• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hector @ Magazine

Started by Wildcatalumni21, September 29, 2018, 01:30:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildcatalumni21

Big time game in the 4-2A coming up! I know that it was against JCW but Hector put up 42 points in the 1st Qtr last night and had 49 points 30 seconds into 2nd Qtr! If that offense continues to click and stays focused then I don't see Magazine shutting us down! Our defense has to stay focused, discipline and hold their assingments! Think it'll be a good game for sure and I'm sure it being @Magazine will add some fire to them! Gonna go with my Cats though!
Hector- 35
Magazine- 12

rattlerfan24

Big game for sure.  I'll weigh in later in the week.
#rattlerpride

Hornet4ever

Hackett is open this week, which means I'll be going back to Magazine this week. Posters should meet!

rattlerfan24

Quote from: Hornet4ever on September 29, 2018, 05:51:55 pm
Hackett is open this week, which means I'll be going back to Magazine this week. Posters should meet!
great news.  You seem to be our good luck charm.

Wildcatalumni21

Hector scored on their 1st play from scrimmage, forced a 3 and out, returned the punt for a TD, then scored on their 4th, 6th, 7th, 10th, and 11th plays from scrimmage. I know they wasn't going up against a very good defense but to do all of that in the 1st Qtr and 30 seconds into the 2nd Qtr is pretty impressive! If that offense shows up this Friday then the Rattlers better hope they have a perfect offensive night to try and keep up!

rattlerfan24

September 30, 2018, 03:07:02 pm #5 Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 03:09:02 pm by rattlerfan24
Quote from: Wildcatalumni21 on September 30, 2018, 02:30:26 pm.
Hector scored on their 1st play from scrimmage, forced a 3 and out, returned the punt for a TD, then scored on their 4th, 6th, 7th, 10th, and 11th plays from scrimmage. I know they wasn't going up against a very good defense but to do all of that in the 1st Qtr and 30 seconds into the 2nd Qtr is pretty impressive! If that offense shows up this Friday then the Rattlers better hope they have a perfect offensive night to try and keep up!
I dont want to take anything away from Hectors offense (it was impressive) Magazine's defense is going to put up quite a bit more resistance

rattlerfan24

Everyone's offense seems to be clicking against JCW's defense this season.

rattlerfan24

Westside has given up
50pts in week 1
6pts in week 2
42pts in week 3
45pts in week 4
56pts in week 5

HorseFeathers

Week 2 must have been Two Rivers....I tip my hat to those boys cause it takes a different breed to get beat like that every week and come back for more....

rattlerfan24

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: rattlerfan24 on September 30, 2018, 03:07:02 pm
I dont want to take anything away from Hectors offense (it was impressive) Magazine's defense is going to put up quite a bit more resistance
Like I said I know they wasn't a good defense. I completely expect Magazine to be much tougher! I just think that if the backs run as hard as they did Friday through tackles, and our other skill guys making people miss they'll be hard to completely slow down

MICHAELSPAPPY

Hector better not be trying to arm-tackle that Hyatt kid.

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: MICHAELSPAPPY on September 30, 2018, 05:36:49 pm
I don't see that happening but I'll agree! If they do it'll be a shootout lol

rattlerfan24

Quote from: MICHAELSPAPPY on September 30, 2018, 05:36:49 pm
....or the Faughn kid....

Wildcatalumni21

In the same aspect, the Rattlers better not try to arm tackle the Day brothers, Blake Koehn, or Ethan Church

rattlerfan24

Absolutely. If we do, we will be in trouble.

Hornet4ever

If Magazine can limit the big play potential of Hector they will be fine in this game. Magazine has an offense that can score points if they get in a rhythm. They aren't joking about the Faughn or Hyatt kids, if anyone tries arm tackling they will run right through it.

IdaLions

I'm not from Hector or Magazine, but i watched the Mount Ida vs. Magazine game and the improvement of Magazine is unbelievable. Much better than last years team, acted like they wanted to be out there for once! Heck they held the state runner up to 13 points in the second half. Win or lose, Magazine has sure impressed me.

Im going with the Rattlers 3+ #underdogs

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: Hornet4ever on October 01, 2018, 05:27:22 pm
If Magazine can limit the big play potential of Hector they will be fine in this game. Magazine has an offense that can score points if they get in a rhythm. They aren't joking about the Faughn or Hyatt kids, if anyone tries arm tackling they will run right through it.
Hector proved against Perryville and WYC that they can have mythotical, sustained drives. But yes we do have big play threats on any given play

Hornet4ever

Quote from: Wildcatalumni21 on October 02, 2018, 12:02:31 am
Hector proved against Perryville and WYC that they can have mythotical, sustained drives. But yes we do have big play threats on any given play

Magazine's biggest weakness (that I saw) was pass defense. The night we played the field was a mess and it poured rain the entire time. Hackett scored on a long pass play mid-game and overthrow a wide open touchdown at the very first of the game. We had some other success throwing as well. Brady struggled to scramble that night, partially due to the conditions and good pursuit from Magazine.

My point being, Magazine had an aggressive defense that defended the run well. Pass defense not so much. Conditions being taken into consideration, this played a role as well.

MICHAELSPAPPY

Another factor is that this is the first time in a while Magazine has been playing for something. Motivation factor.

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: MICHAELSPAPPY on October 02, 2018, 10:13:57 am
Another factor is that this is the first time in a while Magazine has been playing for something. Motivation factor.
Motivation factor? Definitely
But experience factor may play a part! Not knocking Magazine one bit so please don't take this the wrong way, Hector has been in big time games year in and year out for about 7 years now. They've been there and know how to control there emotions and not let the moment and stakes get the best of them which is tough for 15-18 year old kids! Will Magazine know how to channel that energy correctly will be the key

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: Wildcatalumni21 on October 02, 2018, 01:01:15 pm
But experience factor may play a part! Not knocking Magazine one bit so please don't take this the wrong way, Hector has been in big time games year in and year out for about 7 years now. They've been there and know how to control there emotions and not let the moment and stakes get the best of them which is tough for 15-18 year old kids! Will Magazine know how to channel that energy correctly will be the key

Definitely a problem for Magazine - having been out of the "hunt" for several seasons. But you have to re-start somewhere. And the game is at home. Magazine fans hopefully will be fired up.

RATTLER43

I'm fired up...and the fire gets hotter every day!

Wildcatalumni21

Magazine have good concession stand food or should I eat before the game?

Hornet4ever

Quote from: Wildcatalumni21 on October 02, 2018, 01:01:15 pm

I somewhat disagree with this... Even though junior high may not be at the same level, it still has big games. The junior high bunch for Magazine has been in big game situations quite often. Remember, these kids have dominated over the last couple of years with not very many losses.

HorseFeathers

Wildcat...They used to have a pretty good Frito chili pie...but that was back in 2010. When they made the State Title run

rattlerfan24

October 02, 2018, 06:32:36 pm #27 Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 06:35:32 pm by rattlerfan24
Quote from: Hornet4ever on October 02, 2018, 05:06:56 pm
I somewhat disagree with this... Even though junior high may not be at the same level, it still has big games. The junior high bunch for Magazine has been in big game situations quite often. Remember, these kids have dominated over the last couple of years with not very many losses.
same for me.  I understand the point but last year week 10 was a huge game for Magazine.  It was win and get in/lose and the season is over.  Magazine pulled out the win in OT.  It was a huge game/moment.

Truth is, this particular group of sophomores and juniors have enjoyed alot of success to include an undefeated conference championship.  They are complimented well by the few seniors we have this year.

That being said, they still have to prove themselves on this level.  Two very key players from all those years are missing this year and that has not been easy to overcome.

I know that Magazine is capable of beating Hector.  I know that Hector is capable of beating Magazine.  I think the team that comes in more focused will win.

MICHAELSPAPPY

Magazine fans need to get into the game in a big way. Something more than the cheerleaders will provide.

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: MICHAELSPAPPY on October 03, 2018, 07:31:02 am
Magazine fans need to get into the game in a big way. Something more than the cheerleaders will provide.
No you can't suit up and play 😂

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: Wildcatalumni21 on October 03, 2018, 11:41:17 am
No you can't suit up and play 😂

At my age and condition, that would be downright comical.

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: MICHAELSPAPPY on October 03, 2018, 01:28:01 pm
At my age and condition, that would be downright comical.
I hear ya! First time I would try to open up my hips on a WR running a route I'm sure I'd hurt something lol

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: Wildcatalumni21 on October 03, 2018, 06:20:30 pm
I hear ya! First time I would try to open up my hips on a WR running a route I'm sure I'd hurt something lol

With me, "run" is a relative term only these days.

rattlerfan24

All right, I said I would weigh in so here goes....
It will take an extraordinary effort from Magazine to win this game.  Hector is a very good team!  I do not believe they are on Mt Ida's level but they are pretty close.  Magazine will need to be strong on special teams and will need to convert some 4th down plays...I believe 2pt conversion plays will also be a key. 

Hector can afford to make more mistakes but I expect will be surprised by Magazine's run defense. 

The biggest key to this game will be Hector's passing game vs Magazines pass defense.  The Rattlers will have to be improved in that department to have a chance to win this game.

Magazine 32
Hector 30

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: rattlerfan24 on October 05, 2018, 11:16:29 am
All right, I said I would weigh in so here goes....
It will take an extraordinary effort from Magazine to win this game.  Hector is a very good team!  I do not believe they are on Mt Ida's level but they are pretty close.  Magazine will need to be strong on special teams and will need to convert some 4th down plays...I believe 2pt conversion plays will also be a key. 

Hector can afford to make more mistakes but I expect will be surprised by Magazine's run defense. 

The biggest key to this game will be Hector's passing game vs Magazines pass defense.  The Rattlers will have to be improved in that department to have a chance to win this game.

Magazine 32
Hector 30
Very nice opinion! I just can't see Magazine scoring 32 on us!

rattlerfan24

I understand completely.  You may be right.

rattlerfan24

October 05, 2018, 02:28:30 pm #36 Last Edit: October 05, 2018, 02:31:49 pm by rattlerfan24
I'll be honest, if I hadn't went to Hector last weekend I wouldn't have said that.  JCW scored fairly easily on those two drives in the first half.

rattlerfan24

Thats only 4 TDs.....that's only one per quarter ;)

I mean I hope we are two TDs better than JCW

rattlerfan24

In all seriousness tho...I'm more concerned about magazines ability to hold Hector to 30..

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: rattlerfan24 on October 05, 2018, 02:28:30 pm
I'll be honest, if I hadn't went to Hector last weekend I wouldn't have said that.  JCW scored fairly easily on those two drives in the first half.
I can see your point on that. But also remember Hector didn't allow an offensive td to Marshal, Perryville, or WYC.

Dragonsvoice

The Cats have this one by 2 TD'S or more. Good luck both teams and safe travels looking forward to weeks 7,9 and 10! ;D

rattlerfan24

rattlerfan24

Rattlers getting dominated in the 1st quarter
#not

alaskanstorm

RATTLER43

0-0 2nd qtr.  Hector stopped us at the one. 

rattlerfan24

1st and goal for Magazine
Again

HorseFeathers

Posted on the other thread....but pretty nice behind the back handoff right there for the rattler score

RATTLER43

HorseFeathers

Well that's no good for Hector...Day lost the fumble on the kickoff return

rattlerfan24

Rattlers driving again
Ball at Hector 24

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas