• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

CHG at Horatio

Started by HG Hornet, October 01, 2018, 09:39:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HG Hornet

First time that I can ever remember CHG is playing Horatio.  Any predictions? 

Also, I've been told the best way to get from Camden to Horatio is through Prescott & Nashville AND I've also been told to go through Texarkana to New Boston, TX and then turn North.  Any insights would be welcome.  Thanks in advance. 

Hgalum50

Quickest way by google maps is the first way you mentioned and as for the game yet another mercy rule!

Proud Buckaroo

IF ERNIE Agrees to it like or coach did. Clock runs in the 2nd quarter.

Smackover Fan

CHG by however much they want. Can probably hit the breaks after the first quarter.

VanillaThunder

Proud Buckaroo

snoopy22

Quote from: VanillaThunder on October 02, 2018, 08:21:53 am
class 3a is a joke
As is Class 4A.  I don't think I'd be talking bad about any classification when my own has a whopping three contenders for the state title.....and we can probably make that 2 after Friday.

snoopy22

Not to mention 3A sent Rivercrest to 4A and they will win their conference with an undefeated record.  Booneville would walk the dog in their old 4A conference as well.  Yep......

VanillaThunder

Horatio has some big boys. I know they did last year come baseball season, be a shame if they didn't play football.

stuck in between

Stop in Prescott and watch the Prescott/Smackover game. Save your gas it will not be worth the trip. From the New Boston exit you are about 30 min. To Horatio. You can run 70 MPH until you reach the Red River. Should only have to slow down once before you get to Horatio and that is in Foreman. A lot straighter road (maybe 2-3 curves the whole way). Than thru the Nashville,Blevins,Lockesburg route. It's not a big difference either way, just depends on what you like to drive. Better restaurant choices in Texarkana for sure.

HG Hornet

Quote from: stuck in between on October 03, 2018, 09:56:14 am
Stop in Prescott and watch the Prescott/Smackover game. Save your gas it will not be worth the trip. From the New Boston exit you are about 30 min. To Horatio. You can run 70 MPH until you reach the Red River. Should only have to slow down once before you get to Horatio and that is in Foreman. A lot straighter road (maybe 2-3 curves the whole way). Than thru the Nashville,Blevins,Lockesburg route. It's not a big difference either way, just depends on what you like to drive. Better restaurant choices in Texarkana for sure.
Thanks, old friend.  :)

CoolBreeze

This one will be a yawner.

HG Hornet

CoolBreeze

The A-Team

Quote from: CoolBreeze on October 06, 2018, 12:03:36 pm
As expected.
Has CHG played any competition besides aJC team that seams to be down this year?

HG Hornet

I would consider Bearden decent, especially since there's a rivalry trophy awarded to the winner each year.  Fordyce is definitely no slouch either.  But to answer your question......I guess probably not yet.  Smackover & Prescott are on the schedule in a couple of weeks.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: CHG Hornet on October 07, 2018, 01:48:56 pm
I would consider Bearden decent, especially since there's a rivalry trophy awarded to the winner each year.  Fordyce is definitely no slouch either.  But to answer your question......I guess probably not yet.  Smackover & Prescott are on the schedule in a couple of weeks.
Ominous clouds on the horizon.

HG Hornet

Quote from: CoolBreeze on October 07, 2018, 02:52:57 pm
Ominous clouds on the horizon.
Well, I would agree that a storm is brewing, but we knew they would be good and we're no pushover.  I wish the schedulers would have realized this and spaced those two games out for us.  But, it is what it is, and if we can't beat 'em, we should still get a home playoff game as the three seed.  Our guys would like a rematch in the playoffs with Rison.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: CHG Hornet on October 07, 2018, 05:25:12 pm
Well, I would agree that a storm is brewing, but we knew they would be good and we're no pushover.  I wish the schedulers would have realized this and spaced those two games out for us.  But, it is what it is, and if we can't beat 'em, we should still get a home playoff game as the three seed.  Our guys would like a rematch in the playoffs with Rison.

Not sure they want that... especially if it's the first game of the playoffs.

HG Hornet

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on October 07, 2018, 07:13:19 pm

Not sure they want that... especially if it's the first game of the playoffs.
If we do play Rison, it most likely wouldn't be in round one.  They'll probably win their conference.  Am I correct, don't the 1,2,3 seeds host first round playoff games? 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas