• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Warren At Monticello. Saline river shootout.

Started by AirWarren, October 12, 2018, 09:27:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AirWarren

Quote from: CoachB123 on October 16, 2018, 12:40:13 pm
Just wanting to know if it’s a injury we should be worried about for a future hog player..

Never can tell. I do know, we have come a long ways in rehabilitation with athletes with injuries and surgical recovery.

Time will tell.

VanillaThunder

Heard the kid is a fighter, shouldn't be a huge worry to hog fans, hopefully he comes back better than ever

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: CoachB123 on October 16, 2018, 12:40:13 pm
Just wanting to know if it's a injury we should be worried about for a future hog player..

It's his ACL.

justafan33

Best wishes for a full recovery for Burks.  That kid is a pure athlete.

Romeo

Quote from: AirWarren on October 16, 2018, 12:47:53 pm
Never can tell. I do know, we have come a long ways in rehabilitation with athletes with injuries and surgical recovery.

Time will tell.

I remember Coach Kevin Kelley's son was playing three or four months after a torn ACL. I'm just hoping Treylon's situation doesn't end up like Greg Childs.

bigchief72455

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on October 16, 2018, 01:35:04 pm
It's his ACL.
Just have to rehab properly. He has a future to think about. Nobody can shame him for that.

AirWarren

October 16, 2018, 03:23:57 pm #56 Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 03:28:53 pm by AirWarren
Quote from: Romeo on October 16, 2018, 03:10:21 pm
I remember Coach Kevin Kelley's son was playing three or four months after a torn ACL. I'm just hoping Treylon's situation doesn't end up like Greg Childs.

Two different anatomies. Childs injury was to the patellar tendons in bilateral knees. His injury and injury course was extremely rare.

Sadly, ACL tears are so frequent these days that improvements in surgical technique and rehabilitation techniques have vastly improved. And with the reputation of the surgeon that took care of him, I feel he is/was in good hands in regard to his pre, intra, and post op plan of care.

Now, will he ever fully trust his knee....that's the million dollar question. Hopefully it won't become too mental for him and time will tell if he is able to make a full recovery. It appears Koilan Jackson still hasn't fully reached his athletic potential post ACL injury. Every medical case can have such a different outcome. Not sure we will see Treylon on the basketball court or baseball field this year though.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Doubt he'll play basketball but should be clear to play baseball, don't you think?

AirWarren

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on October 16, 2018, 03:43:30 pm
Doubt he'll play basketball but should be clear to play baseball, don't you think?

Not sure what his surgeon and ortho team has in store for him in regard to POC.

I would just imagine that rehab and conditioning for the next level would be the best bet here. He has potential to be a huge addition next year for Arkansas.

Jlynn1128@gmail.com

#9 is a receiver lead the team his sophomore year tell he got hurt

AirWarren

Quote from: Jlynn1128@gmail.com on October 16, 2018, 06:36:48 pm
#9 is a receiver lead the team his sophomore year tell he got hurt

Yup, and he is playing lights out this year at DB.

Brian G

Sorry to hear about that injury.

Wish him well.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Not worried about the Jacks offense. Points per game will probably be down a touchdown to 10pts. Defense is where he'll be missed. Go back and watch him shuck 3 blockers then lower the boom on the Arky punt returner and the play he made in OT at Robinson.

OrangeCrush.

Everyone talks about Burks' offensive abilities, but the kid is a stud on defense. One of the best at having a nose for the ball I've seen.

AirWarren

Warren fans watch yourself. They are losing control of some school board folks over there. Be mindful of your surroundings.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: AirWarren on October 17, 2018, 02:11:57 pm
Warren fans watch yourself. They are losing control of some school board folks over there. Be mindful of your surroundings.
See Monticello Live for this story, so sad.

cuckoobird

Just read it and all I can say is wow. I guess they do run coaches off in Monticello despite what's been said

Maynard G Krebs

Wow.  Can't think of anything good that can become of this.   

Big Fan

Quote from: Oldman on October 17, 2018, 02:54:38 pm
See Monticello Live for this story, so sad.
Sad is only the beginning of that story...we have needed someone to run against that clown for years.

AirWarren

Quote from: Big Fan on October 17, 2018, 06:55:28 pm
Sad is only the beginning of that story...we have needed someone to run against that clown for years.

Now we are talking. Hope that manner is taken care of.

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: AirWarren on October 17, 2018, 07:28:16 pm
Now we are talking. Hope that manner is taken care of.

Watch out, he could have your job you know😏

AirWarren

Romeo

I recommend Monticello Live for a Pulitzer Prize. That's hard hittin' journalism.

AirWarren

Quote from: Romeo on October 17, 2018, 07:51:02 pm
I recommend Monticello Live for a Pulitzer Prize. That's hard hittin' journalism.

Probably top news source in Arkansas. KARK's most trusted affiliate.

Coltfan2005

Even his apology letter was pathetic. Something a 5th grader would come up with.

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on October 17, 2018, 08:54:48 pm
Even his apology letter was pathetic. Something a 5th grader would come up with.

Agree.  Wonder what collegiate game he will be officiating?

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on October 17, 2018, 08:58:56 pm
Agree.  Wonder what collegiate game he will be officiating?
Hope he never refs another Warren basketball game.

BlueGoat

This is just the beginning Monticello's season has been one big soap opera this year.  From hiring a coach that doesn't show up for work half the time and attacks his players and coaches verbally. To school board members acting like idiots on the field. Monticello has had more personal fouls this year for fighting than any other that I remember they have a lack of leadership. It's going to be interesting to see what the school board "clique" will do. 

AirWarren

Quote from: BlueGoat on October 18, 2018, 08:02:45 am
This is just the beginning Monticello's season has been one big soap opera this year.  From hiring a coach that doesn't show up for work half the time and attacks his players and coaches verbally. To school board members acting like idiots on the field. Monticello has had more personal fouls this year for fighting than any other that I remember they have a lack of leadership. It's going to be interesting to see what the school board "clique" will do. 

Wow. lol.

Jimbo Morphis

Define attacking verbally?

Lumberjackfan1978

Monticello better do something.Crazy over there.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Maybe this school board needs to cycle out before and if a new head coach is looked for. It's funny that Coach Davis was basically ousted because he wouldn't let troubled kids play without obeying his team rules, now these kids are playing and it shows on the field through penalties.

Big Fan

Parent.  Axe.  Grind.

AirWarren

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on October 18, 2018, 08:29:00 am
Maybe this school board needs to cycle out before and if a new head coach is looked for. It's funny that Coach Davis was basically ousted because he wouldn't let troubled kids play without obeying his team rules, now these kids are playing and it shows on the field through penalties.
It's about the name and who you are in that town In regard to who plays and who calls the shot on the school board.

This is a systemic problem that I don't see being fixed. It was fixed around the 2009 years, but those bags were packed and ticket bought courtesy of the town as he was leaving WMS with a state title in hand.

I'll never understand it.

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: AirWarren on October 18, 2018, 08:58:36 am
It's about the name and who you are in that town In regard to who plays and who calls the shot on the school board.

This is a systemic problem that I don't see being fixed. It was fixed around the 2009 years, but those bags were packed and ticket bought courtesy of the town as he was leaving WMS with a state title in hand.

yeah I'll never understand why they run him off

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on October 18, 2018, 08:29:00 am
Coach Davis was ousted because they couldn't line up and run a play.

AirWarren

Quote from: Oldman on October 18, 2018, 09:46:18 am
Coach Davis was ousted because they couldn't line up and run a play.

They are averaging 9 PPG this year. Not sure much has changed then.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

October 18, 2018, 12:09:50 pm #87 Last Edit: October 18, 2018, 12:34:49 pm by KASH dba The Lumberjack
Coplin gets paid $86,000. Divide that by the 9pts per game and he makes a whopping $9555.55 per game. I'll show up half  the time, have school board members cuss me and run off all the Billie FF posters from sheer embarrassment, for that price.

Romeo

Romeo

Quote from: AirWarren on October 18, 2018, 08:58:36 am

If they force Coplin to resign after the season it'll be a shame. Coplin took a team in Texas that was 0-10 and took them to 10-4 in just two years. The one thing fans and boosters will never understand is the process of building a program. Were an impatient society that wants immediate results.

Maynard G Krebs

Somewhere in Cross County a coach is smiling.

FmrBillieFan

Quote from: Romeo on October 18, 2018, 01:27:20 pm
If they force Coplin to resign after the season it'll be a shame. Coplin took a team in Texas that was 0-10 and took them to 10-4 in just two years. The one thing fans and boosters will never understand is the process of building a program. Were an impatient society that wants immediate results.
Thank you for looking at this current situation with some optimism.  Coach Coplin isn't going anywhere.  Most of us knew that this year would be tough with lots of growing pains.  It's hard to switch from a run heavy, single wing offense to our current offense in just a few months.  We probably won't win a game this year, but I'm not giving up on Coach Coplin and this team.  It'll get better....  As for the fighting and personal foul penalties, it's just frustration.  Being 16 or 17 years old and getting your butt whipped every week takes a toll....  It's not a lack of leadership, just momentarily losing composure.  It's going to get better, though....

KASH dba The Lumberjack

That's funny and I've been waiting on this to be said. This isn't college or the pros, Coplin isn't coming in and having to deal with Davis's recruited players. It's
High School football. Monticello is the biggest town in our conference which translates to more kids in the player pool. To say that the Billies won't be competitive for years to come is ludicrous. I'm not even saying it's Coplin's fault, but something isn't right in the water across the river these days and it goes deeper than kids being frustrated about not winning and acting out.

FmrBillieFan

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on October 18, 2018, 02:49:48 pm
That's funny and I've been waiting on this to be said. This isn't college or the pros, Coplin isn't coming in and having to deal with Davis's recruited players. It's
High School football. Monticello is the biggest town in our conference which translates to more kids in the player pool. To say that the Billies won't be competitive for years to come is ludicrous. I'm not even saying it's Coplin's fault, but something isn't right in the water across the river these days and it goes deeper than kids being frustrated about not winning and acting out.
I call it like I see it... But I'm sure you know more about it than I do....

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on October 18, 2018, 02:49:48 pm
It takes a little while for the kids, parents, and school board members to buy in and give the effort needed. Just like the hogs, kids have to know how to win. sometimes it takes a couple of years to get rid of that losing mentality. Be thankful you have Bo because when he leaves it can go downhill very fast. I've watched it happen in one year.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: Oldman on October 18, 2018, 03:43:31 pm
It takes a little while for the kids, parents, and school board members to buy in and give the effort needed. Just like the hogs, kids have to know how to win. sometimes it takes a couple of years to get rid of that losing mentality. Be thankful you have Bo because when he leaves it can go downhill very fast. I've watched it happen in one year.
You're right, Bo is a great coach. And when he's gone, there'll be big shoes to fill. Some coach would love come here and take advantage of the winning mindset he has built. It's not like they didn't win a game last year. To go from bad to worse at that salary, doesn't make sense to me. I would love to go on a service call, leave the problem in worse shape than when I got there, and still get paid more than most of the other tradesmen around.

AirWarren

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on October 18, 2018, 06:52:34 pm
You're right, Bo is a great coach. And when he's gone, there'll be big shoes to fill. Some coach would love come here and take advantage of the winning mindset he has built. It's not like they didn't win a game last year. To go from bad to worse at that salary, doesn't make sense to me. I would love to go on a service call, leave the problem in worse shape than when I got there, and still get paid more than most of the other tradesmen around.

I wouldn't want you to end up on Monticello live because of a poor choice or poor execution of a job. 

Big Fan

LOL...Coach Coplin has plenty of support here in Monticello.  He is going no where next year unless HE chooses to do so.

Carry on...

Brian G

AirWarren

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas