• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Camden Fairview @ Texarkana

Started by Hogman2018, September 24, 2018, 11:05:11 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogman2018

It dont matter to me who played javee ball cause it doesnt have anything to do with the varsity! Congrats Javee champs!

browning_gold_12

Tell ya what, look me up this coming Monday and I'll walk you through the roster... ;D

Hogman2018

Whatever you say man!! I dont care! All that matters is varsity Im gonna leave it alone!

The A-Team

Quote from: browning_gold_12 on October 02, 2018, 03:13:22 pm
Tell ya what, look me up this coming Monday and I'll walk you through the roster... ;D
I can't believe you guys are going back and forth about jr high and JV. Lol

Hogman2018

Quote from: The A-Team on October 02, 2018, 03:40:18 pm
I can't believe you guys are going back and forth about jr high and JV. Lol
I agree with you it is stupid!! Thats the reason i gave up!!

#1 Hog fan

Quote from: Hogman2018 on October 02, 2018, 10:50:06 am
Yea they did if you wasn't a senior everybody played against Texarkana!! I talked to a coach and he told me that!!
No they didn't I know first hand two star sophomores didn't play due to injury.

#1 Hog fan

October 03, 2018, 09:56:09 am #56 Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 09:59:33 am by #1 Hog fan
Quote from: Youngsta71701 on October 01, 2018, 07:39:37 am
CF will always be average? Didn't we win a state championship not too many years ago ??? And how many conference championships in a row ??? We almost always have the talent. It's all about the coaching with us.
Exactly like who were yall in 6A before dropping down if that's the case yall are more average.

AHS06

Quote from: #1 Hog fan on October 03, 2018, 09:56:09 am
Exactly like who were yall in 6A before dropping down if that's the case yall are more average.
Camden lost the game!  We have beat y'all the last 3 straight years! We went through many average seasons due to coaching.  Whenever it's said and done Texarkana has more state titles, conference titles, and own head to head series over Camden.

Hogman2018

Yea we had the smallest enrollment in 6A most teams would be average playing teams with twice the enrollment!! Yall are average in 5A still!!

Hogman2018

Quote from: #1 Hog fan on October 03, 2018, 09:53:40 am
No they didn't I know first hand two star sophomores didn't play due to injury.
Who cares Pedro!! You might need to move them up to the varsity they need help!! I forgot CF is trying to win the Javee conference championship!

AHS06

Quote from: Hogman2018 on October 03, 2018, 02:03:06 pm
Yea we had the smallest enrollment in 6A most teams would be average playing teams with twice the enrollment!! Yall are average in 5A still!!
Man dont start that enrollment crap.  There is no big difference in enrollment in the 6A classification.  We were just an average program the last years due to poor coaching.  GW was smaller than Texarkana and Pine Bluff slightly larger. 

Hogman2018

Your stupid if you dont think enrollment doesnt make a difference! Why do they have different classes? Why dont you quit bashing coaches on here go get you a degree and show us how you can coach!! You dont have a clue!!!

AHS06

Quote from: Hogman2018 on October 03, 2018, 03:26:37 pm
Your stupid if you dont think enrollment doesnt make a difference! Why do they have different classes? Why dont you quit bashing coaches on here go get you a degree and show us how you can coach!! You dont have a clue!!!
I have multiple degrees.  Facts are facts! Your logic doesn't make sense.   During the last cycle Texarkana was the second smallest school in 6A.  WE'RE DISCUSSING 6A NOT ALL CONFERENCES.  GW was the smallest school and won the title.   They played Pine Bluff who had less than 100 more kids than Texarkana.   The enrollment difference in 6A is not widespread.  As I've told you before I don't sugar coat anything!  We have a pretty good quality coaching staff right now and Norton with company was a great hire for the Hogs.   However,  WE allowed the program to fall by hiring the previous coach and suffering many underachieved seasons.  If you can't see it for what it is you should stop sniffing up to the coach.

Hogman2018

I dont sniff up to no one!! You are clueless!!

AHS06

STUNNA

#1 Hog fan

October 04, 2018, 04:41:07 pm #66 Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 04:43:23 pm by #1 Hog fan
The records since atleast 2008 show who the real average team is when comparing the two😂 but anyways.

Hogman2018

I think our competition was a whole tougher than yalls schedule! We see what you did against Eldorado you dont ever beat them! We are about 500 against them the last few years! Eldorado Greenwood, and Benton is a whole lot better than Hot Springs , Hope and Dequeen! But keep believng what you want show your ignorance!!

#1 Hog fan

What ignorance is there to what I said I was speaking facts and you act like CF has never beat eldorado, texarkana and other big opponents don't try to put conference in it cause I had a valid point. If texarkana is/was so excellent like y'all say the record would've showed for itself.🤷🏽‍♂️

AHS06

Quote from: #1 Hog fan on October 04, 2018, 05:52:12 pm
What ignorance is there to what I said I was speaking facts and you act like CF has never beat eldorado, texarkana and other big opponents don't try to put conference in it cause I had a valid point. If texarkana is/was so excellent like y'all say the record would've showed for itself.🤷🏽‍♂️
You're missing the fact that the competition is tougher.   Camden has lost to Texarkana 3 years straight and Texarkana has a better record against the common opponent El Dorado.  Both teams were average in their respective conference the past years.

#1 Hog fan

Quote from: AHS06 on October 04, 2018, 06:21:54 pm
You're missing the fact that the competition is tougher.   Camden has lost to Texarkana 3 years straight and Texarkana has a better record against the common opponent El Dorado.  Both teams were average in their respective conference the past years.
No I get the point I just don't understand why a lot of people make it seem like Camden has always been a average team when they won all these conference championships and then some and 5a South hasn't always been the same. That's all I'm saying

Youngsta71701

October 05, 2018, 05:28:12 am #71 Last Edit: October 05, 2018, 05:30:05 am by Youngsta71701
Ok, so now we control what classification we're in? Who knew ??? All we can do is play who's on our schedule. BTW we beat Eldorado and Texarkana in most of those years during the non-conference schedule. Just saying. Carry on...

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Hogman2018 on October 04, 2018, 04:59:01 pm
I think our competition was a whole tougher than yalls schedule! We see what you did against Eldorado you dont ever beat them! We are about 500 against them the last few years! Eldorado Greenwood, and Benton is a whole lot better than Hot Springs , Hope and Dequeen! But keep believng what you want show your ignorance!!
So you want to compare some of the best teams in 6A to some of the worst teams in 5A? Brilliant.

AHS06

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on October 05, 2018, 05:28:12 am
Ok, so now we control what classification we're in? Who knew ??? All we can do is play who's on our schedule. BTW we beat Eldorado and Texarkana in most of those years during the non-conference schedule. Just saying. Carry on...
Texarkana and Camden did not play during that time in nonconference.

AHS06

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on October 05, 2018, 05:32:58 am
So you want to compare some of the best teams in 6A to some of the worst teams in 5A? Brilliant.
You are just making the statement more valid.  Those were our 6A West(GW, Benton, El Dorado, Texarkana, Lake Hamilton, Russellville, etc.)opponents that we played every year compared to those teams (hope, HS, Dequeen, WC, etc.)Camden played during conference.  Texarkana and Camden has always been a little rival. Nice to see both programs getting back on track.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: AHS06 on October 05, 2018, 05:41:13 am
Texarkana and Camden did not play during that time in nonconference.
You're correct. That last time they played was in 2005 until recently. BTW Camden won that game. ;D

Youngsta71701

Quote from: AHS06 on October 05, 2018, 05:48:43 am
You are just making the statement more valid.  Those were our 6A West(GW, Benton, El Dorado, Texarkana, Lake Hamilton, Russellville, etc.)opponents that we played every year compared to those teams (hope, HS, Dequeen, WC, etc.)Camden played during conference.  Texarkana and Camden has always been a little rival. Nice to see both programs getting back on track.
So you're saying Texarkana never played Sheridan or LR Fair? And Watson Chapel has always been tough. Can't put them on the cupcake list.

AHS06

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on October 05, 2018, 08:52:08 am
So you're saying Texarkana never played Sheridan or LR Fair? And Watson Chapel has always been tough. Can't put them on the cupcake list.
Yes we played Sheridan they are in the 6A West.  However, I'll take Sheridan over Hope, Hot Springs and Dequeen.  It has been 5 years since LR Fair was 6A.  I'll also take GW, LH, Benton, Lake Hamilton over WC.  Not to down Camden.  I played against Camden for many years but the opponents don't stack up.

6A West vs 5A South (Previous year projection)
  Texarkana over Camden
  El Dorado over WC
  Benton over Lakeside
  Greenwood over White Hall
  Lake Hamilton over Dequeen
  Russellville over Magnolia
  Siloam Springs over Hot Springs
  Sheridan over Hope

AHS06

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on October 05, 2018, 08:50:58 am
You're correct. That last time they played was in 2005 until recently. BTW Camden won that game. ;D
LOL that was an epic game.  We failed a two point to end the game.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: AHS06 on October 05, 2018, 09:46:54 am
Yes we played Sheridan they are in the 6A West.  However, I'll take Sheridan over Hope, Hot Springs and Dequeen.  It has been 5 years since LR Fair was 6A.  I'll also take GW, LH, Benton, Lake Hamilton over WC.  Not to down Camden.  I played against Camden for many years but the opponents don't stack up.

6A West vs 5A South (Previous year projection)
  Texarkana over Camden
  El Dorado over WC
  Benton over Lakeside
  Greenwood over White Hall
  Lake Hamilton over Dequeen
  Russellville over Magnolia
  Siloam Springs over Hot Springs
  Sheridan over Hope
I agree to a certain extent but you can only play the teams that are on your schedule and in your conference. We can't help the fact that we're in the 5A South or the 5A period for that matter. Should we give our championships back?

AHS06

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on October 05, 2018, 11:59:03 am
I agree to a certain extent but you can only play the teams that are on your schedule and in your conference. We can't help the fact that we're in the 5A South or the 5A period for that matter. Should we give our championships back?
Exactly.  There is no comparison unless we use head-to-head and/or common opponents.  The only true data is now going forward or 2005 and prior. 

PapaHog

On the bright side, we don't look bad tonight, Youngsta. Must have taken your advice lol.

Hoghead2

If you're basing on who is better over the years,Texarkana without a doubt has the better program and history than Camden Fairview. The best thing that happened to Camden Fairview was its merger with Camden High. Camden Fairview was a basketball school from its days in AA & AAA. CF was happy to return to the old 7-AAA/ 5A South in 2005. Unlike Watson Chapel who bragged of owning the 5A South. Texarkana didn't bark a word and has been quietly business like in this 1st year in dropping down.

Maynard G Krebs

Wild story in DemGaz about post game incident in parking lot

AHS06

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on October 12, 2018, 10:58:23 am
Wild story in DemGaz about post game incident in parking lot
Yeah that was a wild story but it wasn't a big disturbance as the paper painted.  I had no idea about the incident until it came out in the Texarkana Gazette yesterday.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas