• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas Razorback Football 2018 Thread

Started by bulldoghistorian, September 01, 2018, 03:08:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bulldoghistorian

Arkansas 35 yard FG
Arkansas 3
E Illinois 0
12:43 1st

bulldoghistorian

bulldoghistorian

bulldoghistorian

bulldoghistorian

bulldoghistorian

E Illinois long td pass
Arkansas 24
E Illinois 6
2:22 2nd q

bulldoghistorian

bulldoghistorian

September 01, 2018, 04:42:53 pm #7 Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 05:01:55 pm by bulldoghistorian
Storey to Jones 57 yard td pass
38-6

bulldoghistorian

Romeo

I don't know what Storey didn't do to get the starting job at QB but he looks too comfortable in this offense.

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

Ty just looks like he's a lot more relaxed than Kelley which I think is really why he's playing better. That, and Morris has found their weak point and is attacking that as much as he can

nastynice

Nice to see 3a and 4a players getting It done on the field. Jones Pettway Story

bulldoghistorian

bulldoghistorian

bulldoghistorian

bulldoghistorian

bdubyab60

bulldoghistorian

Lumberjackfan1978

thebigman3

Redwolves8526

Does Storey get the job now? Not a huge fan but was rooting for an Arkansas kid to be starting QB

AirWarren

We should have take Damarea Crockett over Devwah Whaley in 2016......he is just not a feature back.

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: Redwolves8526 on September 04, 2018, 10:40:01 am
Does Storey get the job now? Not a huge fan but was rooting for an Arkansas kid to be starting QB
i think he does

thebigman3

Quote from: Redwolves8526 on September 04, 2018, 10:40:01 am
I don't think automatic starter for next weeks game, but I think he should be worked in at about the second qt. I see us running both QB's till about mid-season when we start playing tough competition and and one out shines the other.

bdubyab60

Morris has already announced Storey will start but  Kelley will play as well.

IMO Storey showed what Morris had been looking to see during practice. Good, fast decisions with the ball. That earned him a shot and all the starting reps this week.

I'm still more concerned with run blocking than I am who the QB is. Because we still won't win much if either QB has to carry this team.

bleudog

September 08, 2018, 12:35:34 pm #25 Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 01:01:04 pm by bleudog
Michigan is up 35-0 over Western Michigan just before half.   ;)

Southeastern La and LSU kick off at 6:o0   ;)

Arkansas State and Alabama kick off at 2:30   ;)

bulldoghistorian

September 08, 2018, 06:40:49 pm #26 Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 06:42:53 pm by bulldoghistorian
Colo State 55 yard FG
Colo State 3
Arkansas 0
12:26 1st

bulldoghistorian

September 08, 2018, 07:08:19 pm #27 Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 07:17:11 pm by bulldoghistorian
Debwah Whaley 3 yard TD run
Arkansas 7
Colo State 3
2:02 1st

bulldoghistorian

bulldoghistorian

Connor Limpert 27 yard FG
Arkansas 10
Colo State 3

bulldoghistorian

Limpert 31 yard FG
Arkansas 13
Colo State 3
6:28 2nd

bulldoghistorian

Colo State 46 yard FG
Arkansas 13
Colo State 6
3:00 1st half

bulldoghistorian

Colo State 44 yard FG
Arkansas 13
Colo State 9
32 2nds

bulldoghistorian

bulldoghistorian

Kelley to Pettway 25 yard TD pass
Arkansas 20
Colo State 9
8:35 3rd

bulldoghistorian

Hammonds 64 yard TD run
Arkansas 27
Colo State 9
7:28 3rd

beach bum

September 08, 2018, 09:00:02 pm #36 Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 09:01:39 pm by beach bum
So is everyone on social media going to overreact and say Kelley should be the main guy again?? It cracked me up last week everyone on social media screaming for Ty Storey all over a performance against an FCS team. Even against this Colorado State team you still have no clue how we will fair against SEC competition.... At least we aren't Ole Miss though and give up 38 in a half against an FCS school or Florida struggling with Kentucky in The Swamp ;D

bdubyab60

Valleysports

Arkansas Refs are officiating the A&M Game.... LOL

beach bum

Quote from: Valleysports on September 08, 2018, 09:49:05 pm
Arkansas Refs are officiating the A&M Game.... LOL

What a game.... And if A&M steadies their defense in the coming years like they should with the new staff they're going to jump up to a top 5-10 program on a yearly basis.

beach bum

bleudog

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

Hoghead2

Colorado St. Wins as Hogs fade away. It's going to be a long season.

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: Hoghead2 on September 09, 2018, 07:30:29 am
Colorado St. Wins as Hogs fade away. It's going to be a long season.
yep longer than we want

bigworm

As captain lou holtz would say "nothing is ever as bad as it seems, and nothing is ever as good as it seems". But this is pretty bad. I still think morris is gonna do a good job but i honestly cant see how we can get 4 wins this season. We will do good to scratch out wins against north texas and tulsa. And neither would i chalk up yet. That was pathetic. I know neother QB os separating but this back and forth crap aint gonna get it done. And any SEC defense that cant do any better in the 4th qtr against a team like that is in terrible shape.

AirWarren

This team still has the stinch of Bret Bielema.

We need some attrition in a bad kind of way.

GettingStarted

It was a sad state of affairs.  QB is a problem but I think any fan that knew anything knew that from the start.  They are slow and have questionable arms and even more questionable decision making ability.  But, what do you do when that's what you have.  I don't know but maybe we did try to recruit a good juco transfer.   I heard somebody say we were bad everywhere and I think that is correct and it be very evident when we get into SEC play.  We need to beat North Texas for sure.

bdubyab60

NT is a decent team. Its gonna be pretty much a toss up. As far as QB I was really hoping Storey would build on last week. He reverted back to the deer in the headlights look from the outset. Kelley cant make a decision to save his life, just throw the ball even if its in to the stands.

Other option is to throw one of the Freshman out here and see if one of those guys have no fear. One to either throw it or tuck it and run. One of them should have got some playing time in the first game anyway imo.

Looks like a 2 to 3 win season at the most. That why its so important to not give games away. Its one of the reasons we have a new coach.

I was all for going for the 4th an inches going in to the 4th. It would have showed some confidence in the offense and the defense even if we didn't make it. That decision changed the whole demeanor of the team from going for the win to trying to hold on.

Finding it hard to find a SEC win this year. Ole Miss who we usually play good against, or at least beat can score in bunches. Vandy isn't great but solid and Missouri has our number. That's our most winnable games one would think.

GettingStarted

Quote from: bdubyab60 on September 10, 2018, 01:10:33 pm
NT is a decent team. Its gonna be pretty much a toss up. As far as QB I was really hoping Storey would build on last week. He reverted back to the deer in the headlights look from the outset. Kelley cant make a decision to save his life, just throw the ball even if its in to the stands.

Other option is to throw one of the Freshman out here and see if one of those guys have no fear. One to either throw it or tuck it and run. One of them should have got some playing time in the first game anyway imo.

Looks like a 2 to 3 win season at the most. That why its so important to not give games away. Its one of the reasons we have a new coach.

I was all for going for the 4th an inches going in to the 4th. It would have showed some confidence in the offense and the defense even if we didn't make it. That decision changed the whole demeanor of the team from going for the win to trying to hold on.

Finding it hard to find a SEC win this year. Ole Miss who we usually play good against, or at least beat can score in bunches. Vandy isn't great but solid and Missouri has our number. That's our most winnable games one would think.

Um, Yeah!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas