• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

stuttgart vs riverview

Started by dirtybirdz69, October 08, 2018, 09:01:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

stuttgart vs riverview lets get it started

stuttgart
21 (84%)
riverview
4 (16%)

Total Members Voted: 25

dirtybirdz69

I think Stuttgart can pull away with this one

RabAlumni

Quote from: dirtybirdz69 on October 08, 2018, 09:01:55 am
I think Stuttgart can pull away with this one

By think, you mean win by 30+ ?

dirtybirdz69

HeberFan

Birds get to rest key players this week.

dirtybirdz69

david walker, tim johnson, tyion berry, derrick amos, quen nelson, john hoskyn, and arion white will get good rest this week

Ladyfan

Quote from: RabAlumni on October 08, 2018, 09:21:30 am

By think, you mean win by 30+ ?

No kidding. Why are we even discussing this game?

HeberFan

Quote from: Ladyfan on October 08, 2018, 09:41:36 am
No kidding. Why are we even discussing this game?

Because it's a game. Sloppy play and lack of effort can result in injuries.

cuckoobird

Get off of FF kid you need to focus. Remember Dewitt?!!!!!

dirtybirdz69

Yes i do. You probably root for a losing 2A school

BigRiverviewGuy

I´ve got Riverview in this one late in the 4th, I believe they will tire out the birds! ;)

cuckoobird

October 08, 2018, 10:52:05 am #10 Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 10:55:07 am by cuckoobird
Yeah you got me pegged. Definitely a kid now if you don't have a clue as to who I root for. Like I said, get off of FF and focus because you are a member of a very small group that has lost to Dewitt and you will hear about it the rest of your life unless you focus now and make a deep run in the playoffs to make people forget about it. It's the only way to save face

RabAlumni

Quote from: cuckoobird on October 08, 2018, 10:52:05 am
Yeah you got me pegged. Definitely a kid now if you don't have a clue as to who I root for. Like I said, get off of FF and focus because you are a member of a very small group that has lost to Dewitt and you will hear about it the rest of your life unless you focus now and make a deep run in the playoffs to make people forget about it. It's the only way to save face

Ouch, Calling out a Stuttgart fan as a fan of a 2A club? I concur, the young man should likely get back to studying. They do study over that way right?  ;)

HeberFan

Lots of sarcasm in here. The thing about "calling someone out" is that the instigator is embarrassed, no matter what, the outcome of a game.

RabAlumni

Quote from: HeberFan on October 08, 2018, 11:23:59 am
Lots of sarcasm in here. The thing about "calling someone out" is that the instigator is embarrassed, no matter what, the outcome of a game.

That sounds deep?  Thanks for the life lesson there Heber!

HeberFan

Quote from: RabAlumni on October 08, 2018, 11:29:08 am

That sounds deep?  Thanks for the life lesson there Heber!

The only smack talk ever needed is: "Scoreboard!"

RabAlumni

Quote from: HeberFan on October 08, 2018, 11:34:23 am
The only smack talk ever needed is: "Scoreboard!"

Used that a lot back in my days, for some reason the "smack talk" never ceased.  Weird!

KASH dba The Lumberjack

First Ricebirds thread in weeks

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on October 08, 2018, 03:36:34 pm
First Ricebirds thread in weeks

When your opponents don't have many if any posters it's kinda unnecessary.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on October 08, 2018, 03:40:44 pm
It's becoming the norm on here.

Sports Guru

The Ref

Riverview is having a difficult time with numbers/depth this year. Only dressing 22-23 on a Fri night is not good for 4A ball or any classification for that matter.

Trojanbird

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on October 08, 2018, 03:40:44 pm
Yes, I agree but then we have Cuckoo calling out our own fans/players, whichever is the case!!  Not good!  Especially coming from a transplant from Gillette/Dewitt.  Go Birds!

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Trojanbird on October 09, 2018, 12:17:23 am
Yes, I agree but then we have Cuckoo calling out our own fans/players, whichever is the case!!  Not good!  Especially coming from a transplant from Gillette/Dewitt.  Go Birds!

Yeah, YOU would never do that...

Quote from: Trojanbird on August 24, 2018, 09:50:58 pm
If you can't handle Dewitt, your only option might be to just forfeit the rest of the season or import some players!

Quote from: Trojanbird on August 24, 2018, 09:30:30 pm
How far has Stuttgart fallen since their championship run?  This has to be on the level of the Marianna loss!  The ricebirds are officially insignificant!

LakeRat

Quote from: Trojanbird on October 09, 2018, 12:17:23 am

Half the fun in engaging Ricebird fans is watching them fight among themselves... ;)

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: LakeRat on October 09, 2018, 07:29:23 am
Half the fun in engaging Ricebird fans is watching them fight among themselves... ;)

I don't think that person is really a fan. He's more negative than positive.

HeberFan

"Fan" is a contraction of "fanatic."

Some fans truly support the team... others are critical... others are only supportive in winning seasons... yet others are long-suffering. What type of "fan" one is, is simply an expression, of one's character.

cuckoobird

Rough game tonight. I hate hearing about poor sportsmanship on the field. Trash talking totally acceptable but physically trying to hurt people is not

SUGARTOWN

October 12, 2018, 10:04:34 pm #27 Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 08:00:56 am by SUGARTOWN
That was the worst display of sportsmanship I've ever seen. It was embarrassing. Riverview had at least 10 unsportsmanlike conduct penalties (maybe more) plus a player and asst. coach ejected. I think I can understand why they only had 25 players dressed out tonight. I wouldn't want my kid to be associated with that program either.

I'm so glad the Birds kept their composure and got out of there with the big 45-9 win.

cuckoobird

October 12, 2018, 11:11:52 pm #28 Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 11:13:24 pm by cuckoobird
I was at the Dewitt game but listening to y'all on the app and couldn't believe what i was hearing.

jacosportsfreak

What all went on?

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on October 12, 2018, 10:04:34 pm
That was the worst display of sportsmanship I've ever seen. It was embarrassing. Riverview had at least 10 unsportsmanlike conduct penalties (maybe more) plus a player and asst. coach ejected. I think I can understand why they only had 25 players dressed out tonight. I wouldn't want my kid to be associated with that program either.

I'm so glad the Birds kept their composure and got out of there with the big 45-9 win.

SUGARTOWN

October 13, 2018, 09:23:03 am #30 Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 09:25:01 am by SUGARTOWN
Quote from: jacosportsfreak on October 13, 2018, 09:08:27 am
What all went on?

It was just one unsportsmanlike conduct penalty after another it seemed for Riverview with late hits and cheap shots. Their starting QB got hurt in the 3rd quarter and I assume they wanted a flag for it although I sure didn't see why. He took a hard hit along the Raider sideline and stayed down. He eventually was taken off on a stretcher (hope he's okay). The head coach got a flag on that play.

A little later an asst. coach got tossed for arguing with the refs. The backup QB (who used to be the starter) got ejected for head butting/targeting a Ricebird defender 5 yards deep in the end zone AFTER he scored a TD. It was just bizarre. The fans were also screaming at the refs as well.

Needless to say, we were glad to get out there. Thankfully the clock was running due to the mercy rule in the second half before it got any worse and I think the Birds escaped without any injuries. 

I've never seen anything like it, it was just embarrassing for their community.

jacosportsfreak

I was told last night, that things got out of hand yesterday at their pee-wee games too.  It must be a culture there.  What a shame!!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas