• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

7-2A Playoffs

Started by IdaLions, October 09, 2018, 12:59:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

IdaLions

Just looked at the bracket for the first time this year. The one seed for the 7-2A has a clear shot to the Semi-Finals, hardest team they would play is the one seed from the 3-2A or the three seed from the 6-2A(which I don't think either one could stop Ida, Foreman, or even maybe Gurdon). While the two seed most likely plays Hazen or Earle second round and then probably a second seed Hampton team. This shows just how big the Mount Ida vs. Foreman game is.

Lionsquatch

Possible Ida/Hampton rematch? 

eldofan

Quote from: IdaLions on October 09, 2018, 12:59:27 pm
Just looked at the bracket for the first time this year. The one seed for the 7-2A has a clear shot to the Semi-Finals, hardest team they would play is the one seed from the 3-2A or the three seed from the 6-2A(which I don't think either one could stop Ida, Foreman, or even maybe Gurdon). While the two seed most likely plays Hazen or Earle second round and then probably a second seed Hampton team. This shows just how big the Mount Ida vs. Foreman game is.
Winner of 7 2a will get junction city in the semis prolly

bear for life

are you crazy the 1 seed will have des arc Hector and junction no cake walk

Legacy Lion

Quote from: bear for life on October 09, 2018, 04:38:11 pm

Yeah, des arc was  really tough last year  weren't they? 😊  Yeah yeah, new year new team, etc. True enough, Hector and especially JC always tough.

Lionsquatch

Quote from: bear for life on October 09, 2018, 04:38:11 pm
Des Arc is better than last year but is still not close to the normal Des Arc and also Hector lost to a Magazine team that Mount Ida beat 33-0 (while they were still stumbling around trying to remember how Mount Ida plays football)
And as for Junction, IdaLions said clear shot to the semis which would be where the winner of the 7 would meet JC

IdaLions

Quote from: Lionsquatch on October 10, 2018, 10:44:45 am
Des Arc is better than last year but is still not close to the normal Des Arc and also Hector lost to a Magazine team that Mount Ida beat 33-0 (while they were still stumbling around trying to remember how Mount Ida plays football)
And as for Junction, IdaLions said clear shot to the semis which would be where the winner of the 7 would meet JC

Yayyyy somebody using logic, that's exactly what I ment.

GatorBall

Yeah, most people from Foreman seen this weeks ago as I'm sure Mike White has seen as well. I think they all know how big this is and that playing at home would be much better than having to play on the other side of the world, in Earle.

Yes, this game decides a lot!! HUGE ramifications!! No pressure kids...lol

i40traveler

Tough draw for the 2 seed

Hasbeen92

Butch_Cassidy

Quote from: Hasbeen92 on October 10, 2018, 09:51:47 pm
Tough draw for 1 seed from 6A
We wouldn't want it any other way!!!!!!

i40traveler

Quote from: Hasbeen92 on October 10, 2018, 09:51:47 pm
Tough draw for 1 seed from 6A

Absolutely.  Get rewarded for winning your conference by playing the defending state champs or the best program in the state over the past 2 years, in the 2nd round. 

Dogg

It's also a tough draw for who ever has to play the 1 seed from the 6. There is no celebration for saying we made it to the quarters or semi's. It's about playing for a shot at the title. You're gonna have to face a tough team sooner or later in the playoffs. The ultimate goal is a state championship

Butch_Cassidy

Quote from: i40traveler on October 11, 2018, 08:55:11 am
Absolutely.  Get rewarded for winning your conference by playing the defending state champs or the best program in the state over the past 2 years, in the 2nd round.
It doesn't matter who it is Lets Strap it on and Play ball.  To be the BEST you have to Beat the BEST.  The only thing that will matter is that they PLAY and someone wins and someone takes a L

N2DEEP

Either your the best team or not. Should not matter who you play.

Hasbeen92

Quote from: Dogg on October 11, 2018, 09:48:05 am
It's also a tough draw for who ever has to play the 1 seed from the 6. There is no celebration for saying we made it to the quarters or semi's. It's about playing for a shot at the title. You're gonna have to face a tough team sooner or later in the playoffs. The ultimate goal is a state championship
When was Earle last state title game (never)

Hasbeen92

Quote from: N2DEEP on October 11, 2018, 04:45:51 pm
Either your the best team or not. Should not matter who you play.
"To be the man you've got to beat the man" Rick Flair- however the longer your in playoffs the more you can develop your younger players for next year that's how the good programs stay good

Dogg

October 11, 2018, 09:19:42 pm #17 Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 09:22:23 pm by Dogg
Quote from: Hasbeen92 on October 11, 2018, 09:10:25 pm
When was Earle last state title game (never)
Won a title in 74, loss in the State title game in 84 and your point is......

Hasbeen92

Quote from: Dogg on October 11, 2018, 09:19:42 pm
Quote from: Dogg on October 11, 2018, 09:19:42 pm
What class in 74 and I don't remember 84 who beat them

Dogg

Class A in 74 beat Atkins
84 lost to McGhee
Shouldn't you have known this before your never comment

Hasbeen92

Quote from: Dogg on October 11, 2018, 09:59:21 pm
Class A in 74 beat Atkins
84 lost to McGhee
Shouldn't you have known this before your never comment
84 was 2A that's why I didn't remember and in 74 I was 1 I should have said never in recent memory Earle can't make it championship now in football because it happens during basketball season

Dogg

You've been away to long, culture has changed.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas