• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Week 7 Mount Ida vs. Foreman

Started by IdaLions, October 05, 2018, 10:18:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

IdaLions

Here it is folks, the game the 7-2A has been waiting for. Both of these titans have been competitive for the 3rd year in a row, and I don't expect this to be different. This game will most likely come down to the wire. Foreman has the edge, playing on there home field and playin good football right now. But, Mount Ida is looking for blood, and they will attempt to close the wound left behind from last years State Championship loss. Expecting very great games from both teams. This will be exciting to watch. that being said.....

Mount Ida barely scrapes by to become 7-0, knocking the State Champions down(honestly this one seems so close it could go either way)

Partsman

Gonna be High School Football at it's finest.

Greyhound#1

couch-coach06

I predict defensive battle...oh this week is gona be fun

Redzone

Gonna be a low scoring defensive battle! Can't wait for next Friday! Two best teams in the state

dawgpound

Eslim03

Wow the time has finally passed for these two teams to get it on again. What a joy this week will be to see it unfold. It will be rocking in Foreman Arkansas next Friday. Looking for a old fashion smash mouth football game this will be the must see game of the week in 2a Ball. Can't wait. Go gators.

M.I. D

Rarely do the #1 and #2 teams square off in the regular season and for what's most likely a Conference Championship!!! Games like this have the potential to be remembered for a lifetime. Both very good teams and I expect nothing less than a legitimate BATTLE. Physical Football and the team that has the least amount of mistakes and does all the fundamental things right will get the W. Who wants it most ???

ThreadWatcher

Been waiting all season for this week! It's going to be a battle for sure....but I'm taking the Mighty Lions in a close one.

IdaLions

Is Batey still at QB? I heard earlier this year he was playing as one of the slotbacks. just wondering

Redzone

Yes he's still at QB. Although he does get moved around a couple times a game.

Bearden_Bear72

I'm going to go with Mt. Ida by 2.  Probably gonna be one the best games to see this year I would think.  Game of the week no doubt.

godgiven999

Bearden_Bear72

Will Foreman or Mt.  Ida have a livestream going?  Would love to watch this from home

IdaLions

Probably put Batey at slotback and run that rocket sweep, Mount Ida has to learn to set a hard edge this week or Batey will do what Batey does best.

ThreadWatcher

Mt. Ida will be covered on KENA (104.1) out of Mena. They have an app that you can listen. Don't think they have a livestream though :( Maybe Foreman does, that would be awesome. Wonder what the field will be like down in "Da Swamp?"

Redzone

Carver kid will be back this week. I'm sure him and Batey will split reps at QB. I wish we had a live stream but unfortunately we do not.

couch-coach06

Did carver play last night ? It said on max preps he caught a td pass

Eslim03

Quote from: couch-coach06 on October 06, 2018, 01:16:17 pm
Did carver play last night ? It said on max preps he caught a td pass

Carver played a hand full of plays and yes he did catch a TD. He didn't have any rushing attempts but he will be ready Friday.

couch-coach06

Him and Smith at the slot back bring a ton more speed too our back field

Redzone

The smith kid impressed me with coming back from a heart surgery just a few weeks ago.

couch-coach06

Yeah I don't see him as an every down back but he is sure a nice change of pace too bring in that speed off the bench

IdaLions

Geez Batey looks even faster on film this year. That's some scary speed, we best bring our A game

stuck in between

The amount of respect these two teams and their fans have for each other is very much indicated in this thread. As game time approaches I hope we (both sides) will continue to keep our comments classy. In my opinion that helps build what has fast became a great rivalry. So often these threads turn into nothing other than grown folks setting bad examples as to how their kids/team should act. With the staggering number ejections and unsportsmanlike penalties that have been handed out this year it is clear that we all need to try and do a better job of leading by example. There is nothing wrong with some good ol' ribbing, but often times it turns into genuine disrespect. Thanks to the Ida posters thus far and I can assure you there isn't a person on this board that respects what you guys have done more than I. I will give my prediction in my normal weekly post.

couch-coach06

I learned my smack talking lesson last year lol

Wantobe

Whether it's Batey's speed or Lagrange's Power, Haywood's Defense or Jackson's Offense, Carver's fiery attitude or Dyer's sheer want to, Coach White's proven tactics or Coach King's ability to adjust, one thing is for sure- The guys from both of these teams have earned the respect of the entire 2A. You FF posters (and anyone that enjoys football) know this.
I pray for good weather, good sportsmanship, and a good health report when the final whistle blows. No matter who plays in Little Rock in December, I believe this is the 2A Game of the year.

Booster51s

OLionSwag74

Ida by 6. I think Coach White and the boys have a huge chip on their shoulder and want this one badly.

Hasbeen92

Regular season game of year in 2A I think Mt Ida s defense and experience in big games is difference  they win a close one, however I would not be surprised if it went the other way. I wish they were playing at Mt Ida- Forman is a little to far from my house

IdaLions

Quote from: Wantobe on October 06, 2018, 09:41:02 pm
Whether it's Batey's speed or Lagrange's Power, Haywood's Defense or Jackson's Offense, Carver's fiery attitude or Dyer's sheer want to, Coach White's proven tactics or Coach King's ability to adjust, one thing is for sure- The guys from both of these teams have earned the respect of the entire 2A. You FF posters (and anyone that enjoys football) know this.
I pray for good weather, good sportsmanship, and a good health report when the final whistle blows. No matter who plays in Little Rock in December, I believe this is the 2A Game of the year.

👍🏽

i40traveler

IdaLions

Quote from: i40traveler on October 08, 2018, 09:33:33 am
Either of these teams any good?

Both easily are in the top 5 in 2A, i'm assuming this post is sarcasm

Lionsquatch

Nah, I think they are both overrated and shouldn't be in the top 10.  I'm sorry had to.  Yes these 2 teams are both top 5 teams and possibly the 2 very best in 2A but that is always a touchy and subjective topic.  That being said I'll take Ida by a 2-pt conversion in a defensive low scoring game

i40traveler

Any truth to this game being played behind the yellow store in Oden?

couch-coach06

I'm very thankful this game is in foreman.. I think it will be an absolute dog fight.. i am still a bit concerned about the young oline of the Gators only three of the starters have battled the lions and can fully understand the physicality that must be matched for us too be successful in this battle .. with that being said I think the keys too the game for foreman are. 1 ) match idas physicality at the line of scrimmage ( I have alot of faith in our D line they are battle  tested and know what it will take ) 2) get our speedy play makers the ball in space ( batey , carver , Smith) 3) make ida play behind the chains ( tackles for loss , penalties ) 4 ) play a clean game with no turnover and silly penalties..

With that being said I'll take batey and gators 28-21

JHFootball37

Off topic but, is Mt. Ida matching up to last year's team? Just wondering to compare CC this year to Mt. Ida this year, from over here CC is looking just as explosive and a much better defense, was looking for somewhat of a comparison for the playoffs. I'd assume not because it sounds like the team is being held up by the senior class and the team's numbers are thin, but Ida's scores have looked pretty solid so far.

Redzone

DnA Prostaff

Quote from: stuck in between on October 06, 2018, 08:42:18 pm
The amount of respect these two teams and their fans have for each other is very much indicated in this thread. As game time approaches I hope we (both sides) will continue to keep our comments classy. In my opinion that helps build what has fast became a great rivalry. So often these threads turn into nothing other than grown folks setting bad examples as to how their kids/team should act. With the staggering number ejections and unsportsmanlike penalties that have been handed out this year it is clear that we all need to try and do a better job of leading by example. There is nothing wrong with some good ol' ribbing, but often times it turns into genuine disrespect. Thanks to the Ida posters thus far and I can assure you there isn't a person on this board that respects what you guys have done more than I. I will give my prediction in my normal weekly post.

I wish that would transfer across the state to some other schools. I am betting that both of these teams have some great coaches that the young men can look to as role models also.  I would dare say most of the "culture" of a team as far as class goes is a direct reflection of the coaching staff.   But some people are crazy! lol

IdaLions

Quote from: JHFootball37 on October 08, 2018, 11:35:09 am
Off topic but, is Mt. Ida matching up to last year's team? Just wondering to compare CC this year to Mt. Ida this year, from over here CC is looking just as explosive and a much better defense, was looking for somewhat of a comparison for the playoffs. I'd assume not because it sounds like the team is being held up by the senior class and the team's numbers are thin, but Ida's scores have looked pretty solid so far.

Ida's team is still very solid, and I would say they are not down one bit. I would say last years team had more role players that made big time plays, but Ida has actually reloaded and the players have replaced the seniors very well. Honestly I would say the same for Foreman also, but I don't know for sure how they feel about their team. I would say last years team would beat this years team, but this years team would make it a ball game.

IdaLions

Quote from: i40traveler on October 08, 2018, 10:47:53 am
Any truth to this game being played behind the yellow store in Oden?

Mount Ida would never go anywhere near that yellow store my good sir!😂

Eslim03

Gators don't even know where oden is. Conway Christian would be decisive underdogs to either of these teams. Foreman is getting healthy and have not gave up a score since their first game. Both of these teams are great again this year and not only will this game be great but it could be like last year and not be the only time they play either.

Legacy Lion

Quote from: IdaLions on October 08, 2018, 12:30:35 pm
Ida's team is still very solid, and I would say they are not down one bit. I would say last years team had more role players that made big time plays, but Ida has actually reloaded and the players have replaced the seniors very well. Honestly I would say the same for Foreman also, but I don't know for sure how they feel about their team. I would say last years team would beat this years team, but this years team would make it a ball game.
[/quote

You pretty much nailed it.

couch-coach06

I would say foreman Defense is better than last year at the same time .. and the offense is probably a little behind but I expect it too be improved with everyone healthy

Eslim03

October 08, 2018, 02:37:10 pm #43 Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 02:39:09 pm by Eslim03
Talking about the gators I agree but the two teams are close. I think this year gators may have a chance to end up better overall. Anyway this is opinions and I know this game will be great but I do really believe foreman is the better team.

IdaLions

Friday can not come fast enough, very hyped to watch both teams play

Hasbeen92

Comic- traveling the I-40 chitlin circuit

BlueNGold52

I really hate to pick either team in this game. If I pick Ida I could be called a "homer" if I pick Foreman then I'm not picking my team. That being said I really hope Mount Ida wins this game, but I really think if Foreman plays their best game and Mount Ida does the same it will be a Foreman win. I think the teams are well matched but Foremans speed and size and #'s will wear on Lions. If Mount Ida plays flawlessly and limits dumb penalties they definitely could win but being at Foreman I will take Foreman in a close one.

Redzone

IdaLions

anyone know what the weather is lookin like for friday?

Partsman

Quote from: IdaLions on October 09, 2018, 10:06:33 am
anyone know what the weather is lookin like for friday?
20% Chance of rain with a high about 70. Gonna be a good night to watch a Battle in the Swamp.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas