the 40s like they have this year.I say 35 to 21 colts

ISU7

Colts need to jump out in front in this one playing on the road anywhere can be tough going some times. Colts should take this one.

ISU7

October 13, 2018, 08:46:12 pm #8 Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 12:04:43 pm by ISU7
Quote from: 501Arkansas on October 13, 2018, 07:53:05 pm
It doesn't seem like it. If you want to go off points, westside beat highland by 4 points in a high scoring game 42-46. They game up 445 yards against highland and 328 of them yards was passing.  The colts wouldn't have a problem with them
Colts know you can't compare scores that seem to got Osceola last season after they blew out Newport and Crest had lost too Newport. Seminoles fans said no way Crest would beat Noles well 501 you know how that ended. 🤣😂🤣😂

501Arkansas

Quote from: ISU7 on October 13, 2018, 08:46:12 pm
Colts know you can't compare scores that seem to got Osceola last season after they blew out Newport and Crest had lost too Newport. Seminoles fans said no way Crest would be Noles well 501 you know how that ended. 🤣😂🤣😂
Lol I'm over that and that was last year so

Warriorfan21

This game will probably be a shootout it will come down to who turns the ball over the most. I wouldn't be shocked to see both teams in the 50 point range or close to it.

luxora4life

Quote from: Warriorfan21 on October 14, 2018, 10:42:43 am
This game will probably be a shootout it will come down to who turns the ball over the most. I wouldn't be shocked to see both teams in the 50 point range or close to it.

Colts defense will not give up  anything near 50 point to Westside.

Warriorfan21

Dont say never your looking at two offenses that score a lot and score quickly. The game will go either way and maybe 50 maybe not either way it will be a shootout and a fun game to watch. Turnovers will be what cost either team in this one and decide the winner.

luxora4life

Quote from: Warriorfan21 on October 14, 2018, 10:53:20 am
Dont say never your looking at two offenses that score a lot and score quickly. The game will go either way and maybe 50 maybe not either way it will be a shootout and a fun game to watch. Turnovers will be what cost either team in this one and decide the winner.

Over the last 22 games, the colts defense has allowed 16 points per game (I' m guessing 6 ppg by the 2nd team defense).  Only 8 teams have scored over 20 points and only two of those teams scored over 30 (32 & 33). 

During those 22 games, Rivercrest Defense has  faced offenses that was averaging between 42-48 points a game.  Teams such as Mayflower, Mcgehee, Junction City, and Osceola twice.  Teams with way more speed than Westside will put on the field this Friday.  Only 1 of those team scored over 20 points and all of them walked away with a L. 

Shootout, it won't happen.

ISU7

Quote from: luxora4life on October 14, 2018, 12:00:37 pm
Over the last 22 games, the colts defense has allowed 16 points per game (I' m guessing 6 ppg by the 2nd team defense).  Only 8 teams have scored over 20 points and only two of those teams scored over 30 (32 & 33). 

During those 22 games, Rivercrest Defense has  faced offenses that was averaging between 42-48 points a game.  Teams such as Mayflower, Mcgehee, Junction City, and Osceola twice.  Teams with way more speed than Westside will put on the field this Friday.  Only 1 of those team scored over 20 points and all of them walked away with a L. 

Shootout, it won't happen.
Exactly.

ISU7

Quote from: 501Arkansas on October 14, 2018, 12:32:13 am
Lol I'm over that and that was last year so
Just picking with you bro. 501 Arkansas do you see Westside scoring 50 pts on Crest defense?

luxora4life

Quote from: ISU7 on October 14, 2018, 12:10:53 pm
Just picking with you bro. 501 Arkansas do you see Westside scoring 50 pts on Crest defense?

Nah, He is a believer now!

bootlegger

Like I said before westside will score but I can't see them scoring 50 points on rivercrest defense.both teams can possibly score in 30s

Coltfan2005

looking at their games, westside relies solely on the run and 90% of that is between tackles. Too easy too stack the line and make them string it out to the sidelines, where the Colt speed will dominate.

luxora4life

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on October 14, 2018, 02:23:20 pm
looking at their games, westside relies solely on the run and 90% of that is between tackles. Too easy too stack the line and make them string it out to the sidelines, where the Colt speed will dominate.

That's what my eyes saw.

luxora4life

Quote from: bootlegger on October 14, 2018, 02:18:02 pm
Like I said before westside will score but I can't see them scoring 50 points on rivercrest defense.both teams can possibly score in 30s

Westside will not score 30 on Rivercrest unless the game gets ugly early and they score a couple of TD's late on the colts 2nd team D.

bigchief72455

I'm gonna sit this one out and let you fellas argue it all week. Lol

ISU7

Westside qb managed to gain back yards vs Pokey when he faked the off tackle run and bootlegged  around the end. Colts d ends must be able to stay home. I notice refs missed several calls that should've went against Westside.

Coltfan2005

same against highland. the offense line was tying the d-line up...making it obvious but most went uncalled. both games at westside.

bigchief72455

Just be ready for a lot of pass interference calls. Westside secondary can not handle speed.

501Arkansas

Quote from: ISU7 on October 14, 2018, 12:10:53 pm
Have god came back yet? Lol

501Arkansas

Redskin2015

jjsmith

Does Westside have a livestream that will stream this game?

ISU7

Quote from: bigchief72455 on October 14, 2018, 11:36:05 pm
Just be ready for a lot of pass interference calls. Westside secondary can not handle speed.
I saw a lot of miss PI's in the Pokey at Westside that should have been call against the warriors. The rain will probably limited passing it supposed to be a wet one. :(

Hatchet

Quote from: bigchief72455 on October 14, 2018, 11:36:05 pm
looks like Pokey doesn't have spped because they shut pokey down.

Hatchet

Quote from: ISU7 on October 15, 2018, 11:11:27 am
I saw a lot of miss PI's in the Pokey at Westside that should have been call against the warriors. The rain will probably limited passing it supposed to be a wet one. :(
wow are you  already looking for excuses?

501Arkansas

No way JB westside will beat the colts. This about to be the best defense westside will face this regular season. They are good don't get me wrong but they will not beat the colts

Coltfan2005

Quote from: Hatchet on October 15, 2018, 12:26:46 pm
wow are you  already looking for excuses?

Excuses are for westside fans, he's pointing out that pokey should have gotten some calls.

bigchief72455

October 15, 2018, 12:57:35 pm #35 Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 01:02:13 pm by bigchief72455
Quote from: Hatchet on October 15, 2018, 12:24:46 pm
looks like Pokey doesn't have spped because they shut pokey down.
They were much faster than Westside. Hence the PI calls all the time. There were times the db for Westside didn't even look for the pass. He was told to tackle #3 if the ball was near and that is what he did because it was a mismatch.

bigchief72455

^^^^^^ By the way this is not an excuse just a good strategy to take away the deep threat.

Coltfan2005

what happened to the westside posters?

SUGARTOWN

hogwild_82

Colts are a really good football team! Westside is not bad themselves. Colts are definitely more talented. They have better athletes, a better defense, and more complex offense. However, unlike some of the unrealistic people on here who say there is no way Westside can win, they do have a chance. The Pokey fans on here making excuses about two weeks ago need to go kick rocks. You can't  blame officials in a blowout, well I guess you can but you sound like babies. You guys just aren't who you thought you were. The weather benefits Westside, it's senior night, and only the biggest night in their football history. They might play above their talent, who knows..... there are always upsets.

Coltfan2005

Quote from: hogwild_82 on October 15, 2018, 06:59:00 pm
Colts are a really good football team! Westside is not bad themselves. Colts are definitely more talented. They have better athletes, a better defense, and more complex offense. However, unlike some of the unrealistic people on here who say there is no way Westside can win, they do have a chance. The Pokey fans on here making excuses about two weeks ago need to go kick rocks. You can't  blame officials in a blowout, well I guess you can but you sound like babies. You guys just aren't who you thought you were. The weather benefits Westside, it's senior night, and only the biggest night in their football history. They might play above their talent, who knows..... there are always upsets.

wet weather takes away westsides slight passing game. let's the colts stack the line, westside can't beat the colts to the corners. early on decent push from westside, shut down by halftime.

Coltfan2005

bigchief72455

Quote from: hogwild_82 on October 15, 2018, 06:59:00 pm
No excuses being made. Pocahontas had their opportunities and didn't get it done. You got the W. We recognize that. I even said it was a good strategy on the interference calls. Were some missed yes but it would not have effected the outcome of the game. Westside beat us. No doubt we were beat. Congratulations. Stop being so pretentious. You still have a long way to go before being what you so dearly want to be. You made some historic moves this year. Beating both Highland and Pocahontas at home. Rivercrest,forgive the pun,,is a horse of a different color.

Redskin2015

Rivercrest is a completely different monster the only teams that should come close to touching them will be in the playoffs and I see the main issue being depth

hogwild_82

It's just like a person from Pokie to throw out a word that simply doesn't apply. Pretentious is when you are trying to act or imply that something is better than it actually is. Where did I do that? I actually said that Rivercrest is probably better than Westside.... so that word definitely doesn't fit. You however sir, are closer to that than am I! Always trying to sound like some big shot know it all when you actually do not. By the way I thought you were going to sit this one out.. I guess not enough to talk about with the Skins.

Missco

A fluke could happen but I think Rivercrest wins by 21.

Hatchet

Quote from: bigchief72455 on October 15, 2018, 12:57:35 pm
They were much faster than Westside. Hence the PI calls all the time. There were times the db for Westside didn't even look for the pass. He was told to tackle #3 if the ball was near and that is what he did because it was a mismatch.
lol How do you know that he was told to tackle #3. Just curious are you on the Warrior Coaching staff or are you kin to one of them?

hogwild_82

I find it funny that when people lose they have to get on here and try to talk bad about teams that beat them. I guess since Westside doesn't have the deep history of Rivercrest or Pokie then they don't have a chance. Again, dumb argument, it's one single game that either team could win. Sure the Colts have the better chance, but I'm glad the Westside fans aren't the ones on here bashing the other team. #stayclassy

hogwild_82

A 6-1 team winning a fluke? You guys...

Redskin2015

Taking rivercrest lightly is a mistake

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas