• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

LRCA at PA

Started by PA Dad, September 21, 2018, 10:33:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

incogneto

Congrats PA on the win.  I hope you keep winning so we can play again. 

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: Yellowcake on September 27, 2018, 10:26:02 pm
56-14

Winner, winner chicken dinner.  Perfect prediction.  Who would have tjought it?

PA Dad

Quote from: incogneto on September 28, 2018, 09:38:57 pm
Congrats PA on the win.  I hope you keep winning so we can play again.

LRCA has a heck of a team.  I think this game would have been much different if Hill was at QB.  That's not a knock on the QB who played tonight but his inexperience showed.

LRCA played well in the first half.  PA made defensive adjustments at halftime and kept the LRCA QB on the run or confused the second half.

I do not think LRCA will lose another game before the playoffs.  I think they will go deep in the playoffs.  And I think, and hope, that LRCA and PA will meet again with Hill healthy.  That will be a heck of a game.

woopork

Quote from: PA Dad on September 28, 2018, 09:47:51 pm
LRCA has a heck of a team.  I think this game would have been much different if Hill was at QB.  That's not a knock on the QB who played tonight but his inexperience showed.

LRCA played well in the first half.  PA made defensive adjustments at halftime and kept the LRCA QB on the run or confused the second half.

I do not think LRCA will lose another game before the playoffs.  I think they will go deep in the playoffs.  And I think, and hope, that LRCA and PA will meet again with Hill healthy.  That will be a heck of a game.

PA Dad I would love it much more if you were more of a jerk than you are. You are always classy and make it nearly impossible to hate PA because you represent them so well

RyanLR

Nobody in 5A is stopping the Bruins barring a complete collapse.

Red Devil Alum

Red Devil Alum

Best rushing attack I've ever seen PA have. If hill were playing, LRCA might have been able to Match score for score.

PA Dad

Quote from: Red Devil Alum on September 28, 2018, 10:15:49 pm
Best rushing attack I've ever seen PA have. If hill were playing, LRCA might have been able to Match score for score.

I agree on both points.  Bratcher must have had close to 150 or more yards.

incogneto

Quote from: RyanLR on September 28, 2018, 10:09:38 pm
Nobody in 5A is stopping the Bruins barring a complete collapse.
I agree.   

Yellowcake

OBSERVATIONS:
That was the hardest hitting game I have seen in a while. Both sides.
LRCA has some hosses and speed. Justice plays, and that's a different game.
PA's defense played their best game.
I was on LRCA's sideline the entire game, and this is fact...I heard not one single curse word from fan, player or coach...not one. I'd tell you if it was different. One lady screamed "holding" a lot, but that always happens. If we are grading "class", they get an A+.
Hope Justice heals soon. I spoke to him and he was nice, humble and had a good attitude. God has a plan and he knows that.
Hope we play again in December.
And, finally, I can't wait to find out my new name for the next year. 😎

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: Yellowcake on September 28, 2018, 10:31:11 pm
OBSERVATIONS:
That was the hardest hitting game I have seen in a while. Both sides.
LRCA has some hosses and speed. Justice plays, and that's a different game.
PA's defense played their best game.
I was on LRCA's sideline the entire game, and this is fact...I heard not one single curse word from fan, player or coach...not one. I'd tell you if it was different. One lady screamed "holding" a lot, but that always happens. If we are grading "class", they get an A+.
Hope Justice heals soon. I spoke to him and he was nice, humble and had a good attitude. God has a plan and he knows that.
Hope we play again in December.
And, finally, I can't wait to find out my new name for the next year. 😎

Since you successfully predicted the score, maybe incogneto will ease up on you😀

Yellowcake

Quote from: Rocket23 on September 27, 2018, 11:36:38 pm
You've been drinking Tommy!  56-14.  We will have a good discussion at church Sunday.

Good seeing you tonight brother.
Hope they see each other again at WMS.

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: Ball Hawk on September 25, 2018, 07:18:06 pm
After watching some film the prediction I will give is this game will be unusually low scoring for a PA/LRCA game. Let's say under 56

At half time, I thought you were going to be correct.

Rocket23

Yellow,

Wake up, I am coming by and we are flying to Vegas right now.  Bam!  Right on the money.  You need to go to fairgrounds in October.  You can make a killing guessing weights and ages.  Heckuva game by you guys tonight.  Kelly was a master conductor directing the game tonight.

Rocket23

What not having justice tonight did was expose the offensive line's inexperience.  Justice can so elusive he can make up for OL's mistakes (losing two expected starters before the season was a big blow).

But hat's off to PAs defense, and Kelly's adjustments at halftime.

PA Bruin Fan

Quote from: Red Devil Alum on September 28, 2018, 10:15:49 pm

I'm not sure JH would have changed the outcome of what turned into a mercy-rule game, but I would say Coach KK has clearly been holding back his Jr starting QB from running.  LRCA was not prepared for that tonight. 

Hope we play them again in the postseason!

PA Dad

Quote from: Rocket23 on September 28, 2018, 11:13:03 pm
What not having justice tonight did was expose the offensive line's inexperience.  Justice can so elusive he can make up for OL's mistakes (losing two expected starters before the season was a big blow).

But hat's off to PAs defense, and Kelly's adjustments at halftime.

I agree.  PA blitzed a lot in the second half.  Hill would have seen it coming and could have eluded at least some of the blitzes.

incogneto

September 29, 2018, 12:08:47 am #117 Last Edit: September 29, 2018, 12:11:34 am by incogneto
Quote from: PA Bruin Fan on September 28, 2018, 11:15:44 pm
I'm not sure JH would have changed the outcome of what turned into a mercy-rule game, but I would say Coach KK has clearly been holding back his Jr starting QB from running.  LRCA was not prepared for that tonight. 

Hope we play them again in the postseason!
I completely agree nobody will come close to PA.  They are head and shoulders the best team in 5A.  It's not even close.  That QB will run all over McLellan  and Texarkana Morrilton and Harrison.  They have no chance.

Yellowcake

Quote from: incogneto on September 29, 2018, 12:08:47 am
I completely agree nobody will come close to PA.  They are head and shoulders the best team in 5A.  It's not even close.  That QB will run all over McLellan  and Texarkana Morrilton and Harrison.  They have no chance.

Come on man, you don't really believe that. There's plenty of teams that can make legit runs. It's a solid 5a this year. Very solid. We had a good game and y'all were missing a key cog. Far far from over.

So, what's my name going to be? Come on, make it good.

The only similar bet I lost also involved football and the stakes were 6 months of a bumper sticker of the other's choice. I had to drive around with a "I Miss Bill" bumper sticker. It was the WORST!!!

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: Yellowcake on September 29, 2018, 01:33:45 am
Come on man, you don't really believe that. There's plenty of teams that can make legit runs. It's a solid 5a this year. Very solid. We had a good game and y'all were missing a key cog. Far far from over.

So, what's my name going to be? Come on, make it good.

The only similar bet I lost also involved football and the stakes were 6 months of a bumper sticker of the other's choice. I had to drive around with a "I Miss Bill" bumper sticker. It was the WORST!!!

Being sent to Gitmo would have been more humane than that.

STBruin

September 29, 2018, 08:10:05 am #120 Last Edit: September 29, 2018, 08:17:34 am by STBruin
From watching the game...think Hill might have made the game closer, but think PA still wins. Adjustments at halftime is what gave PA the game, really surprised by LRCA offensive game plan....4th straight mercy rule at the hands of PA...

South 45

Quote from: Yellowcake on September 29, 2018, 01:33:45 am

That's hilarious!!!
:D :D :D

JessieP

Quote from: JessieP on September 27, 2018, 06:55:18 pm
42-30 would be about right if Hill was playing. Without him Kelley will do what he does better than anyone else, confuse the backup QB to the point of vertigo. He will see coverages and fronts that will have him frustrated beyond his experience. No one plays PA football like PA. There is one way and only one way to beat PA, physical clock burning grind it out smash mouth. If, and this may be a big if, PA gets knocked off this year it will be by a Blytheville/LRM type team. Keep the ball away from them and bruise them up on defense. That is not LRCA's game.

54-21 PA.

Who was this bloviating-pseudo intellectual-obnoxious-long winded-moron who said this? That idiot was pretty spot on and would have won the score prediction had Yellowcake not decided to wave his manhood around the locker room.

Hogman2018

Quote from: incogneto on September 29, 2018, 12:08:47 am
That will not run all over Texarkana I promise!! Now they might throw it all over us maybe

Overdahill

Quote from: JessieP on September 29, 2018, 09:24:56 am
Who was this bloviating-pseudo intellectual-obnoxious-long winded-moron who said this? That idiot was pretty spot on and would have won the score prediction had Yellowcake not decided to wave his manhood around the locker room.

Good call Jess

PA Bruin Fan

Quote from: Hogman2018 on September 29, 2018, 09:56:27 am
That will not run all over Texarkana I promise!! Now they might throw it all over us maybe

There are certainly a lot of good hard fought games to go this season.  I can't wait!

Maynard G Krebs

Still smiling today.😊

JessieP

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on September 29, 2018, 06:39:44 pm
Still smiling today.😊

All kidding aside, are you really that surprised? LRCA is an incredible team, they have a legitimate argument for being number 2, although there seems to be a Harrison, Texarkana, LRM and maybe even Blytheville log jam. The reality is that with Hill PA wins by 21. NO ONE beats PA playing PA ball. You must suck them into a slow grind. I am finally a true believer, the players have little bearing on their success, it's the system.

PA Dad

September 29, 2018, 09:23:29 pm #128 Last Edit: September 29, 2018, 09:51:35 pm by PA Dad
Quote from: JessieP on September 29, 2018, 07:30:06 pm
All kidding aside, are you really that surprised? LRCA is an incredible team, they have a legitimate argument for being number 2, although there seems to be a Harrison, Texarkana, LRM and maybe even Blytheville log jam. The reality is that with Hill PA wins by 21. NO ONE beats PA playing PA ball. You must suck them into a slow grind. I am finally a true believer, the players have little bearing on their success, it's the system.

5A has a number of good teams this year all of which have a chance to be the champs.  That makes for an exciting rest of the season.  And I still say look out for Morrilton when and if Criswell returns.

The players certainly have some impact but the system is the key.  And the system is Kelley.  I know folks argue that private schools have advantages and I agree that they do.  But, PA had all of those advantages before Kelley became the coach.  They won no championships.  All of their championships have been with Kelley.  Coincidence?  I think not.

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: PA Dad on September 29, 2018, 09:23:29 pm
5A has a number of good teams this year all of which have a chance to br the champs.  That makes for an exciting rest of the season.  And I still say look out for Morrilton when and if Criswell returns.

The players certainly have some impact but the system is the key.  And the system is Kelley.  I know folks argue that private schools have advantages and I agree that they do.  But, PA had all of those advantages before Kelley became the coach.  They won no championships.  All of their championships have been with Kelley.  Coincidence?  I think not.
A good system to have

JessieP

Quote from: PA Dad on September 29, 2018, 09:23:29 pm
5A has a number of good teams this year all of which have a chance to br the champs.  That makes for an exciting rest of the season.  And I still say look out for Morrilton when and if Criswell returns.

I agree. In college I read The Wizard of Westwood, the John Wooden book. He established a system where every player did everything the exact same way. They even were instructed to tie their shoes the same way. Sure he had Alcindor (Kareem) and Bill Walton but he won 7 titles without them. He ran a tight program where every player knew what every other player did. They never watched film on other teams. The mindset was "We play Bruin ball", you try and stop us. If someone got injured he just pointed to the next player on the bench and didn't give it a second thought. I see of lot of that in Kelley's program, it's tight and almost robotic.

On a side note, a funny story you will enjoy. There was a time when Walton showed up for the first day of practice with long hair, Wooden had strict rules on haircuts. Walton was the National player of the year his Junior season and was all but unstoppable. He told Wooden respectfully that he was a legal age adult and he didn't feel Wooden had the right to tell him he had to wear his hair short . Wooden told him your right Bill, I don't have that right. I do however have the right to say who plays on my team and we will miss you, practice starts in 15 minutes. Walton said he sprinted to the school barber.

PA Dad

Quote from: JessieP on September 29, 2018, 09:53:03 pm
I agree. In college I read The Wizard of Westwood, the John Wooden book. He established a system where every player did everything the exact same way. They even were instructed to tie their shoes the same way. Sure he had Alcindor (Kareem) and Bill Walton but he won 7 titles without them. He ran a tight program where every player knew what every other player did. They never watched film on other teams. The mindset was "We play Bruin ball", you try and stop us. If someone got injured he just pointed to the next player on the bench and didn't give it a second thought. I see of lot of that in Kelley's program, it's tight and almost robotic.

On a side note, a funny story you will enjoy. There was a time when Walton showed up for the first day of practice with long hair, Wooden had strict rules on haircuts. Walton was the National player of the year his Junior season and was all but unstoppable. He told Wooden respectfully that he was a legal age adult and he didn't feel Wooden had the right to tell him he had to wear his hair short . Wooden told him your right Bill, I don't have that right. I do however have the right to say who plays on my team and we will miss you, practice starts in 15 minutes. Walton said he sprinted to the school barber.

What a great story!  I haven't heard that one but it sounds like what a great coach would do.

PA Dad

Very astute observation.  I'm not sure what bloviating-pseudo intellectual-obnoxious-long winded moron means but I think i agree with it.

hogjay

This was my first PA game, electric atmosphere. Although,not sure how their field is legal.  Bleachers and fans too close to the playing field.  I find it really awesome though.  I didn't think the game was very good.  This is the worst PA team I have seen over the last few years.  QB has some wheels, but he struggled making throws on time, stared down WR's. Plus PA's line struggled forcing him out.  Kelley tried to over load Christians zone with quads to help with poor QB's play. Christian has zero inside run game.  They have a bruiser for a RB, but can't use him.  He should transfer back to where ever he was recruited from to become a game changer. Every inside run attempt a PA defender is unblocked.  I'm sure both teams will be hard to beat in the playoffs, with Kelley's coaching and Hill coming back as QB.  But, I think both teams are beatable.  Not sure if 5A is strong enough to do it this year.  If McClellan had the team they had last year, they would be 2018 champions.

RazorDad

Quote from: hogjay on October 04, 2018, 09:23:04 am
They have a bruiser for a RB, but can't use him.  He should transfer back to where ever he was recruited from to become a game changer.

I may be wrong, but I believe KG is too old to go back and play for Horace Mann.

Eastbay501

Quote from: RazorDad on October 04, 2018, 11:40:19 am
I may be wrong, but I believe KG is too old to go back and play for Horace Mann.

Agreed.

Chief_Osceola™

Gonna need to see video to confirm this.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas