• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ozark @ Pottsville

Started by Gray lizard, October 08, 2018, 08:14:50 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Gray lizard

So anyone know what to expect from this match up?  I do not think score comps will give you much insight.

Apache4Life

Gray lizard

Quote from: Apache4Life on October 08, 2018, 09:42:13 am
It will be a quick game .
You stating due to ground movement on the field or clock movement in the second half.

Apache4Life

x14113

It's in Ozark's best interest to prepare for the Apaches' best shot this week , especially with stakes that are even higher than last year.

Gray lizard

I would expect the first to score to win the game. Pottsville would like to have two or less offensive drives per half.

Apache4Life

Do you think Pottsville will score ?

Gray lizard

Quote from: Apache4Life on October 09, 2018, 09:38:37 am
Do you think Pottsville will score ?
At this point I really don't know what to expect.  If Ozark shuts down the running game it could be a long night.  If they don't it could be a close game.

Da Truff

gerber707

Maybe I missed something but how did pottsville almost beat booneville but get blown out by dardenelle?

CatPride

Pottsville had 8 turnovers against the Sand Lizards.

gerber707

Gray lizard

Game day.  Witch team shows up tonight.  I don't mean Ozark or Pottsville.  I fully expect Ozark to show up.
I over heard Pottsville thinks they are in the hunt for a conference championship.  That is yet to be seen.

OLDSCHOOL82

Whats the deal with the implosion and several, maybe 5 starters, quitting the team at Pottsville a week or two after the Booneville matchup?

Gray lizard

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on October 12, 2018, 09:07:26 am
Whats the deal with the implosion and several, maybe 5 starters, quitting the team at Pottsville a week or two after the Booneville matchup?
Just a situation with a kid that got out of hand. Coaches trying to do what they thought was a good thing that led to trust issues and numerous kids leaving the program over about 4 grade levels.  The problem extends long before the Booneville game.  Several left the sport or school and a few that have stayed have lost the desire.  They also had a player have a life changing injury off the field just prior to season. I am afraid it has grown into a Jimmy and Joe situation with lack of players.  I said back three years ago this could be a group that competed on the State level, but only if they could hold the group together.  I knew what happened was a possibility.  It has kind of been like watching a ship sink.

StevenGlen

Classic match up of grind it out, smash mouth football against big time speed, good athletes, trying to go full speed all of the time.  Pottsville's best defense will be to keep the ball out the hands of the Ozark offense.  The Apaches will be looking for 3 yards and a cloud of mud, while Ozark will want to run 100 plays on offense.  Kind of a shame it looks like rain.  I know for a fact that Hillbillie fans travel well, and the Apaches are building some momentum.  If the rain will go away for a wile I'd expect a packed house at John Needham Stadium.  No, I don't get a commission on attendance. 

Gray lizard

Well do you get a Nielsen ratings bonus?

x14113

I do hope the Hillbillies have arrived— there's something nasty on I-40 EB, and I'm stuck in the backup.

Safe travels!

x14113

Hey Steven, I'll be sure to pass on the nickname you conjured for the Hillbilly band tonight! ;D

Apache4Life

I would love to see some stats on this game. If anyone finds some lmk.

x14113

This might help.

https://stats.digitalscout.com/football/boys/game/10306762

You can also check stats from Pottsville's other games, too.

Apache4Life

Great site.. yes sir that was kind of bad last night . But, it was a quick game.

gerber707

I really thought the game would have been closer. I guess the apache are having a lot of struggles. They seemed to have some athletes on the field but nothing went their way all night.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas