• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2-3A Predictions--Week 7

Started by CoolBreeze, October 09, 2018, 01:58:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

CoolBreeze

October 09, 2018, 01:58:21 pm Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 02:00:07 pm by CoolBreeze
Here are my predictions for  the week:

Marshall at Mountain View—Neither team comes in with a strong resume. Each has a single win over now defunct Cedar Ridge. Of Marshall's 5 losses, 3 were to 2A schools. Their closest game of the 5, a 25-point deficit against Quitman. Only the 53-0 shellacking by Melbourne was to a good team in their own or higher class. On the other hand, Mountain View has 2 losses to 2A teams by the other two were to quality 3A teams, Harrisburg and Harding Academy. While, like Marshall, none of the losses have been close, their win over Cedar Ridge was a true blowout. And they are at home. I give the Yellowjackets a slight edge.

Yellville-Summit at Clinton—This is a mismatch, 1-5 versus 6-0 consensus top 10. 'Nuff said.

Melbourne at Harding Academy—Despite what Fearless Friday's schedule shows this game is in Searcy. Both teams enter the game with 4-2 records, each with a loss to conference leading Clinton. Melbourne's other loss was in week 1 to a Charleston team, which at 3-3 is hardly the equal of the powerhouse Tiger teams of recent years. Harding lost to 4A Bald Knob, who is also 3-3. There is not much to distinguish between the two. Melbourne played a much closer game against Clinton. On the other hand, HA has the advantage of the home field. But the distractions of Homecoming will mitigate the advantage somewhat. Melbourne in a tight one.

What do you think?

QBDad

I agree with each of your picks. The HA/Melbourne game feature the top two passing qb's in 3A. This could be a very entertaining game.

panther07

Based on your write up, I'm trying to figure out what edge you give Melbourne

hhphc

glad the homecoming distraction was brought up.  this is real.  not a friend of the home football team

CoolBreeze

I missed the Melbourne/HA game badly (42-14 HA), but this is one time I'm happy to be wrong.

panther07

Quote from: hhphc on October 10, 2018, 08:07:23 am
glad the homecoming distraction was brought up.  this is real.  not a friend of the home football team

Geez. Guess it's mercy without it.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas