• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Greenland @ Lamar

Started by Warriors023, October 05, 2018, 10:49:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HorseFeathers

3 passing TDS of 48, 49 and 65 for Greenland tonight

Warriors023

There's been miss communications within the Lamar secondary. That needs to stop

TheTruth2010

Lamar-33. Greenland-27  final

Hitman Warrior23

Was getting almost play by play from a buddy of mine. WOW. But like the saying goes ugly win better then a pretty loss.   Great job to Greenland safe travels home.  What a tale of two different halves.

HorseFeathers

Greenland exposed some stuff for sure tonight.... Good game, well worth the drive over from Pope County...good luck to lamar the rest of the way

TheTruth2010

The First half had me almost convinced about this Lamar team... but then they played the second half lol. Either way, good to get the W.

Warriors023

They came out absloutley flat in the second half. They're will have that adjusted next week I hope. Can't let off the gas and I think tonight showed them that tonight

Hitman Warrior23

Quote from: Warriors023 on October 12, 2018, 10:09:58 pm
They came out absloutley flat in the second half. They're will have that adjusted next week I hope. Can't let off the gas and I think tonight showed them that tonight

Agreed

CatPride

Quote from: TheTruth2010 on October 12, 2018, 09:34:13 pm
Lamar-33. Greenland-27  final
[/quote
Wow!! Greenland made a run. I'll say this about the Pirates, they don't give up.

MICHAELSPAPPY

October 13, 2018, 07:52:38 am #109 Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 08:10:05 am by MICHAELSPAPPY
A win is a win, but this one has to be worrying Doc, especially with Mansfield's and Charleston's pass offenses looming out there still. This one should not have been nearly as close as it was.

NEGATIVES: Our pass defense was pretty pathetic. Make that very pathetic. I don't know if our guys were asleep, or what, but Doc may be prescribing some redlines on Monday as a cure. And we could not run straight up the middle. I had thought our offensive line was pretty good, but I surely did not see it last night.

POSITIVES: Our running game was solid again, as long as we ran toward the sidelines before we turned upfield. Our defense against the run was good. And our passing offense looked sharp when we used it. Nice to have that weapon available.

7-0 is 7-0, but we will have to play better than we played last night to get to 8-0 and beyond. I did not see anything last night to worry Booneville, and I saw a lot to make Mansfield and Charleston eager to play us.

As Frank used to say, we are going to have to get bettah.

beach bum

Quote from: HorseFeathers on October 12, 2018, 09:19:35 pm
3 passing TDS of 48, 49 and 65 for Greenland tonight

Greenland's offense becomes very ordinary when they can't get the big pass plays.... When they don't get those big plays they go through scoring slumps, but man do they explode quickly when they do. They have been doing that all year it seems. Scoring like 2/3 of their points in a quarter and a half or something like that.

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: beach bum on October 13, 2018, 09:10:11 am

Greenland's offense becomes very ordinary when they can't get the big pass plays.... When they don't get those big plays they go through scoring slumps, but man do they explode quickly when they do. They have been doing that all year it seems. Scoring like 2/3 of their points in a quarter and a half or something like that.

Yeah. We are making that last drive, and running the clock down pretty good, and get it down to about 2 minutes before we stall out - but that wasn't good enough against Greenland. Pretty explosive offense. No time to be taking naps.

MICHAELSPAPPY

The sad thing about this game is that we did not learn very much (except that we have some things to work on). Obvious that we are pretty good. But can we get to the "very good" level it will take in the last three? I don't know.

I did like it that Doc was using the big tight end on some pass plays. I would say he could be a weapon. Beautiful little flea-flicker he pulled that one time.

macadoshis

Great win last night.  A couple of things to clean up but this team is really good.  The intensity is there.  Balanced offense and a ton of playmakers.  Came away from this game very impressed. 

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: macadoshis on October 13, 2018, 09:39:10 am
Great win last night.  A couple of things to clean up but this team is really good.  The intensity is there.  Balanced offense and a ton of playmakers.  Came away from this game very impressed.

I agree, Mac. This team is close to being very good, but those "couple of things" right now are what keep us from making that step. If we get those worked out, we could be in a position to win some games in the playoffs.

MICHAELSPAPPY

October 13, 2018, 10:38:07 am #115 Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 11:39:14 am by MICHAELSPAPPY
I have been a little critical of Lamar fans because they don't seem to know when to make lots of noise (i.e., when your team is on defense, especially 3rd down, most especially when the teams are toward the middle of the field.) That is when the cheerleaders ought to be making sure there is lots of noise, but they don't seem to comprehend that fact.

However, I moved over to the end zone with Mrs. Doc and the boys during Greenland's final drive, and I will have to say that the Lamar fans' response was outstanding! Lots of sustained noise, on their feet, like it should be. Really good atmosphere, and it paid off. I think the Warrior fans made a big difference down the stretch.

I was impressed by the progress the Warrior QB has made between last year and this. He does a good job of running the show, and his passing has improved.

MICHAELSPAPPY

Good teams find a way to beat decent opponents, even when they have an off night. We beat Danville and Greenland under those circumstances. (The Danville win looks a little better after they beat 6-0 Atkins.) But now we are to the part of the schedule where you cannot afford to have off nights, because these guys will make you pay for it.

MICHAELSPAPPY

One thing I did like about Lamar is that their kicking game is pretty decent. The big guy puts nice, high kickoffs fairly well down the field, and he is getting better at place kicking. And their punter is decent, also.

xadboy

Gotta give props to Greenland, they didn't give up after the first half. Came out swinging in the second half and landed some big blows. With the capabilities of the offense they aren't out of many games. Greenland's quarterback throws a pretty ball and accurate as well. If Greenland's had a better defense they would be one of the most dangerous teams in the state. Good luck to them the rest of the year. Sure wouldn't want to get matched up with them in the playoffs.

Warriors023

I feel like Greenland is a playoff 4-5 seed sleeper team. They hun around with Booneville, Mansfield, and Lamar, all 3 of which are pretty good teams. I see them possibly making an upset or two in November

beach bum

Quote from: Warriors023 on October 14, 2018, 05:54:15 pm
I feel like Greenland is a playoff 4-5 seed sleeper team. They hun around with Booneville, Mansfield, and Lamar, all 3 of which are pretty good teams. I see them possibly making an upset or two in November

There is a chance that the 2 seed from the 1-3A  plays the 4 seed in a rematch in the 2nd round.... The 4 seed from this conference will have to beat Harding Academy, but the 1-3A is solidly strong this year, and the 2-3A is the worst conference so I think that will be an extremely competitive game. That means if Lamar gets the 2 seed they may have a little chance of just playing the 4 seed again in the postseason in the 2nd round.

beach bum

Quote from: xadboy on October 14, 2018, 05:15:43 pm
Gotta give props to Greenland, they didn't give up after the first half. Came out swinging in the second half and landed some big blows. With the capabilities of the offense they aren't out of many games. Greenland's quarterback throws a pretty ball and accurate as well. If Greenland's had a better defense they would be one of the most dangerous teams in the state. Good luck to them the rest of the year. Sure wouldn't want to get matched up with them in the playoffs.

Greenland has a lot of big play threat.... It seems like I remember they were down big to Mansfield and came back to make it competitive. They were down a couple scores to Mountainburg and exploded the last 15 minutes of the game to win by 2 TD's. They even scored fast on Booneville then went cold. Not often you see a team go hot and cold like that so drastically at the high school level.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: beach bum on October 14, 2018, 07:30:20 pm
There is a chance that the 2 seed from the 1-3A  plays the 4 seed in a rematch in the 2nd round.... The 4 seed from this conference will have to beat Harding Academy, but the 1-3A is solidly strong this year, and the 2-3A is the worst conference so I think that will be an extremely competitive game. That means if Lamar gets the 2 seed they may have a little chance of just playing the 4 seed again in the postseason in the 2nd round.
It would be hard to argue that the 2-3A is the weakest conference with two teams out now and two weak teams certain to make the playoffs even though they will defeat no one now defunct Cedar Ridge and even weaker conference teams. But that doesn't mean that the teams at the top of the conference should be tarred with the same brush. Despite their thumping by Clinton, HA has a sound team. They are healthy now and beginning to gel. Don't expect them to be a pushover in the playoffs.

panther07

Quote from: beach bum on October 14, 2018, 07:30:20 pm

It most definitely can happen. But last time the 4 from the league came over to searcy in playoffs in 16, Lamar got whipped by 3 scores. I wouldn't expect a win out of the 4 in searcy. But it's possible for sure.

Warriors023

Greenland and HA would be a VERY interesting and possibly high scoring game

Skip Baymore

October 15, 2018, 11:40:08 pm #125 Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 11:43:20 pm by Skip Baymore
Quote from: panther07 on October 15, 2018, 01:18:42 pm
It most definitely can happen. But last time the 4 from the league came over to searcy in playoffs in 16, Lamar got whipped by 3 scores. I wouldn't expect a win out of the 4 in searcy. But it's possible for sure.

Yeah.  That Lamar game was not competitive, but HA was on its way to the state championship that year.  Its interesting to me that the realignment At This particular point in time has yielded no powerhouse conferences, IMO.  Real good teams at the top of each and some conferences clearly stronger than others, but more parity than ever this year.  Id predict an HA win over Greenland for sure if they played next week with no significant injuries occurring to either before, lol. 

I just reread what you said and my above comment was referring to 2012.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Skip Baymore on October 15, 2018, 11:40:08 pm
Yeah.  That Lamar game was not competitive, but HA was on its way to the state championship that year.  Its interesting to me that the realignment At This particular point in time has yielded no powerhouse conferences, IMO.  Real good teams at the top of each and some conferences clearly stronger than others, but more parity than ever this year.  Id predict an HA win over Greenland for sure if they played next week with no significant injuries occurring to either before, lol. 

I just reread what you said and my above comment was referring to 2012.
In 2012, a 4-seed (Smackover) gave HA all they could handle, and one of their toughest games en route to that state championship.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas