• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Star City at Dumas

Started by bulldoghistorian, October 06, 2018, 03:00:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bulldoghistorian

Dumas hung with Warren for 3 quarters last night, while we got dominated on both sides of the ball against Hamburg. If we show up to play, we have a chance! If not, it'll be a long night!

Dogpound2010

Gotta start passing the ball and offensive line Gonna have to block until whistle...

bulldoghistorian

Quote from: Dogpound2010 on October 06, 2018, 03:37:09 pm
Gotta start passing the ball and offensive line Gonna have to block until whistle...
In our losses with the exception of the Warren game, our line play has been horrendous!

ea cat

Star City vs Dumas is always a good game.

Dogpound2010

Got all them big boys in the sideline but none of them get any playing time

bulldoghistorian

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: bulldoghistorian on October 06, 2018, 03:00:12 pm
Dumas hung with Warren for 3 quarters last night, while we got dominated on both sides of the ball against Hamburg. If we show up to play, we have a chance! If not, it'll be a long night!
Dumas is tough no pushover

Sports Guru

Dumas QB is quick and speedy if you let him get in the clear you mise well say Touchdown. Dumas by 30

Reddie20

Quote from: bulldoghistorian on October 06, 2018, 04:30:32 pm
In our losses with the exception of the Warren game, our line play has been horrendous!
Passing the ball is not in Coach Vereen's Scheme unless he has changed it.  He might throw it a little bit but from what I've seen in the past, its all run.  The bad line play is probably more due to the fact that they have been blocking in a spread offense until this year and now they are learning how to block in the Wing T.  It is not an easy transition for the linemen or the entire offense as a whole.

bulldoghistorian

Quote from: Reddie20 on October 08, 2018, 10:18:32 am
Passing the ball is not in Coach Vereen's Scheme unless he has changed it.  He might throw it a little bit but from what I've seen in the past, its all run.  The bad line play is probably more due to the fact that they have been blocking in a spread offense until this year and now they are learning how to block in the Wing T.  It is not an easy transition for the linemen or the entire offense as a whole.
You're correct. We do throw it very little if any.

Dogpound2010

Every good team that we played we have not been able to score  more than 7 point a game, something got to change Bc what we running not working...

Spectator

10 picks through the 1st five games. If I were him I wouldn't throw it any.

bulldoghistorian

ea cat

RabAlumni

Dumas will roll in this game... They played Warren tougher than anyone for 3 Q's this year and their depth just wore down in the 4th. Dumas, especially @ Dumas, will take this game.  I would not want to be a Play-off opponent playing @ Dumas either!

bulldoghistorian

Quote from: ea cat on October 10, 2018, 08:20:19 am
Please throw the ball.
I wish we threw short passes every now and then, but don't count on it! We'll try to run it all night!

DeltaBoy

Just got back in town last night to see the jr boys play.  Man star city put a beating on us!  Hope we return the favor tonight. Go Cats!

bulldoghistorian

Quote from: DeltaBoy on October 12, 2018, 08:37:13 am
Just got back in town last night to see the jr boys play.  Man star city put a beating on us!  Hope we return the favor tonight. Go Cats!
Would be nice to see a carry over from last night! Go Dogs!!

owl84

Dogpound2010

owl84

ea cat

Final Dumas 28 Star City 23.

bulldoghistorian

Even with the loss, we played hard, and honestly should have won, we just made too many critical mistakes at the most critical times! Congrats to Dumas!

BD fan

October 13, 2018, 12:12:08 am #23 Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 12:14:26 am by BD fan
Quote from: bulldoghistorian on October 08, 2018, 11:30:28 am
You're correct. We do throw it very little if any.
Was proud to see us complete a few passes tonight, even for a touchdown, however we are still very much lacking in ability to throw the ball with any persistency, critical interceptions in several games, lobbing it up there is not very effective, but agree it has to be done to break it up, we just don't have much in our passing game or ability.. very Proud of the heart in these young Men,  they are improving weekly.. And have been against some outstanding atheletes and teams..

bulldoghistorian

I think we run the table and take the 4 seed, finishing at 4-3.

Sports Guru

Quote from: bulldoghistorian on October 13, 2018, 12:19:14 am
I think we run the table and take the 4 seed, finishing at 4-3.

Crossett vs Star City is gonna be a showdown in 3 weeks!! Gonna be a good one buddy.

bulldoghistorian

Quote from: Crossett Eagle on October 13, 2018, 12:47:22 am
Crossett vs Star City is gonna be a showdown in 3 weeks!! Gonna be a good one buddy.
Absolutely!

ea cat

Star City came to play last night. Fake punt was beautiful. Good Luck the rest of the season.

bulldoghistorian

Quote from: ea cat on October 13, 2018, 08:46:50 am
Star City came to play last night. Fake punt was beautiful. Good Luck the rest of the season.
Thank you! Yes it was, loved that play call! Good luck to you guys as well!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas