• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Texarkana @ Hot Srings Lakeside

Started by Hogman2018, September 30, 2018, 06:09:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogman2018

Thoughts and predictions! Lakeside scored 71 points last week can they do it again?

walkingguy72396

Tough one.
But since I chose too comment.

Common opponent Magnolia.
Lakeside Gave up 40 something.  Second or 3rd string d. I guess gave up most of it.

Texarkana vs the same team gave up 7 points.

On the points against.  I select Texarkana.  35 - 28.

AHS06

Going on the road the Hogs would needs to limit the penalties and give the sophomore RB more confidence in establishing the run earlier in the game. 

Hogs-38

Lakeside-17

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Hogman2018 on September 30, 2018, 06:09:26 pm
Thoughts and predictions! Lakeside scored 71 points last week can they do it again?
Texarkana by 100. ;D

InYoGrill

Youngsta71701

October 01, 2018, 01:07:52 pm #5 Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 03:27:54 pm by Youngsta71701
Quote from: InYoGrill on October 01, 2018, 01:05:29 pm
Come on man, 97! LOL!
Yeah you're right. 100 is a little too much lol.

kosher33

Don't forget Magnolia lost their STAR back on like the first play against Ark High as well.

RamFan06

Magnolias star back played both ways against Lakeside. He didnt miss a beat.

Texarkana poses a different challenge for the Rams though. Magnolia cant throw the ball so the Rams could concentrate on the run and limit Magnolia. The problem for The Rams in this game will be covering the speed of The Razorbacks receivers. I see this as being another high scoring contest but I am afraid the Rams will come up short. I would love to be wrong on this one but have to be honest.

Cant wait to see the Razorbacks at Chick Austin Field though. Looking forward to this game.

GO RAMS!!!

STBruin

going to be able to judge how good each of these teams are with this game...

AHS06

Quote from: kosher33 on October 01, 2018, 01:19:53 pm
Don't forget Magnolia lost their STAR back on like the first play against Ark High as well.
Their running back would not have made a difference at all against Arkansas High.  Magnolia played a weak non-conference schedule and will finish no higher than 5th in the South. 

Overdahill

Quote from: STBruin on October 01, 2018, 02:16:19 pm
going to be able to judge how good each of these teams are with this game...

And when they play McClellan  ;)

AHS06

Quote from: Overdahill on October 01, 2018, 02:30:40 pm
And when they play McClellan  ;)
More so to determine if McClellan is legit considering they have not played anyone.

Overdahill

Quote from: AHS06 on October 01, 2018, 02:36:37 pm
More so to determine if McClellan is legit considering they have not played anyone.

I'll be surprised if they are not legit; they've been putting some good years together there

Nonsense

I don't like to say it either, but I'm going with Texarkana in this game.

I think the only way Lakeside wins this game is if they win the turnover margin by +4 or better. Lakeside's defense has always thrived on being opportunistic, winning the turnover battle, and getting the most they can out of those kids. Lakeside's never had the perfect combination of size and speed to completely shut down opponents and this year's team is no different. 

mhfcharlesi

Texarkana is down 14 going into the ball game..better overcome the drive keep alive calls that Lakeside will get..Good Luck to the Razorbacks

Hoghead2

Arkansas High 42
HS Lakeside 28

Hoghead will be in attendance.  Texarkana has too much speed. Barry Norton will find Lakesides weak spot and exploit it. If the Rams can't stop the run its going to be a long night.

RamFan06

Quote from: Hoghead2 on October 05, 2018, 01:49:33 am
Arkansas High 42
HS Lakeside 28

Hoghead will be in attendance.  Texarkana has too much speed. Barry Norton will find Lakesides weak spot and exploit it. If the Rams can't stop the run its going to be a long night.

The Rams against the run is not my concern. They have a great Dline and fast physical LBs. Deep pass routes are the weak spot of the Lakeside defense. They will get burned with runs to the edge a few times in the first half but usually are able to adjust and shut that down as the game goes on. Teams dont have a lot of success running between the tackles on this version of The Rams D, again, it is the secondary I am concerned about.

AHS06

This game won't be close.  Hogs are running at will!

AHS 21

Lakeside 7

AHS06

AHS 28

Lakeside 7

They have called back 3 touchdowns on the Hogs

woopork

Quote from: AHS06 on October 05, 2018, 08:20:59 pm
AHS 28

Lakeside 7

They have called back 3 touchdowns on the Hogs

Those darn refs trying to keep it close.

Texarkana_Piggie

hogs 48
lakeside 14
final

just in case someone missed it. 

Hoghead2

It got ugly Quick. Texarkana had to much talent for Lakeside. Next week is the 5A South Title game in Texarkana against Little Rock McClellan. I told the 5A South fans in January this was how Texarkana was going to treat them. They've got LR MCCLELLAN,  DeQueen,  Hope and Hot Springs left.  The worst they can do is 2nd place.

Hoghead2

Quote from: RamFan06 on October 05, 2018, 09:42:25 am
The Rams against the run is not my concern. They have a great Dline and fast physical LBs. Deep pass routes are the weak spot of the Lakeside defense. They will get burned with runs to the edge a few times in the first half but usually are able to adjust and shut that down as the game goes on. Teams dont have a lot of success running between the tackles on this version of The Rams D, again, it is the secoendary I am concerned about.

Texarkana basically ran it with no problems. The Hogs could've easily hung 60 on the Rams. Big Game in Razorback Stadium in Texarkana when LR McClellan comes to town. Good luck to Lakeside for the rest of the season.

The A-Team

Quote from: Hoghead2 on October 05, 2018, 11:09:08 pm
It got ugly Quick. Texarkana had to much talent for Lakeside. Next week is the 5A South Title game in Texarkana against Little Rock McClellan. I told the 5A South fans in January this was how Texarkana was going to treat them. They've got LR MCCLELLAN,  DeQueen,  Hope and Hot Springs left.  The worst they can do is 2nd place.
Dude....y'all are good but slow down. You're not dominating like you think. You'll come back to reality soon I'll remind you later with that same "I told Ya'll"!

AHS06

Quote from: The A-Team on October 06, 2018, 10:21:19 am
Dude....y'all are good but slow down. You're not dominating like you think. You'll come back to reality soon I'll remind you later with that same "I told Ya'll"!
Unless you beat the Hogs, there's no "I told Y'all"  I personally dont think the Hogs were focused last night.   Lakeside was no match even with the flags, 3 called back TDs, etc.

Hogman2018

Dude calm down we know you hate Texarkana!  Hoghead is not from Texarkana ! He has a right to an opinion he is from Hope

Hoghead2

A-Team you've got a whole year to ride that dominantation off from what Texarkana put on Lakeside Friday.  Concentrate on this Friday  because Arkansas High owned you last Friday.  Work on making that 3 or 4 spot  road trip playoff birth.

Hoghead2

Quote from: Hogman2018 on October 06, 2018, 04:39:00 pm
    Dude calm down we know you hate Texarkana!  Hoghead is not from Texarkana ! He has a right to an opinion he is from Hope

I have relitives at AHS. Been following the Hogs since the days of  Swede Lee and Graylin Wyatt.

The A-Team

Quote from: Hoghead2 on October 07, 2018, 07:47:24 pm
A-Team you've got a whole year to ride that dominantation off from what Texarkana put on Lakeside Friday.  Concentrate on this Friday  because Arkansas High owned you last Friday.  Work on making that 3 or 4 spot  road trip playoff birth.
I'm not from Lakeside. And don't get it twisted my fearless Friday friend, I hope a 5A South team win it all but just slow down pal.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: The A-Team on October 07, 2018, 10:30:24 pm
I'm not from Lakeside. And don't get it twisted my fearless Friday friend, I hope a 5A South team win it all but just slow down pal.
In other words, don't get too cocky.

The A-Team

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas