• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Batesville Southside

Started by MDXPHD, October 06, 2018, 09:49:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MDXPHD

Do they have a team this year? If so, do any of the above average teams actually ever worry about losing to them? 

Chuckitdeep

They have a decent team. Problem for them has been penalties and poor run defense has been an issue. They have enough juice to scare some teams but it looks like they can't be consistent on the road. Good teams go on the road and come out with the same intensity as they do at home and they have not.

panther07

But they got a coach who thinks he's awesome because he does power clean.

Razorhummer

Yes penalties have hurt them indeed and having several starters out due to injuries hasn't helped on both defense and offense.

MDXPHD

Quote from: panther07 on October 06, 2018, 11:10:25 pm

😂😂

Chuckitdeep

The good thing for them is they have only one road game left @Mills which should be a win. They have played much sharper at home. They should be getting healthier too in the next few weeks.

JessieP

Quote from: panther07 on October 06, 2018, 11:10:25 pm

Now that's funny. You've got some skills panther. +100. Don't worry too much about it, he's been at 5 schools in 6 years so chances are it will be 6 in 7, wandering eye syndrome.

The ultimate irony is that SS does have a very respectable team but the one glaring weakness seems to be endurance. They run out of gas. Watch them late in the 3rd and entire 4th quarter. Hands on hips, heads down and they walk on and off the field.

Chuckitdeep

One thing that should be encouraging for the SS folks is their staff has done a great job getting their community involved and building a family atmosphere. They also invest a lot of time with their youngsters which will benefit them down the road. A mark of a successful program is how supportive their community is of them. Take the Batesville program. Whether it's a great year, good year, or down year they still come out and support those kids on Friday. They're not at that point but good to see them working towards that. Don't think they'll get past the first round this season but they are definitely trending the right direction for a program that's only a few years removed from being 0-10.

panther07

Quote from: JessieP on October 07, 2018, 10:12:35 pm
Now that's funny. You've got some skills panther. +100. Don't worry too much about it, he's been at 5 schools in 6 years so chances are it will be 6 in 7, wandering eye syndrome.

The ultimate irony is that SS does have a very respectable team but the one glaring weakness seems to be endurance. They run out of gas. Watch them late in the 3rd and entire 4th quarter. Hands on hips, heads down and they walk on and off the field.

Haha! He's a dweeb.  Really wants people to think he's awesome. 

MDXPHD

Quote from: JessieP on October 07, 2018, 10:12:35 pm

Jessie, you got a shout out from the coach on his Instagram! Maybe you and him could grab lunch sometime in the near future? I'd like to sit in and be a mediator if you don't mind.

JessieP

October 09, 2018, 02:51:28 pm #10 Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 09:25:56 am by JessieP
Quote from: MDXPHD on October 09, 2018, 02:35:33 pm
Jessie, you got a shout out from the coach on his Instagram! Maybe you and him could grab lunch sometime in the near future? I'd like to sit in and be a mediator if you don't mind.

I'm honored. I find it quite amusing, Coaches, teams, plays and everything else is criticized on these boards. Some coaches are bashed mercilessly, Yet I've only seen one respond. Makes you wonder. This has been a frustrating year for the Pioneers, Things haven't panned out the way we hoped. Down years happen, it's part of the game. The one thing we can take comfort in is the fact that our coaches aren't getting into beefs on social media, they understand criticism is part of the territory, they're adults.

dirtybird12

As an outsider, with all they had coming back I find it disappointing they are not producing better results. This could have been a banner year. Hopefully this staff has not 'maxed out' what they have in SS.

bigchief72455

Quote from: JessieP on October 09, 2018, 02:51:28 pm
I'm honored. I find it quite amusing, Coaches, teams, plays and everything else is criticized on these boards. Some coaches are bashed mercilessly, Yet I've only seen one respond. Makes you wonder. This has been a frustrating year for the Pioneers, Things haven't panned out the way we hoped. Down years happen, it's part of the game. The one thing we can take comfort in is the fact that our coaches aren't getting into beefs on social media, they understand criticism is part of the territory, their adults.
I tried to find the instagram post but didn't see it. LOL

Little Bear

Sounds like Batesville Southside has had some key players go down with injuries.   Most teams in 4A don't have the depth to just plug someone else in without a drop off.   Sounds like they are playing some kids that aren't ready for varsity football and thus the games get away from them.     I'm not saying this is the case but I know at this level injuries can really change a season for most 4A teams.

Redwolves8526

They just really weren't that great to begin with, with or without injuries. An average 4A team with 2nd round of the playoffs as their ceiling.

LakeRat

Quote from: Redwolves8526 on October 10, 2018, 09:12:25 am
They just really weren't that great to begin with, with or without injuries. An average 4A team with 2nd round of the playoffs as their ceiling.

Thanks Captain Obvious... you just described over 80% of the 4A conference.

Many teams enter the season with great potential and a reasonable ranking to support it. A lot of factors change their actual performance by mid season... injuries, team cohesiveness, poor coaching decisions, lack of endurance training, raging teenage hormonal shifts, and even a common cold or flu can take down a whole team for a couple of weeks and knock them out of contention... Then there's the competition in flux each week.  No need to bag on a whole team or program... in 2-4A it's any teams season to win or lose each year.

HeberFan

October 10, 2018, 10:11:24 am #16 Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 10:14:14 am by HeberFan
Fans quickly change their minds about a team. Southside is still plenty good. Any team that underestimates the Southerners will pay for it.

Assuming both sides hold serve, Heber travels to Independence County next week, for the game likely to decide second place in the conference. Southside will remember last year's road loss. Heber will remember two years ago when the Southerners rode their second-string quarterback to a win. Should be a battle.

Assuming the conference holds current form, and that's a big assumption, who finishes fourth and fifth in the league????

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: HeberFan on October 10, 2018, 10:11:24 am
Fans quickly change their minds about a team. Southside is still plenty good. Any team that underestimates the Southerners will pay for it.

Assuming both sides hold serve, Heber travels to Independence County next week, for the game likely to decide second place in the conference. Southside will remember last year's road loss. Heber will remember two years ago when the Southerners rode their second-string quarterback to a win. Should be a battle.

Assuming the conference holds current form, and that's a big assumption, who finishes fourth and fifth in the league????

The loser of Heber-SS could wind up in 4th...

HeberFan

October 10, 2018, 10:27:52 am #18 Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 10:31:27 am by HeberFan
Quote from: SUGARTOWN on October 10, 2018, 10:20:08 am
The loser of Heber-SS could wind up in 4th...

Certainly could, and, what a painful fall would be from 2nd to 4th.

Second means a home game against a pretty awful 3-4A team. Fourth probably means a road game against Dumas. OUCH!

Little Bear

Assuming Stuttgart finishes 1st...............it is actually still wide open for 2nd-5th.        Safe to say Mills is left out.     

bigchief72455

Quote from: HeberFan on October 10, 2018, 10:27:52 am
Certainly could, and, what a painful fall would be from 2nd to 4th.

Second means a home game against a pretty awful 3-4A team. Fourth probably means a road game against Dumas. OUCH!
Who knows. A pretty awful 3-4A team went to Dumas last year and won big.

HeberFan

Quote from: bigchief72455 on October 10, 2018, 10:46:01 am
Who knows. A pretty awful 3-4A team went to Dumas last year and won big.

It is football.  Southside and Lonoke each have the ability to shake up the conference this month.

RabAlumni

Quote from: HeberFan on October 10, 2018, 10:53:36 am
It is football.  Southside and Lonoke each have the ability to shake up the conference this month.

I believe Lonoke goes 3-1 for the month of October. As you pointed out, it is football and we are talking about 15-18 year old young men so anything can happen. However, I believe Lonoke wins vs Mills this week for Homecoming. Then they win @ CAC and they lose a hard fought battle @ Stuttgart because well this game is always close historically.

Speaking of CAC I do not see where they have beat a quality opponent to date. A 3-3 record with Wins vs Mills, Riverview, and Baptist Prep are less than impressive. Just my two cents!

GRN R H-2 X-Deep Over

I would like to see a nice power clean.

HeberFan

Quote from: RabAlumni on October 10, 2018, 11:00:56 am

I believe Lonoke goes 3-1 for the month of October. As you pointed out, it is football and we are talking about 15-18 year old young men so anything can happen. However, I believe Lonoke wins vs Mills this week for Homecoming. Then they win @ CAC and they lose a hard fought battle @ Stuttgart because well this game is always close historically.

Speaking of CAC I do not see where they have beat a quality opponent to date. A 3-3 record with Wins vs Mills, Riverview, and Baptist Prep are less than impressive. Just my two cents!

Agreed.

Looking at the schedule, it seems that Southside, Heber and Lonoke have the best chance of filling out the 2-4 spots. The order of which is debatable. Guess that leaves Bald Knob or CAC in fifth.

RabAlumni

Quote from: HeberFan on October 10, 2018, 11:04:12 am
Agreed.

Looking at the schedule, it seems that Southside, Heber and Lonoke have the best chance of filling out the 2-4 spots. The order of which is debatable. Guess that leaves Bald Knob or CAC in fifth.

I honestly think Heber will end up being # 2 unless Lonoke just goes on a tear and wins out which would put them #1, but winning at Stuttgart is "almost" impossible for Lonoke. The Schedule in my opinion for the last 4 weeks does set up quite nicely for Lonoke though as they have already played Heber, BK, and SS finishing 2-1 in those 3. 

HeberFan

Quote from: RabAlumni on October 10, 2018, 11:16:47 am

I honestly think Heber will end up being # 2 unless Lonoke just goes on a tear and wins out which would put them #1, but winning at Stuttgart is "almost" impossible for Lonoke. The Schedule in my opinion for the last 4 weeks does set up quite nicely for Lonoke though as they have already played Heber, BK, and SS finishing 2-1 in those 3.

Yes, and, Lonoke traditionally gets better as the season progresses. Not all teams do that.

panther07

Quote from: bigchief72455 on October 10, 2018, 08:24:47 am
I tried to find the instagram post but didn't see it. LOL

It's on the twitter. Where the rest of the GAINZ take place. It is squatober after all

Trojanbird

Quote from: RabAlumni on October 10, 2018, 11:16:47 am

Not so quick there, I remember 2012 when Lonoke came into Stuttgart and handed the birds their only loss of the year!  A game that the eventual state champs should have won with their eyes closed!  It ain't over until it's over!

MDXPHD

Does it even matter who gets 2-4 in the conference? None of them will be relevant in the playoffs.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: MDXPHD on October 11, 2018, 06:32:25 am
Does it even matter who gets 2-4 in the conference? None of them will be relevant in the playoffs.

The 2 & 3 seeds get home games, so it definitely matters to them. If you're asking if  any of them get to the semi finals, then no, probably not. Which I guess makes them about as irrelevant as the Pioneers are in 5A.

Little Bear

Yes.   It matters to the kids.   Only 1 team will end the season on a happy note. 

HeberFan

Not you kindest comment, pal.

RabAlumni

Quote from: Trojanbird on October 10, 2018, 11:31:58 pm
Not so quick there, I remember 2012 when Lonoke came into Stuttgart and handed the birds their only loss of the year!  A game that the eventual state champs should have won with their eyes closed!  It ain't over until it's over!

Hence why I stated "almost".

MDXPHD

October 11, 2018, 12:29:31 pm #34 Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 12:41:13 pm by MDXPHD
Y'all are sensitive.

RabAlumni

Quote from: MDXPHD on October 11, 2018, 12:29:31 pm
Y'all are sensitive.

That time of the Month for some, however I can't wait until a 2-3 seed ends up in the Quarter's or Semi's this year and I get to come back to this very post and tell you what I really think!

phdefense

Quote from: RabAlumni on October 11, 2018, 02:15:37 pm

That time of the Month for some, however I can't wait until a 2-3 seed ends up in the Quarter's or Semi's this year and I get to come back to this very post and tell you what I really think!
That last time Bald Knob was in the 4A-2, the top 4 seeds all made it to the quarter-finals. I am not saying that I think it will happen. Just that it did.

RabAlumni

Quote from: phdefense on October 11, 2018, 02:18:52 pm
That last time Bald Knob was in the 4A-2, the top 4 seeds all made it to the quarter-finals. I am not saying that I think it will happen. Just that it did.

Some people tend to think a 2 seed or a 3 seed aren't a quality team just because of the seeding number in front of them. I recall several lower seeds knocking off higher seeds throughout my playing days. I mean heck, look at the 4 seed that has won a college football national championship  or that 13 seed in your bracket that knocked off the 4 seed.  If you base your opinion just off a number then of course the higher seed is victorious right?

Neckred

Quote from: panther07 on October 08, 2018, 07:46:19 pm
Haha! He's a dweeb.  Really wants people to think he's awesome.
I would really love you and old Jessie P to say it to this man's face.  No chance you would

JessieP

Quote from: Neckred on October 11, 2018, 02:29:06 pm
I would really love you and old Jessie P to say it to this man's face.  No chance you would

Say what? That Southside is overrated? That they run out of gas? That he has had a lot of different jobs in a short period of time? If we were to say that to his face he would attack us? Beat us up? What are you 12? By simply posting that we know your a moron, the only question is your age. According to you posting negative comments of a high school message board warrants a physical attack? And you feel anyone who would condone such behavior should be working with kids? I wonder how many times Saban checks in with the Roll Tide message boards?

Neckred

October 11, 2018, 03:03:49 pm #40 Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 03:05:53 pm by Neckred
Jessie I was talking about him calling him a dweeb.  You know you and this other clown neither one would call him that to his face.  You are just especially upset that Batesville is really bad.  I guess you have trouble with reading comprehension because I didn't mention any of that BS you posted.  And yes I do believe if someone got called a dweeb by a grown man and he whipped that @#@ I have no problem with him coaching kids. 

bigchief72455

Quote from: Neckred on October 11, 2018, 02:29:06 pm
If he valued his job, he wouldn't do anything.

Neckred

October 11, 2018, 03:14:10 pm #42 Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 03:17:58 pm by Neckred
Quote from: bigchief72455 on October 11, 2018, 03:10:35 pm
If he valued his job, he wouldn't do anything.
Yes and that's a sad reality we live in.  These keyboard warriors still wouldn't try it.

CCEAGLES22

This thread is interesting.  A coach seems to be getting bashed because he likes weights???  You would be surprised how many schools in Arkansas have a terrible weight program and clueless coaches trying to run them.  I know some schools who are so dumb they don't even power clean or squat. 

JessieP

Quote from: Neckred on October 11, 2018, 03:03:49 pm
Jessie I was talking about him calling him a dweeb.  You know you and this other clown neither one would call him that to his face.  You are just especially upset that Batesville is really bad.  I guess you have trouble with reading comprehension because I didn't mention any of that BS you posted.  And yes I do believe if someone got called a dweeb by a grown man and he whipped that @#@ I have no problem with him coaching kids.

A couple quick points. First, Judging by your grammar, punctuation and diction you shouldn't be speculating on anyone's comprehension level. Second, You're ok with that kind of behavior? Sad. Did you make a video of the episode of Cops you were on?

JessieP

Quote from: Neckred on October 11, 2018, 03:14:10 pm
Yes and that's a sad reality we live in.  These keyboard warriors still wouldn't try it.

You are really simple minded aren't you. Calling people keyboard warriors while sitting at your...keyboard. Classic.

HeberFan

Some people in here missed their nap time and sippy cup.....

Back to the message board. Southside is plenty good. Can they run the table for 2nd in conference ?

bigchief72455

Weights are good but you need to get the cardio in as well

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: HeberFan on October 11, 2018, 03:36:04 pm
Some people in here missed their nap time and sippy cup.....

Back to the message board. Southside is plenty good. Can they run the table for 2nd in conference ?

Running the table might not get them 2nd.

RabAlumni

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on October 11, 2018, 04:06:46 pm
Running the table might not get them 2nd.

Likely wouldn't...  But that isn't happening anyways so!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas