• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4A-1

Started by Baller91, October 12, 2018, 08:57:39 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bigboygottaeat

ive watched shawn cranna since he was playing at fulbright. Maybe one of the best players i have ever watched. A ton of potential

bigboygottaeat

November 28, 2018, 04:46:27 pm #51 Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 04:49:22 pm by bigboygottaeat
Gentry is a dark horse. I wouldnt be surprised if they take over harrison for top spot in the 4a-1

BRJ_Basketball

Quote from: Cajun Hog on November 28, 2018, 03:33:43 pm
Please let us know the game with Harrison goes? Then you will know how you measure up to the 5A teams that came down in the region.
I'll give it to Harrison, they're a force to be reckoned with. However, isn't it kind of embarrassing for you to have to come down to 4A to win a conference tournament.

Cajun Hog

Quote from: BRJ_Basketball on November 28, 2018, 04:47:15 pm
I'll give it to Harrison, they're a force to be reckoned with. However, isn't it kind of embarrassing for you to have to come down to 4A to win a conference tournament.

A) They didn't have choice the AAA decided it.

B) Harrison been in 5A semi-finals the last 2 years.

C) If your that good you should enjoy playing the big boys.  :)

BRJ_Basketball

Quote from: Cajun Hog on November 28, 2018, 05:13:48 pm

It will be a test to see how both teams' seasons play out.  I'm sure Harrison has the ability to come out and pull a lead on the Saints, but will the depth of their bench help the boys odds at pulling this upset?

Woopig6

Quote from: Cajun Hog on November 28, 2018, 05:13:48 pm

I'm not worried about playing the big boys yet, considering we're still playing football

beach bum

Quote from: BRJ_Basketball on November 28, 2018, 04:47:15 pm

I thought Harrison won its 5A/6A combined league last year though?

Hawk4L

Quote from: bigboygottaeat on November 28, 2018, 04:46:27 pm
Gentry is a dark horse. I wouldnt be surprised if they take over harrison for top spot in the 4a-1
Gentry sucks at everything and probably will from now on unless they drop back to 3A

BRJ_Basketball

Quote from: Hawk4L on November 28, 2018, 06:21:54 pm
Gentry sucks at everything and probably will from now on unless they drop back to 3A
What happened to your post that was a beast down low for every team that crossed your path? Is he not playing basketball anymore?

Hawk4L

Yep he decided not to play.  We have a good junior 6'5 Wesley Wells taking his spot

bigboygottaeat

Quote from: Hawk4L on November 28, 2018, 06:21:54 pm

just watch this year gentry will be good they can surprise people

BRJ_Basketball

Quote from: Hawk4L on November 28, 2018, 06:33:45 pm
Yep he decided not to play.  We have a good junior 6'5 Wesley Wells taking his spot
Sean Cranna has had a productive offseason from what I've seen.  He is only 6'2 but has a standing vertical of 36".  Should be a good rivalry game between us this year. Players like Seth Rosenthal and Harrison Williams have prepared for a while for this game and look for them to show out for this game. 

bigboygottaeat

November 28, 2018, 07:04:50 pm #62 Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 07:24:05 pm by bigboygottaeat
Quote from: BRJ_Basketball on November 28, 2018, 07:01:22 pm
Sean Cranna has had a productive offseason from what I've seen.  He is only 6'2 but has a standing vertical of 36".  Should be a good rivalry game between us this year. Players like Seth Rosenthal and Harrison Williams have prepared for a while for this game and look for them to show out for this game.

Couldn't of said it better. Watch out for those three players. harrison williams is one of the most fun players to watch. he excerts his dominance over his opponents. Once of the most feared players in the aau circuit this year. I could see sean cran being one of the better shot-blockers in the 4a

Woopig6

Quote from: bigboygottaeat on November 28, 2018, 07:04:50 pm
Couldn't of said it better. Watch out for those three players. harrison williams is one of the most fun players to watch. he excerts his dominance over his opponents. Once of the most feared players in the aau circuit this year. I could see sean cran being one of the better shot-blockers in the 4a
Sean Cranna's ceiling is close to Zion Williamson. The floor is JV bench player

BRJ_Basketball

Quote from: bigboygottaeat on November 28, 2018, 07:04:50 pm
Shot blocks are rare to see in this 4A-1 conference any one else stand out to you to be a shot blocker or is it just Sean Crayon?

BRJ_Basketball

Quote from: BVCAT on October 15, 2018, 09:05:28 pm
1. Harrison - not even close
2. Farmington - addition of Pridmore helps but can't touch Harrison
3. Pea Ridge - nice core returning, could flip with Farmington
4. Berryville - returns arguably best player in league last year but lost several seniors....should be competitive
5. Huntsville - new coach, new system, we'll see
6. Shiloh - lost a lot, not sure
7. Gravette - lost more than a lot
8. Prairie Grove -  ???
9. Gentry - ???
Definitely need to move up Shiloh to at least 3.  Not sure about where Gentry lies. They could be a sleeper this year. 

bigboygottaeat

Quote from: BRJ_Basketball on November 28, 2018, 07:28:30 pm
Shot blocks are rare to see in this 4A-1 conference any one else stand out to you to be a shot blocker or is it just Sean Crayon?

Seth rosenburg could block a few he's 6'3

bigboygottaeat

Quote from: BRJ_Basketball on November 28, 2018, 07:32:03 pm
Definitely need to move up Shiloh to at least 3.  Not sure about where Gentry lies. They could be a sleeper this year.

YES. gentry has a solid core 5. i could see them surprising multiple teams

BRJ_Basketball

Quote from: bigboygottaeat on November 28, 2018, 07:37:34 pm
Seth rosenburg could block a few he's 6'3
Do you think that Wesley Bells could run with Shiloh's guys or is he not on the same level as the post they lost? Who does Shiloh have this year that could d-up a 6'5 player?

bigboygottaeat

Quote from: BRJ_Basketball on November 28, 2018, 07:39:42 pm
Do you think that Wesley Bells could run with Shiloh's guys or is he not on the same level as the post they lost? Who does Shiloh have this year that could d-up a 6'5 player?

watch out for harrison williams play a little post against pea ridge. dude is really physical

bigboygottaeat

im really excited to see how this conference plays out. a lot of unknown from most teams here.

BRJ_Basketball

Quote from: bigboygottaeat on November 28, 2018, 07:48:47 pm
im really excited to see how this conference plays out. a lot of unknown from most teams here.
Harrison and Farmington will do well. Farmington with the addition of Pridmore will be lethal.  Everyone in conference is really a toss up after the 4 seed.  Pea Ridge and Shiloh will battle for 3rd and 4th.  Wouldn't surprise me if Shiloh came out on top over Pea Ridge.  Should be an exciting season in the 4A-1. 

Hawk4L

Wesley Wells is just who is replacing Mahoney. Nick Coble is our go to player. I haven't seen anyone better then him in the conference. Excited to see the Shiloh team seem to be much improved from what everyone says.   Haven't seen Harrison play so don't know what to expect from them.

bigboygottaeat

Quote from: Hawk4L on November 28, 2018, 08:07:31 pm
Wesley Wells is just who is replacing Mahoney. Nick Coble is our go to player. I haven't seen anyone better then him in the conference. Excited to see the Shiloh team seem to be much improved from what everyone says.   Haven't seen Harrison play so don't know what to expect from them.

that should be a great game. i may have to come down to watch that one
i think the harrison goblins are defintely the top dawg in this conference

Hawk4L

PR first tough conf matchup is Farmington Dec 18.  That could tell us more about the 2

BRJ_Basketball

Quote from: Hawk4L on November 28, 2018, 08:27:51 pm
PR first tough conf matchup is Farmington Dec 18.  That could tell us more about the 2
Last time I checked Shiloh had a home game against Harrison on that same day.  Looks to be a big day in 4A-1 with the potential top 4 teams going at it.  Could be statement games for any team that day.  Look to see how Shiloh does when they are faced with the "big boys" of Harrison.  Pridmore on Farmington could be detrimental to PR if y'all can't lock him down.

Woopig6

Quote from: BRJ_Basketball on November 28, 2018, 08:37:03 pm
Last time I checked Shiloh had a home game against Harrison on that same day.  Looks to be a big day in 4A-1 with the potential top 4 teams going at it.  Could be statement games for any team that day.  Look to see how Shiloh does when they are faced with the "big boys" of Harrison.  Pridmore on Farmington could be detrimental to PR if y'all can't lock him down.
Classic David vs. Goliath tale. Those Shiloh boys will be inspired by that and go play really hard. I think David will come out on top yet again

Charlie1001

Quote from: Woopig6 on November 28, 2018, 08:40:45 pm
Classic David vs. Goliath tale. Those Shiloh boys will be inspired by that and go play really hard. I think David will come out on top yet again

Shiloh better figure out how to sneak past Berryville to even get in the top 4.

bigboygottaeat

Quote from: Charlie1001 on November 28, 2018, 09:10:39 pm

Shiloh better figure out how to sneak past Berryville to even get in the top 4.

yea berryville is solid

South Central

Who does Shiloh play in the Alma classic besides Sheridan? And the prediction for both games.

bigboygottaeat

Quote from: South Central on November 28, 2018, 09:32:08 pm
Who does Shiloh play in the Alma classic besides Sheridan? And the prediction for both games.

they also play southside batesville

theflash10

Quote from: beach bum on November 28, 2018, 06:10:00 pm

I thought Harrison won its 5A/6A combined league last year though?
They went undefeated in conference play last year. They were a lot more successful than people expected them to be, winningest season under Stahler, fundamental and athletic. They lack size this year compared to their successful teams of the past. Decent guard play and a solid forward. Beat Southside Batesville last night 46-38.

beach bum

Quote from: theflash10 on November 28, 2018, 09:57:08 pm
They went undefeated in conference play last year. They were a lot more successful than people expected them to be, winningest season under Stahler, fundamental and athletic. They lack size this year compared to their successful teams of the past. Decent guard play and a solid forward. Beat Southside Batesville last night 46-38.

Thank you for the clarification, and with that score line it leads me to my exact assumption that I thought Harrison would bring a level of defense these 1-4A teams are not accustomed to seeing in conference play. As I said earlier in the thread, the physicality and defense from 4A to 5A in the past is a way different animal. I think defensive play alone will carry Harrison a long way in this new look 1-4A

beach bum

And with the addition of new posters on the thread (which is great to see cause it got dull in the 1-4A threads last year) .... Posters should try our best when conference play starts to post all the scores each week and keep an up to date standings through the whole year.

Hawk4L

PR will be down compared to the last 2 seasons but still have very strong team. Now the conf is much stronger also.  This could be our last year as top 3 for while.  I see ya being around .500 after this season for the next 2-3 years.

bigboygottaeat

anyone else surprised that huntsville beat farmington??

NewGobs

My Prediction for this season
1. Harrison- for sure lots of talent easily the best team- dropped from 5a to 4a no team can possibly compete with them
2. Farmington- lots of talent could maybe rival Harrison
3-6 These could go anyway- Pea Ridge, Shiloh, Berryville- all three have major potential but will not rival the Power house that is Harrison.
The rest is not important as they will not make state or really impact the 4a-1 this year
I saw a post about Gentry being a sleeper..... they have nothing they are not that good.
Any changes?

BRJ_Basketball

Quote from: NewGobs on November 29, 2018, 08:34:45 am
1. Harrison- for sure lots of talent easily the best team- dropped from 5a to 4a no team can possibly compete with them
3-5 These could go anyway- Pea Ridge, Shiloh, Berryville- all three have major potential but will not rival the Power house that is Harrison.
The rest is not important as they will not make state or really impact the 4a-1 this year
I saw a post about Gentry being a sleeper..... they have nothing they are not that good.
Any changes?
Gentry could possibly finish with the number 2 spot.  Their core 5 is too strong for Pridmore and the Cardinals to compete with.  Everyone needs to stop sleeping on these raging pioneers.

bigboygottaeat

3-6 These could go anyway- Pea Ridge, Shiloh, Berryville- all three have major potential but will not rival the Power house that is Harrison.
Any changes?

Gentry will surprise people they are a solid team. If only they could fix that pink gym ???

bigboygottaeat

Quote from: BRJ_Basketball on November 29, 2018, 08:37:14 am
Gentry could possibly finish with the number 2 spot.  Their core 5 is too strong for Pridmore and the Cardinals to compete with.  Everyone needs to stop sleeping on these raging pioneers.

I totally agree BRJ I think the pioneers are the sleeping giant of the 4a

bigboygottaeat

Quote from: bigboygottaeat on November 29, 2018, 08:29:56 am
anyone else surprised that huntsville beat farmington??

im really interested in this game. was anyone there to watch it? I would have thought that farmington's firepower on offense would have overpowered huntsville

Klaw30

Quote from: bigboygottaeat on November 29, 2018, 08:41:30 am
I totally agree BRJ I think the pioneers are the sleeping giant of the 4a
Basically, I don't see Gentry being good but they may surprise some people. I agree with NewGobs Post about the rankings but Pea Ridges returning core could be something that will help them in the long run. Shiloh with these new bodies will have to find it at the right time
Does anyone know what Berryville has?

Klaw30

Quote from: bigboygottaeat on November 29, 2018, 08:46:56 am
im really interested in this game. was anyone there to watch it? I would have thought that farmington's firepower on offense would have overpowered huntsville
I guess Huntsville defense is really good because I would say Farmington is a top 2 team the Final score was 48-33. I thought Farmington would at least put up 50 on Huntsville. I guess Huntsville is a sleeper this year.

bigboygottaeat

Quote from: Klaw30 on November 29, 2018, 08:47:50 am
Basically, I don't see Gentry being good but they may surprise some people. I agree with NewGobs Post about the rankings but Pea Ridges returning core could be something that will help them in the long run. Shiloh with these new bodies will have to find it at the right time
Does anyone know what Berryville has?

Berryvile has a rlly good point guard prolly top 3 player in 4a-1

scrapdig

No Huntsville posters on here?  How in the world did they hold Farmington to 33 points?  Anyone have any info?

Woopig6

Heard Shawn Canyon might have to have gallbladder surgery. Best of luck to him! BRJ can you confirm?

bigboygottaeat

Quote from: Woopig6 on November 29, 2018, 09:11:41 am
Heard Shawn Canyon might have to have gallbladder surgery. Best of luck to him! BRJ can you confirm?

Oh no i was really excited to wacth him play this year. kid has a high motor

Woopig6

Any changes?
I agree with this ranking. Wouldn't be a shocker to see Shiloh slip into that top 3 for the first time in a while. Best of luck to all 4a-1 teams this year

bigboygottaeat

Quote from: Woopig6 on November 29, 2018, 09:17:03 am
I agree with this ranking. Wouldn't be a shocker to see Shiloh slip into that top 3 for the first time in a while. Best of luck to all 4a-1 teams this year

Why are you so high on shiloh?

BRJ_Basketball

Quote from: Woopig6 on November 29, 2018, 09:11:41 am
Yea I heard he was out of school for a couple days from surgery then came back the next couple of weeks and was working hard for that top spot. Shaun Cranda is working hard in Physical Therapy and he is better off without that gallbladder because he showed out against Elkins on Tuesday.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas